Main Menu

Recommendations

Started by Toki, March 03, 2009, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svx

Hmm...

I found Shakugan no Shana volumes III and IV translated by Baka-tsuki and the first chapter or so of volume V, but nothing FMP related yet.

RandiNinja

Yup! Too bad!

I wish some company in my country willing to take the license and sell it... I will buy the whole 20 volumes.... and ZnT too....

Yappari, i like i like the source of story more than the anime or the manga....

Added after 6 minutes:

Oh! btw, did you guys know My Boss My Hero?

I absolutely recommend this one! Absolutely!

svx

My Boss My Hero?  Uhn...  I'll... look it up?

Loving Bamboo Blade!  Speed Grapher doesn't appeal to me too much; maybe it's the terrible sound track.  Is that... Duran Duran?...

Any other good recommendations?  I recommend Nagasarete Airantou.

NejinOniwa

If you're not following Gintama yet, I recommend you start now, while you just have a hundred episodes to catch up on. -w-

Added after 1 minutes:

And I read/watched some of the mango and animu Airantou, but I thought it was a bit, well, haphazard. I mean, the guy is stuck on an island and shit so it's not really a good setting for the slice-of-life that it makes itself to be, and it lacks direction. I dunno.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

svx

Asu no Yoichi might be good.  We'll... uhn...

We'll find out...

Didn't AIC produce Bamboo Blade too?  This might be good...  But... Nejin...

Nejin. Uhnngh. I want Asu no Yoichi in wiedscreen before I begin to watch it. That's where you come in. Enhance the quality of my anime.

NejinOniwa

Aye-oh. Chihiro subs them in widescreen. Since it's another channel it's like some 5 eps behind, but they do come. TT them.

svx

Nejin...

Nejin...  Find me widescreen Full Metal Panic that isn't english dubbed...  :(

Edit:

Wiedscreen.

I've... been drinking...

NejinOniwa

You mean, you haven't been drinking. Which makes YOU drunk.
Oh, man is this confusing -w-;

Anyway - TT should cater to all your needs there too - since most of the stuff you're looking for there are Blu-Ray (YEEESSS) rips, they have dubs and subs included in the mux. Which means you'll have to mess around a bit with your local copy of Haali, Matroska Splitter, or something like that. But it should turn up all right.

IanDanKilmaster

Just sitting around thinking today, I realized something - I need to see a new anime.  It needs to be action genre, but I'm so sick of these "Must learn new attack" and "Must draw out story arc while manga-ka finishes" animus.  I'd like to see something old-school, with hand-drawn cels.  I don't know, I just need something different.  So much on TV is boring, boring, seen it before, boring, and so much I hear about from friends is overdone, lame, frou-frou, stupid, overhyped I need something to engage me!

The Choice of a New Generation.

RandiNinja

Jaa... if that's so.....

Maybe Full Metal Panic will be good or Tenjou Tenge....!

IanDanKilmaster

I've seen a bit of FMP!, it seemed alright, but that's not really the kind of thing I want to see right now.  I've seen Tenjou Tenge and enjoyed it but only for all the fight scenes/fanservice, the rest was just camp to me.  So yeah, I want to see swordplay, gunplay, hand-to-hand combat!  Really I'd like to see something Cowboy Bebop-ish, you know?

Smokey

Maybe i'm guessing wrong here (i don't know cowboy bebop), but do you know Trigun?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

It's my second favorite next to FLCL, Trigun=EPIC.  I'd really, really like to see another Trigun (not literally, but you get the idea).

Smokey

Well, at least you liked it... wich is good... ^_^

On a bit of a different note; FLCL?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Don't tell me...you haven't seen it?