Main Menu

Favorite Song?

Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Maybe I should let my cat walk across the keyboard and sell whatever he writes as poetry...I could make enough to get my own infomercial!
However, I'd first have to figure out what said infomercial would be about...

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 11, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
@Choco: That looks like somebody punched the keyboard a few times and decided to call it poetry
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2011, 07:47:27 PM
it was written in 1916. :|
Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 11, 2011, 08:15:35 PM
More like, somebody's cat walked across the typewriter and they decided to call it poetry
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2011, 09:35:21 PM
it was a major part of an art movement i consider myself a part of. xD
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2011, 09:35:21 PM
it was a major part of an art movement i consider myself a part of. xD
Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 11, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
Maybe I should let my cat walk across the keyboard and sell whatever he writes as poetry...I could make enough to get my own infomercial!
However, I'd first have to figure out what said infomercial would be about...

CHRIST ON A LAWNMOWER.

CHRIST.

ON.

A.

LAWNMOWER.

Chocofreak13

at him or me? :\

jeez, that's the last time i share anything from one of my classes.... >.>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Both of you. You post too much. Like, Eastern European Spambot levels. Srsly. 

Chocofreak13

at least we're relevant >:\

and that block of Dadist poetry was aimed at YOU. it's not my fault that you don't post as much as we do. >.>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It's not like we're derailing a topic to discuss paperclips or anything of that sort

NejinOniwa

This is a topic about favorite Songs.
Not music in general, or lyrics in general.

While good in intent, if you have enough material on something, consider starting new threads instead of dumping it in an existing one.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 12, 2011, 12:35:22 AM
This is a topic about favorite Songs.
Not music in general, or lyrics in general.

While good in intent, if you have enough material on something, consider starting new threads instead of dumping it in an existing one.

This...

I hate it when people create new topics for every random thought, but it's worse when topics get hijacked too - for instance, I'm disturbed that car talk has entered about six separate threads, including /Topicless, /Favourite Song, /Random AND /Member Pictures, and oh let's say /Favourite OS.

The uber back-and-forth thing bothers me too, since posting-every-twenty-minute-back-and-forths should really be saved for a chat or IM session - especially when the conversation devolves farther and farther off topic (it starts are talking about favourite songs, then it goes to lyrics [which is still cool cause lyrics are an important part of songs] then it goes to weird lyrics, then it goes to poinless lyrics, then pointless poetry, then random statements about art, then cats walking over typewriters or some shit. Wut.)

I don't say this to be mean or rude, I like Pentium and Kari, but posting like this can make the forum very difficult for people to follow. :/

Nichi

Another one of my favorite songs is Stargazer, by Rainbow.

To put it simply, this song is epic; opening with an awesome drum solo, having a slow but heavy guitar riff, epic lyrics, and the awesomeness that is Ronnie James Dio on vocals to make for one of the most awesome hard rock songs of all time.

(If Choco and I end up wondering too far off-topic again, I'll switch to sending PMs to keep things from getting too out of hand again)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 12, 2011, 03:07:24 PM
(If Choco and I end up wondering too far off-topic again, I'll switch to sending PMs to keep things from getting too out of hand again)

If you guys like talking that much you should exchange IM info. : D (I think a lot of us already have each other as contacts, so if you want to talk to somebody just ask, it's not impolite.) ^^

They aren't favourite songs (not even favourite bands, though I love some of their work), but right I could listen to You Are A Tourist - Death Cab for Cutie and Be Still My Heart - The Postal Service like a dozen times without getting sick of them. They're just so catchy. >w<

stewartsage

I'm just glad you kids get along so well.

I can given a definitive favorite album answer, semi-related; it's Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  Or any Beck album.

Nichi

@Bella: That could work; since I have a Yahoo account (Mainly for my primary e-mail address). I'll probably send that info to her later

Anyway, another song I like (Going into video game soundtracks now) is
Tower of Ice, from the soundtrack to "Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?"

I love this game's soundtrack; it was a stroke of genius that NIS America included the soundtrack CD with the game. However, if I had to pick one song as my favorite, I'd have to go with this one; it's nice and heavy, putting me in a mood to break out my PSP and go to Item World on Disgaea 2, or maybe get around to playing more Prinny 2.

Bella

The White Album and Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band are probably my favorite Beatles albums; Odelay and Modern guilt are awesome, Mellow Gold was pretty good too... those are the only Beck albums I've heard in entirety.

I love every Radiohead album except for Pablo Honey.

As for other albums I really like:
-Fleet Foxes (I listened to it in its entirety yesterday for the first time in ages, it never fails to amaze me how beautiful their music is)
-Under the Iron Sea (which is weird, cause I don't even like Keane but that it an amazing album)
... I can't think of any others atm.

Chocofreak13

i already named my favourite bands, and i don't really have any favourite albums. :\

random song i like: "Underworld" from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (and also "Sorrowful Angel" from the same game -w-).
click to make it bigger