Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Currently Fallen Icons by Delirium.

Chocofreak13

been listening to alot of perfume lately. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: The rap songs I remember the best from when I was a kid where No Diggity (Which I liked when I was younger, but don't care much for now) and Baby Got Back (Which I still like).

Another song I like, which I remember hearing on the radio as a kid, was Sex & Candy, by Marcy Playground. I remember hearing it for the first time during the ride home from the store after getting my N64; so, ever since that day, I think of the day I got my N64 whenever I'd head that song...which became weird once I got older and learned what the song is about.

Chocofreak13

yeah, it's a little disturbing when you hear stuff you heard as a kid and are like "wait a minute, that wasn't--oooh. o__o;;"

i have sex and candy on my ipod, and have been meaning to get baby got back (my sister has it).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It's like with a lot of Sammy Hagar songs; way back then, I used to think that "My Baby's On Fire" was about combustible infants

Chocofreak13

you guys ever hear a song where you can't quite understand the lyrics, and then you find out what they are, and you're like "wut" o___o;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: That was my reaction when I read the lyrics to the ending theme to Amy Rose's story in Sonic Adventure; it was completely nonsensical, with lines like "He reminds me of parsley when he's standing there all alone"

Chocofreak13

lol, at least that's cute/funny. i read the lyrics to Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" and was like "wtf O___O; "
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Another song that made me go "WTF?" when I read the lyrics was System of a Down's "This Cocaine Makes Me Feel Like I'm On This Song"; but, giving the title, that was probably intentional

Bella

Speaking of nonsense lyrics, I think Ben Folds could be the single most lyrically-bizarre artist in my music collection. (Compare Beck, whose lyrics are also very strange but give the impression of being a stream-of-though... whereas Ben Folds is just, confusing. Sometimes. He does have more coherent songs...)

Chocofreak13

all this talk of strange, nonsensical lyrics is reminding me of Dadist poetry:

Karawane (by Hugo Ball)

jolifanto bambla ô falli bambla
grossiga m'pfa habla horem
égiga goramen
higo bloiko russula huju
hollaka hollala
ankigi bung
blago bung
blago bung
bosso fataka
u uu u
schampa wulla wussa ólobo
hej tatta gôrem
eschige zunbada
wulubu ssubudu uluw ssubudu
tumba ba- umf
kusagauma
ba - umf
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: That looks like somebody punched the keyboard a few times and decided to call it poetry

Chocofreak13

it was written in 1916. :|
click to make it bigger

Nichi

More like, somebody's cat walked across the typewriter and they decided to call it poetry

Chocofreak13

it was a major part of an art movement i consider myself a part of. xD
click to make it bigger