Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@stew: think of it like a game of tetris.
and if all else fails, remember, you can always strap it to the roof
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkGaGBrS7_k

i can't stop... fangasming. fangasm level over the limits... ;___;
My my, aren't you lovely~

NejinOniwa

Wait a fucking second here...

YUKI KAJIURA DOES THE MUSIC?

I'm fucking IN.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Pitkin

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 09, 2011, 06:37:32 PM
Sounds like what I constantly deal with when somebody asks me about collage; they keep nagging about how I must go regardless of not knowing what I want to do just yet (After all, I don't want to rush in and then find myself with a degree that is of no use for whatever I decide I want to do)

Although it's light with my grandma (She's only obsessed over collage because of my uncle; who can't stay out of collage for more than a month before he's going back to study something else), it's worse with my coworkers; most trying to get me to make a decision right then and there, will often try to convince me to get a student loan since I can't afford to go (They don't realize that a loan has to be paid back; my mom knows people who went in the late '70s using a loan, who are still paying off said loan to this day), and one person had the balls to say to my face "You'll never amount to anything in life if you don't go" (Surprisingly, it wasn't my boss who said that. As much as I hate him, I'll give him credit for not sinking down that far).

I'm sorry to hear people're giving you that, Pentium. :( Rushing to college just for the sake of it isn't really smart, and to say that someone doesn't amount to anything in life without university degree is just rubbish. I did go to university right after graduation from high school, and while it was fun, I don't think it added anything (with hindsight): I've got a degree in economics sure, but I also realised that the field my parents wanted me to work in is full of morons and that I'd absolutely hate doing the same they did. I'd say for me the field I chose at uni / the uni in general was more or less a mistake. Who knows what kind of job I'll land in in France, but I can guarantee it's closer to hotel receptionist than the management. And it's fine like that.

Nichi

That, and the money taken up by collage would slow me down from moving out of my parents' house; which is my main goal after the master plan is complete. Of course, some of those same people try to convince me to become a freeloader and live with my parents longer, so I can go to collage; which just isn't my style at all.

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 10, 2011, 02:06:05 AM
Wait a fucking second here...

YUKI KAJIURA DOES THE MUSIC?

I'm fucking IN.

Typemoon X nitroplus X ufotable X Yuki Kajiura.. There is like no element here that would spoil the broth D:
My my, aren't you lovely~

Paul

As much as I love Star Ocean 4 I could sometimes murder the level designers...
Just found out that I was to weak for the end-boss, so I had to run back the whole way for some leveling. And that running back took 1.5 HOURS!!!

Chocofreak13

1.5 hours? pfft. it took me 150 hours to get where i am on disgaea, and i'm still not strong enough. >__<

@pentium, pitkin: even with clear direction in life, i'm harassed because i'm not ready to bring in money. this is one of the only places where i can relax. everywhere else (home, grandparents, sometimes school) the underlying property of all interactions is money. :[
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Pitkin on May 10, 2011, 04:23:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear people're giving you that, Pentium. :( Rushing to college just for the sake of it isn't really smart, and to say that someone doesn't amount to anything in life without university degree is just rubbish.

Agreed, Pitkin. It's sad (and frustrating) that society often says otherwise - and demands that EVERYBODY, no matter their skills or aptitudes, get a higher education and warns them that they'll end up poor and doomed to live an unfulfilling life if they don't. I don't know... sometimes it feels like people have become so wrapped up in their specific fields of education that they never bother to develop any practical skills - or worse, any common sense - and that this is why modern society is as screwed up as it is.

I'm quite guilty of being brainwashed into this mindset, though - my main desire to go to college is to not come off as some stupid, uneducated woman. : / If I were I man, I wouldn't feel the same sense of urgency about it. (Not that I really feel a sense of temporal urgency - I'm taking my sweet time until I can figure how I can study what I'm interested in.) I feel like, by getting a degree, I'll be able to say "Ha! I've done my part society, I've proven my worth, now leave me the hell alone!" and retreat into a quiet, semi-feral life of doing whatever the fuck I want... or something. -w-;;

Chocofreak13

@bells: you can be educated without a college education. Just read alot, ask alot of questions, and study classic art. -w- (nothing makes you sounds smarter than discussing the importance of Manet and artists like him in advancing the notion of what art is.)

EDIT: btw guys...
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I really don't understand the aversion you people have. I mean.
Knowledge IS power, after all. And power in whatever specific form one wishes for is the ultimate desire of any sentient, independent creature.
Not that there aren't other ways to attain it, but high studies is an exemplary way of it - and in great quantity and quality. Truth, while the simplicity of living life outside the barriers of universities and colleges gives one everyday wisdom and common sense, in the end it's all just that - common. Ordinary, normal, what is expected and usual for any human to know. While you might well find yourself equipped to walk most of the beaten paths of life, the chance of making any greater progress in any direction is greatly crippled if you stay reliant only on the common grounds.

Any and all revolutions in any field needs someone to take a first step in a direction nobody ever knew existed before. For that, you need to have something extraordinary - and while you may well have something inside you, you must find it and learn how to tap into it before you can use it to your own gain.
When you do, however, you have power. Over yourself, and your surroundings. And perhaps, if you're lucky, even more.

Chocofreak13

mindless ambition is just that--mindless. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Nej just made me want to delay going to college even longer.... yeah. =_____=

NejinOniwa

You've got it wrong, I'm afraid. Mindless ambition is just that - Ambition.
And if you can gain enough insight to make some sense and plan out of it, then you're in business...

The world may not have gotten that much smaller, but I assure you - its inhabitants have grown a lot greater.

Pitkin

Bah, as if I needed to study 12 years of physics to make a difference: just by working in a store I can make someone's day after work a bit better and let them go home with a smile on their face. Don't give a damn about power as long as others just treat me and others with some respect. ^^;