Your favorite OS-tan

Started by FabianN, April 09, 2005, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

the thread about miyazaki is still in the computer section somewhere. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I might have to go look at that when I get off work; that picture alone leads me to believe it'll top the huge ad for free paperclips I found on another site

Chocofreak13

the spam is gone. but the post with the article is still there. :\
click to make it bigger

sks963

I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Bella

Good choice. :)

As far as canon Windows-tans go, NT-tan's probably my favorite.
OSC-produced Windows-tans: probably 2.0-tan
Canon Mac-tans: Snow Leopard-tan
OSC produced Mac-tans: I have a soft spot for Aurora's System 7-tan.

tbh I love most of the OS-tans we've created here, I don't know if I could play favorites.

Chocofreak13

my favourite -tans aren't -tans, they're -kuns. >>

though i do have soft spots for 2k-tan, 98-tan, Homeko and 3.1-tan. and futaba's 1.0-tan, she's just so adorable. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Hm, yes, 3.1-tan would be on my list too. As for -kuns, my favorite (Windows-kun) has always been 2K-kun.

Chocofreak13

2k-kun is badass, especially when you consider his interactions and daily life with all the other futaba characters. he actually has a continuing life and narrative beyond a series of pinups. ^^
click to make it bigger

winduko

95-tan is my favorite OS-tan. My other favorites tend to be during the same era, as it's my favorite computer era, but 95 is top because she's so damn headcanonable. Probably because the marketing for Windows 95 is a great source of inspiration.

As for favorite -kun, definitely ME-kun. Just because he's cute. Homeo is definitely a close second, however. I vastly prefer writing females by miles, so I tend to focus more on the -tans.

Bella

Quote from: winduko on September 09, 2014, 08:22:35 AM
I vastly prefer writing females by miles, so I tend to focus more on the -tans.

Amen, sister. Part of the reason I got into (and stayed in) the OS-tan fandom is the abundance of cool/kickass female characters. It's a weakness of mine. >>;;

I agree with you on the 95-tan point. It's one of the more storied Windows releases, so there's a lot of material there for authors to work with should they so choose. Homeo is probably my second-favorite OS-kun as well...

This is better suited for the theories thread but: am I the only one whose considered that Homeo is likely some gender other than male or boy? I know Homeo is usually portrayed as being interested in crossdressing but I've also heard suggestions that they are transgender. There's never been a clear consensus on actual gender identity, though, so it's fair game for theorizing as far as I'm concerned.

winduko

I completely fucking agree with transgender!Homeo. If I weren't in class now, I'd have made a happy noise of sorts.

Nichi

That actually does make sense...and does explain a hentai doujin I have; where in the second story in the book, Homeo is physically female.

As far as -kuns, Homeo is cool -w-
I suppose my other favorites are 2k-kun and Emacs-kun* -w-

*The jury is still out on whither they'd be -kun or -tan, given that one pic with Multics. Either way, would snuggle >w>;

Chocofreak13

Homeo is best described by the canon as closeted trans. it has been shown on many occasions that he wishes for the female anatomy (having dreams about gaining tits, nearly killing himself by almost cutting off his penis) as well as feels more comfortable in "womens'" clothing and masquerading as a girl. there are actually some characters that think he IS a girl and don't know otherwise.

on the flipside, while she doesn't care NEARLY as much as he does, Homeko may have slight trans inklings as well. in one comic, when the two are mysteriously genderflipped, she is shown to be EXTREMELY excited and actually dashes to where Homeo is, saying that they can finally have a relationship. this is likely due to her extreme yaoi leanings and brother complex, but the point stands. usually she just doesn't care, though, living as a typical fujoshi (not caring about appearance, bra, diet, or how she presents herself to others).

also, my favourite -tan is all the -kuns.
click to make it bigger

tomago001

ChiVistan is top tan on my list and has just knocked Saseko off the #1 spot . As an OS, I have no problem with either one, But because Saseko has been retired (unfortunately) ChiVistan takes that #1 spot. Not to also mention her grace and in performance and looks. Chivistan FTW!  ;D
Reviving old hardware. Just like I said i would.

Chocofreak13

Saseko's only been retired if you want her to be. i still love XP. i prefer the other Vistans, but Chivistan is nice as well. pretty hair and all that.

also, welcome new person. go introduce yourself in Member Introductions if you feel like it. -w-
click to make it bigger