Need some help Identifying all of the OS-tans and OS-kuns.

Started by IodaFett, July 15, 2006, 05:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Well in this day and age, information is usually just one Wiki click away.  But the short of it is that Nvu is a really cool open source HTML editor (similar to Dreamweaver and Frontpage), whereas Seamonkey is an old internet application suite (similar, perhaps, to the old Netscape Communicator)....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaMonkey

Odyssey, however, is an exception to this readily available information.  So far, I've come up with nothing, fueling fears that it may be Japan-only software (or worse, a meme injoke).... ^^'

Silentbob

There are some obscure OS's out there.   I suddenly do recall AtheOS and its offspring Syllable. (Done by one of my countrymen.  ;))

C-Chan

Huh,... funny, I ran into those two during my research but didn't add them to the Annex.... '__'

Must remember to have C-One add those two later....  -___-

*write up sticky note*

Thank you, AmigaBob, for your usual insurmountable awesomeness.  ^__^

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

The search continues then... -v-

BTW, while looking at the new Yamada pics in the Gallery, I noticed that blue-skinned horned girl pops up a lot.  Anyone know who she is?  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

Odyssey is a prototype Windows version that never got finished or released (I think it was supposed to be a Home version of 2000) and that blue-skinned girl is Astaroth. She's the female version of a character from a card game that Futaba adopted as one of their own.

C-Chan

Wai!!!  ^v^

Thank you Aurora-sama!  ^__^

So that means that the only relevant OS-related characters above are Odyssey, Yamada-san, and WE-tan.  ^.^

(At least the characters in the foreground don't strike me as OS-related...  O_o)

NewYinzer

*comes out of hole*

Hi everybody. Sorry for the hiatus. Anyway, I think that Odyssey was a new version of 2000 for businesses:
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/windowsxp_gold.asp
In other news, where are my Yamada pics?
*thinks*
Let me guess:
- Too many pics, I crashed the server
- Some of them weren't relevant enough to Yamada (most of those I uploaded were directly uploaded from the archive, and I didn't filter them on any criteria)
- Pitkin's head asploded and he is trying to get them into the gallery once he heals

Anyway, I uploaded some pics. Now I shall wait for admin approval.
*waits*

C-Chan

Aha!  That link shed's some uber-valuable light!  ^__^

Thank ye, NewYinzer.  ^.^

Oh, and did you upload your Yamada pics to the 98 gallery?  Cause they all seem to be in the Other and Group section instead.  ^___^'

[BTW, I think you uploaded too many.  Try a smaller batch to prevent a potential Pitkin meltdown.]  ^^'

C-Chan added the following  31 minutes after last message :

BTW, I finally confirmed for myself how Windows Neptune looks like.  ^__^

The Running Windows Desktop is looking more complete every day!  ^v^

windowsgirl

Neptune: the OS that never was

Gussy Keniji

*At Nijiura pic* WTH why's Prier there?

Most of these characters (Hell all of'em) appear in the MUGEN variant 'Nijikaku, some as playble characters...I've always been meanin to figure out what exactly they all are...

Oh gawd I lol'd at the Chiyo/Osaka thing, truth be told this isn't the 1st time I've seen them like this...

Noice Odesssy pic thar too

"Wut..."

Techno the fox

Like Gussy-san said, most of the characters from the middle up are in Nijikaku. 2Chan and Nijiura have more memes than all of 4chan and Youtube put together. I can name all the OS-tans hands down, and some of the others (Only because I have Nijikaku)

First Row: The First guy is Heika (I think that's his name at least) the third one (Girl in a blue bikini) is called 2Ban-tan (though has nothing to do with Os-tans though. The girl in fifth is Manamana, then there's the Panic Painting (Who is called "Munch" in nijikaku interestingly enough) then Takakazu Abe and that kid who likes to run over people's head with his bike. I the box there's CE-tan and the two girls who are her supporters in Niji.

Second Row: Me-tan, 2K-tan, Xp Pro-tan, 95-tan, 98SE-tan, 98-tan, NT-Tan, Inu-T, NT-tan, CE-tan, XP Home-tan, Server 2003-tan, 3.1-tan, Visbou (Vista), I'm not sure what that is next to her, Seifuku Vista-tan, Generic Mac-tan, Mac OS9-tan, Pizza-chan, Norton-Kun, Not sure who those last three are.

Third Row: XP Pro-kun, Me-kun, 2K-kun, 98-kun, 95-kun, not sure who the next two are, Xp Home-kun, Visdog (vista), Galaxy Angel Characters (7), Yamada, We,  Astaroth, I'm pretty sure the next guy is from Kamen Rider.

Fourth Row: Don't know the first guy's name I think he's Higyopam's driver though, Waha's sister, Waha, everything from this point on is just drawing a blank in my head..

Fifth row: Shinku, A dog dressed like shinku, Suiginto, A penguin dressed like Suiginto, Hinaichigo, Suiseiseki, Souseiseki, Kanaria, Barasuisho, Aka Cho Tin, don't know who the two bunny girls are, some Hina variant, jissouseki, a few more rozen variants.

Next few rows: The maids from Nijiura I don't have their names memorized, the next few rows I don't know.

Seventh Row: Does girl #7 have a longcat in her lap? Is girl #8 Firefox-ko?

Last Row: Higyopam, Floren, Hato Sabure, all the rest I don't know.

Yeah, then I see Chiyo and Osaka at the end....Err...Uhh....XD

Rin_Satsuki

Quote from: Techno the fox on January 26, 2008, 05:16:06 PM
"First Row: The First guy is Heika (I think that's his name at least) the third one (Girl in a blue bikini) is called 2Ban-tan (though has nothing to do with Os-tans though. The girl in fifth is Manamana, then there's the Panic Painting (Who is called "Munch" in nijikaku interestingly enough) then Takakazu Abe and that kid who likes to run over people's head with his bike. I the box there's CE-tan and the two girls who are her supporters in Niji."

"Third Row: XP Pro-kun, Me-kun, 2K-kun, 98-kun, 95-kun, not sure who the next two are, Xp Home-kun, Visdog (vista), Galaxy Angel Characters (7), Yamada, We,  Astaroth, I'm pretty sure the next guy is from Kamen Rider."

"Fourth Row: Don't know the first guy's name I think he's Higyopam's driver though, Waha's sister, Waha, everything from this point on is just drawing a blank in my head.."

"Fifth row: Shinku, A dog dressed like shinku, Suiginto, A penguin dressed like Suiginto, Hinaichigo, Suiseiseki, Souseiseki, Kanaria, Barasuisho, Aka Cho Tin, don't know who the two bunny girls are, some Hina variant, jissouseki, a few more rozen variants."

"Next few rows: The maids from Nijiura I don't have their names memorized, the next few rows I don't know."

"Seventh Row: Does girl #7 have a longcat in her lap? Is girl #8 Firefox-ko?"

"Last Row: Higyopam, Floren, Hato Sabure, all the rest I don't know."

"Yeah, then I see Chiyo and Osaka at the end....Err...Uhh....XD"

guy next to Manamana is Tyuuoun-Shiryu, and his helper.. I dont know her name.

the kid is named Abui, and is a female. :P

the two girls are named Chikoi-san (blue-haired) and Makibishi(gray-haired). :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Visdog is named Anyo, and "next guy" is Black. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first guy is Dearka-Elsman from Gundam SEED, Waha's sister is actually named Musu, also known as Onee-chan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after Waha is Choia, Waha and Musu's "pet human".  after that is Chibi Yami, who'm is the "child"? of YamiYuki. the three after those two chibi things that were next to Chibi Yami are Misumi, Yukishiro and Kujou from Futari wa Pretty Cure. (I dont want to list all of them because that takes too much time. :P)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dog is named Wanku, penguin is named Pengintou, Hinaichigo variant is Hebi Ichigo, after Jissouseki is Eigyouseki. Tomoe is from the real Rozen Maiden anime. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medoi-san and her cat, aswell as Doublemuscle(not a maid..), Modoi, Kudoi, Hidoi, Madoi, actual sized Chikoi, Shippai, Dunbine, M-ko are most of them.. again, I dont have time to list all. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apparently, and no, thats Hana from Ukagaka.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

after Hato Sabure is Sanrio, and the fat red-haired girl is Maysuyan. the Train is from Yume Nikki, an anime. after that is Godman, then Lesty, then Rusty, then Risty, then Tyris, then Solty Rei.

its a pose. xD no translation of it yet. D8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that covers more of the characters. :P

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

*kicks new person* CHECK THE DAMN DATE! THIS THREAD IS LONG DEAD!! >__<;;
click to make it bigger