Main Menu

The Political Compass

Started by Pitkin, April 13, 2011, 05:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

Inflammable thread time~ <3 No, just kidding, my idea was not to spark political debate (heaven forbid) but to link to a site I've visited a few times since I found it years and years ago.

http://www.politicalcompass.org

As I pointed out, the idea is not to provoke political bickering, but I was simply interested in how others here positioned on the libertarian-authoritarian and the traditional "left-right" scales. No hating allowed here!

Anyone interested, take the test and post toast of the resulting graph. x) I'm not implying the test is 100% accurate or that we should form strong opinions on anyone located differently than ourselves, it's mostly for fun and my love for graphs and stats that made me post this. Honestly. ._.

My own result was well... in accordance to my own idea of political location - flaming liberal:

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.03

If enough people post their results, maybe we can make a summary picture with everyone's results in the same graph too~ *total geek ._.*

edit:

OSC crowd graph:

Legend: Kri(zonar), Sim(onorged), Ste(wartsage), Lea(f), Ale(x S), Alf(onso), Bel(la), Nej(inOniwa), Pen(ti-chan), Coc(kleshell), Cho(cofreak13), (Pip)Pit(kin), Raf(faele the Amigan).

The user whose name is hidden under Nejin's blob is Raf. The three blobs in the bottom left of the cloud are Coc (topmost), Cho (leftmost) and Pit. The blob between the three-blob group and Nej is Pen.

stewartsage

I remember taking this in high school Government.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

I refuse to believe I've become any less authoritarian (last time I was nearer the pope on the authoritarian axis) or socially liberal; probably just more ambivalent to the questions.  Also: Okie from Muskogee is satire in the vein of, say, Uneasy Rider.  No matter how Merle Haggard may have apparently changed politically in recent memory. Annnnd there are still no American political parties for me (according to the chart).

NejinOniwa

Well, yeah. Kinda knew this one.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10

That seems correct.

Red-Machine

I've taken this a few times before, and I'm pretty much exactly the same as you Stew.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

stewartsage

I'm waaaay more authoritarian and liberal then that though.  I think.

Krizonar

Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.54

Chocofreak13

between nelson mandela and the dalai lama. :3
click to make it bigger

Alex S

Chocofreak13

you're the lone republican. consider yourself unique? :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Slightly Authoritarian and almost in the middle, yes, that describes me well, really.

Alex S

@Choco: Somewhat. Not everyone has posted yet... I think.
Pitkin, Bella, stuart, Choco, Nejin, new guy mac enthusiast; we're missing Aurora.

It's really a combination of apathy towards others and dislike/distrust towards authority. Which add up to 'Leave me alone, I want to game/read/etc."

Actually, most of us are more on the libertarian side, if that has any importance.

Chocofreak13

@kriz: but he's more libertarian....as am i.....
@alex: for some reason aurora doen't participate much in non-art threads anymore. i wish she would. :[
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I was referring to mine, as I'm unique with being slightly Authoritarian as well. (Stew's is close, but mine is, like, obviously authoritarian)

I also like my nickname from Alex  8)

and yes, Aurora should have some funs.