Private servers and the Offical servers

Started by ShinraKenshin, October 11, 2005, 11:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinraKenshin

It's come to the attension of eyes why this has developed into a serious issue I want to hear from every one what they think of this wither your for private server's or aganist it . Btw accuse me of being a p'server lover with just a flame I will not only ignore it but delete it from the posting I only want your opinons not a flame war.

Roan Kushranda

Ayromek

Ah, Ragnarok Online.  My first venture into MMORPG gaming.  Thinking about it makes me miss the server I used to run, back when I had the time and money to do such things.  As you can probably guess, I side with the private server owners in this matter, mainly because I don't like the way that Gravity Games does business with the public servers.

The big problem I have with public servers is that they can't possibly cater to the wants of every MMO gamer out there with their current business model.  However, rather than explore a business model that makes sure there's something for everyone, they take the capitalist approach and cater to the 1337-speaking twitch-gamers that represent the majority of MMO gamers.  On the other hand, we have private servers that are largely maintained by their webmasters as a labor of love as opposed to a capitalistic venture.  They don't develop new features, host events and police their servers because they're paid to do it - they do these things because they want to.  Keeping their players happy makes the server flourish, and that is the joy of running a server, not raking in profits.

I could probably rant a lot more about the effects of capitalism on video gaming, but I think that the Scratchware Manifesto does a better job at it.

ShinraKenshin

Very good I love this opinon come on folks I know you got something to share speak it out here tell me what you think .  

CaptBrenden

Well, I personaly dont play a single one of those massive online role playing games.  I refuse to keep paying for a game after I bought it.  That, no offence to the mentaly impaired, Is retarded. I paid my money for the game, im not going keep paying you you pricks.  Untill they can run something like that for free,  Ill continue to just play games like HALO PC where I can connect, have a good time and play it up for the measily cost of the game.  
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

ShinraKenshin

QUOTE (CaptBrenden @ Oct 14 2005, 05:46 AM)
Well, I personaly dont play a single one of those massive online role playing games.  I refuse to keep paying for a game after I bought it.  That, no offence to the mentaly impaired, Is retarded. I paid my money for the game, im not going keep paying you you pricks.  Untill they can run something like that for free,  Ill continue to just play games like HALO PC where I can connect, have a good time and play it up for the measily cost of the game. [/quote]
and how dose that compare to what I just said at the moment X_x . Where on the subject of gravity and the ps servers bro ...

CaptBrenden

i dont know.  I was pretty tired at the time
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Agelu

I really looked down for a good free RP on Internet for some time <_< , to no avail...