Your own Os-tans and kuns

Started by Spysweeper, November 28, 2006, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spysweeper

I'll list a couple of ideas I have

Alienware Kun & Tan Notebook and desktop versions

Trend Micro Kun & Tan

Fix it ultilites 6 Kun & Tan

I have alot more Ideas hopefully some will actually become real os-tans and kuns someday.

C-Chan

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?t=231  ^___^

Listed them a while ago.  -v-

Aside from my own, it also includes new OS-tans drawn by Aurora, SleepyD, Darknight and some other artists.  ^.^

Spysweeper

Oh ok well we can list some more too I have alot of new ideas and i'm sure others do to but thanks for the Link C-Chan

Alex Stankevitch

Im gonna try some AVG-kun and Lavasoft-tan.

C-Chan

Oh yeah, definitely go ahead and try -kuns as well as App-tans, Video Console-tans, etc, as I already stated I can't cover those on my list.  ^^;

(every where you look, there's a -tan of just about everything, and I ain't helping them be less plentiful.  ^^;

Added after 8 hours 50 minutes:

QuoteIm gonna try some AVG-kun and Lavasoft-tan.

Is she gonna look like her, by any chance?  ^.^

Spysweeper

Wow nice pic C-Chan

I have another DSL-Tan and kun

Name- DSL-kun/tan
age-18
height-5,8
weight-135 lbs
eye color-green
hair color-black long
nationality-Japanese
Clothing-Shirt that says dsl on it, dsl shades or glassess, Dsl pants, shirk for tan, dsl shoes, dsl risk band, colors red,black,green
Powers- DSL-Kun/tan are very fast they run at excess speeds of 1,000 miles per second and faster. They can download information at incredible speeds.

C-Chan

Fufufu,... thanks, although you make it sound like I drew that.  ^^'
Granted I can draw in that style, but Ad-Aware-tan was clearly drawn by someone else some years ago.  Just happens to have been in the Gallery (in the "Others" section).
Most of my OS-tans are in the "Vintage" section.  -v-

Also, just to clarify to everyone, Spysweeper's DSL-tan actually refers to "DSL" the internet connection (stands for "Digital subscriber line"), not DSL-tan the Linux distros (stands for "Damn Small Linux").  That particular "DSL-tan" was drawn by Aurora and is particularly cute and tiny (smaller than Windows CE).  -v-

BTW, kudos to making the -tan and -kun identical -- it's always a pleasure to see when artists don't make girls smaller and weaker than their male counterparts.  ^__^
Though as far as the nationality goes, may not fly for long since Japan has a reliable fiber optic network.  So I hear, anyway.... -v-

Spysweeper

Thanks for that C-chan your the best I just need someone to draw my ideas I good ideas but poor drawing skills I envy those with such talents.

C-Chan

Quote from: "Spysweeper"Thanks for that C-chan your the best I just need someone to draw my ideas I good ideas but poor drawing skills I envy those with such talents.

There shouldn't be any need to envy anyone.  I'm no artist either and definitely can't draw freehand to save my life.  But using vector graphics and sticking to an efficient art format (in this case, the Japanese Anime cel-shading style), I can slowly "sculpt" the images to match the idea I have in my head.

Not sure if you've seen all of my work, but all the OS-tans in my signature were drawn... or should I say "sculpted" by me.  -v-

It should never be an issue of talent when there's a will and a way.  

If there's ever an issue to consider, it's time.  If you don't have time to draw or sculpt or whatever, THEN (and only then) will I admit there's no hope.  ^^'

In any case, what OS and machine are you using?

Consider the program I use to draw my characters.  It's free and works on various platforms, although it was primarily designed for Linux:

http://www.inkscape.org/

It's also relatively easy to use, although some initial coaching may be required.  In any case, I'm always around to help, especially when it involves creating new -tans.  ^__^

Spysweeper

I was just joking about the envy thing and thanks for the link i'll try it out but I might actually pay a artist to have them draw a commesion for me or something.

C-Chan

In that case, hope you get a good one cause it never really is the same when you get it commissioned.  ^^;
Plus you'll miss out on the self-satisfaction of accomplishment.  -v-

In any event, give Inkscape a whirl.  ^__^
It's not drawing per se, but the techniques are very useful for a much wider variety of fields, from games to Flash applets to MS Word clipart to presentations at work/school.

Spysweeper

Ok i'll give it a whirl before having someone else draw my stuff.

Spysweeper

I have some one AIM-kun and Tan MSN messager Kun and tan

These gays and girls are nothing but talk they can talk the talk but not walk the walk and when they speak they make the sounds they the instant messagers. Like for Aim kun and tan when they are finised with a sentance they will make the sound that aim makes the same for msn messager.

Spysweeper

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Good ideas!

And also I've made an AOL-tan and she's a lot like your AIM and MSN characters (but is a MEGA chatterbox who is bad at sorting email and blocking spam- sometimes even getting them mixed up!) but I wonder how they'd all get along-- or be rivals! But if rivals, that would all be one interesting rivalry! I could picture all them fighting to see who delivers the message to the OS-tans first!

And for the reference, here's what she looks like!

And in zerOSanity (my OS-tan fancomic), she swings by on a rope, delivering her messages Tarzan-style while saying her catchphrase "You've got mail!" :D

nice pics  I like your ideas too

C-Chan

Oh yeah, Aurora's done a lot of fresh and original new OS-tans (and some App-tans).  Also does some very cute fanart.  ^__^

These two in particular hold a very special place in my heart.  I'll give you a cookie if you can guess why... -v-