FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanaryTan

BEHOLD.

RISSA FROM UBUNCHU.
(yes, I'm still obsessing over it)

I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Aurora Borealis

@Gussy: I'm guessing there's some sort of Touhou reference involved. Not familiar with it in the least bit, but I'm glad to see you back again and posting up art! :)

@Viper: Your character designs are really cool! Is she a character of yours?

@Bella: Panty and Stocking look so adorable in your art style! And thank yoooou! Chibi!Katt looks sassy and confident, and since she's in her student president campaign costume, looks like she's ready to pwn Ima in the elections-- oh wait! Bwahahahaha!

@Canary: Looks very cute! I'm a fan of Ubunchu too, it's too bad I've never got to drawing any fanart.

Chocofreak13

ty bells ;v; i saved it ;v;
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Thought I'd post this, an ambitious drawing I just finished:

from L-R: UMES, GMOS, IBSYS, BESYS. Four of the earliest OSes made.

Chocofreak13

how pretty! as i'm not completely up to speed on this sort of thing, how old are they? :3 (and is it just the os, or the hardware too? :\)
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

All of them are deceased, but their OSes are from the 1950's, which they mostly represent.

Bella

Glad you like the artz Kari, Aurora. <3

Looks spectacular Aurora! Of course the ladies look very pretty, but there's also something really special going on with the shading and colouring... you've managed to make bright, airy and harmonious, the sort of thing I could look at all day. *__*

IBSYS is still alive under emulated systems... http://www.cozx.com/~dpitts/ibm7090.html

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I'll still need to touch this up before submitting it to DA- Didn't realize 'till now that the chair in the bg is lopsided. x_x

Coloring this was a challenge, but it was fun trying to replicate that watercolory, shoujo manga look, and mess around some with using shadows and highlights of different hues.

Neat find- I didn't know IBSYS was still alive in some form, or brought back from the dead, whatever the case is. What do you think her whereabouts would be?

Chocofreak13

it's still an interesting concept of how we consider a -tan/-kun "alive" or "dead". either way, crooked chair or not, aurora, the picture still looks nice. :3
click to make it bigger

ViperXtreme

@Aurora Borealis: thanks and ye, an OC, supposed to be the successor of my 9600GT "tan" (one of the characters on the comic im workin on)

Unlike 9600GT, i design the new one a bit more like the actual hardware. She is also smaller/shorter physically. Her personality is also more of a bit "tsundere" like because of her actual model.

Was planning to introduce her during the Win7 comic progression but my severe procrastination has been affecting me lately...

some quick drawing of the body...

based from:

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on March 10, 2011, 06:29:05 PM
Thanks! I'll still need to touch this up before submitting it to DA- Didn't realize 'till now that the chair in the bg is lopsided. x_x

Coloring this was a challenge, but it was fun trying to replicate that watercolory, shoujo manga look, and mess around some with using shadows and highlights of different hues.

Neat find- I didn't know IBSYS was still alive in some form, or brought back from the dead, whatever the case is. What do you think her whereabouts would be?

Minor mistakes considered, you still did an excellent job of it! I've been trying to experiment with using variable hues for shading + highlighting too.

I don't know if IBSYS-tan is alive or not... : \

stewartsage

IBSYS is dead I thought.... but available in force ghost form for consultation by her descendants.  But not OS/360, NEVER OS/360.

Chocofreak13

this is taking alot of guts...

after getting my first how to draw manga book at a book fair, i made this:

to show how i've improved:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/Chocofreak13/watercolormage.jpg

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

That's a great amount of improvement! How old is that first pic?

Love the colorful buildings and composition in the second pic. :D

Krizonar

watercolor?
...oh god /scary flashback