little help?

Started by Chocofreak13, March 02, 2011, 03:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i was hoping to get this for my birthday, but i just realized that i won't be able to use it, since i only have IDE drives. this is what i'm using now, and i'd keep using it, if it weren't for the fact that the power cable is breaking. (i was a tad careless with it, and the stress cage broke, causing the individual cables to begin to separate from the pack.) because of this, i wanted to go with the first one (since a brick is harder to break than a pack of cables), but since i only have IDE drives, i can't. what i'm asking from you guys is help in finding an IDE adapter that isn't just a small plug on a cable (the majority of them are). as long as it's sturdier than what i have now, idc about much else, although one with multiple ports would be appriciated if it exists.

sorry to ask, but if you guys would be willing to help search, i'd really appriciate it. ^^
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

...aren't SATA drives pretty much dirt cheap these days anyway?

I'm clueless on this, since I run all external USB/laptop internals...meh. I dunno? I'd say wish for a new sata drive instead and transfer shit.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

red helped me find one anyway. and the only SATA drive i had was broken. :\

the only drive i intend to pay for is a backup drive, as it'd have to be at least 250gb, probably more now that i'm considering turning my old music drive into an anime drive. :\
click to make it bigger