Translation Thread

Started by NewYinzer, August 06, 2006, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "NewYinzer"I have seen that comic before! It was on Waka a few days ago. Anyway, good job translating!

Hehe...I'm trying to keep the forums a bit different from your average forum. A "normal" forum would sound a little like this:

W9GFO: yo homies where can i get some pr0n?

GQ: me too

W9GFO: did you see that rab episode yesterday? funniest sh*t ever

GQ: wtf?

W9GFO: dis is off da shizzle

LM: wazzup?

GQ: nuthin

W9GFO: where can i get meh pr0n?

GQ: go here: www.**********.com

W9GFO: thanks dude how do i get spyware off?

LM: hit computer with hamemr

Sadly, one of the forums I used to go to degenerated into something like that ;__;

C-Chan

Anyway, time for another update on the Mac Manga Translation Project.  ^__^

Took my own advice and skipped Page 1 for now.  Page 2 text was also fairly indecipherable, but not as bad as with Page 1.  Except for a few bumps, have a much better idea of what is actually being said.  ^__^

Just need to await Pitkin or Codi-san authorization before editing the text bubbles.  ^____^

[Note: I'm assuming the young girl is slurring her words a bit.  Plus, not sure anymore if she's actually Tempo-chan or not.

”Kacha”[Sound of door opening]

ねえねえ
「Toï½"hiaki」ひー
「Toï½"hiaki]ひー

Ne- ne-...
[Toshiaki]-hi-
[Toshiaki]-hi-

"Heey heey...!"
"Toshyaki, Toshyaki!"

マã,¸ã,«ã€ãˆã¨

MAJIKA, eto...

[Not sure]

=============

まみã,,
モデルさã,"
ã,,,、てみたã,,ー

Mamimo
MODERUsan
yatte mitai-

"Who'dya ujin as yur Model?"

ねーねー
ねー、てばー

Ne- ne-
Ne- teba-

"Tell me, pweeze, pweeze, pweeze?"

================

ã,ˆãƒ¼ã—、じã,ƒã,
気分転換に
一枚措くかな

Yoshi! jaa!
Kibuntenkan!
Ichimai oku kana!

"Okay! I got it!
Change of plans!
Just this once I'll draw you!"

ã,,,、たー
「Toï½"hiaki]ひー 大好きー!!

Yatta!!
[Toshiaki]-hi- daisuki!!

"YAAAAAAY!!!
Toshyaki! Luv ya!!"

========================

とã,Šã,えず
服ã,'
è,,±ã"うか

Toriaezu,
huku o
nugouka.

"First of all, take off your clothes."

はã,,

Hai!

"Riiiiiight!"

=============

「Toï½"hiaki」さã,"
ç´...茶ã,' お持ち
しましã€,ã€,ã€,

[Toshiaki]-san
Koucha o omochi
shimashi... ...

"Toshiaki-san, I brought you a spot of black... tea....."

==================

ã,ã€,ã€,ã€,ã€,

aa....

"Uh...."

”ã,¬ãƒƒãƒ¤ãƒ³â€ [sound of nervous wobble]

==================

ちã,‡ã€å¾...
ã"ã,Œã¯ã€€èª¤è§£

Cho,.. machi!
korewa gokai...

"Wai-- Wait a sec!
This isn't what it looks like!!"

========================

問ç­" ç,,¡ç"¨
ですã,ï¼ï¼ï¼

Mondou muyou
desu wa!!!

"No more useless excuses!!!"

===================

何にう
行きましã,‡

Nani o...
Ikimasho.

"Well really..."
"Let's go."

Pitkin

Quote from: "C-Chan"

”Kacha” [Sound of door opening]

ねえねえ
「Toï½"hiaki」ひー
「Toï½"hiaki]ひー

Ne- ne-...
[Toshiaki]-hi-
[Toshiaki]-hi-

"Heey heey...!"
"Toshyaki, Toshyaki!"

マã,¸ã,«ã€ãˆã¨

MAJIKA, eto...

[Not sure]

=============

'Maji ka?' can be translated as something like, 'for real?', or 'I don't believe it (in the sense of 'I can't believe this happens to me!'), if I'm not mistaken. 'Eto' is just 'uhh...', 'err...', 'umm...' or such. If the male character's often interrupted when working/drawing, maybe he's showing some frustration like 'why do they bother me all the time...', but I don't know if I can come up with anything awesome for that purpose. ^^;

まみã,,
モデルさã,"
ã,,,、てみたã,,ー

Mamimo
MODERUsan
yatte mitai-

"Who'dya ujin as yur Model?"

Could it be that the little girl's (girl? Boy? I can't tell) name is 'Mami'? That way it'd translate quite well into, 'Mami also wants to model!' or 'Mami wants to be a model too!' (Or literally, 'Mami wants to try doing modeling too!', if I've understood the verb correctly.)

ねーねー
ねー、てばー

Ne- ne-
Ne- teba-

"Tell me, pweeze, pweeze, pweeze?"

================

Again, if I continue from my version of the earlier lines, this one would be just the 'Pweeze, pweeze?', maybe with some 'I wannas' thrown in too. :D

At this point I want to make it known that I'm not sure if my translation is any more accurate than C-Chan's original. Just my hunch at use... ^^;

ã,ˆãƒ¼ã—、じã,ƒã,
気分転換に
一枚措くかな

Yoshi! jaa!
Kibuntenkan!
Ichimai oku kana!

"Okay!  I got it!
Change of plans!
Just this once I'll draw you!"

ã,,,、たー
「Toï½"hiaki]ひー 大好きー!!

Yatta!!
[Toshiaki]-hi- daisuki!!

"YAAAAAAY!!!
Toshyaki! Luv ya!!"

========================

Nothing to add. This was difficult for me to phrase, and the thought seems to be there. ^^

とã,Šã,えず
服ã,'
è,,±ã"うか

Toriaezu,
huku o
nugouka.

"First of all, take off your clothes."

はã,,

Hai!

"Riiiiiight!"

Perfect. Toriaezu can also be translated as, 'for now', but C-Chan's translation is better.

「Toï½"hiaki」さã,"
ç´...茶ã,' お持ち
しましã€,ã€,ã€,

[Toshiaki]-san
Koucha o omochi
shimashi... ...

"Toshiaki-san, I brought you a spot of black... tea....."

Perfect. :D

ã,ã€,ã€,ã€,ã€,

aa....

"Uh...."

”ã,¬ãƒƒãƒ¤ãƒ³â€Â [sound of nervous wobble]

Perfect.

ちã,‡ã€å¾...
ã"ã,Œã¯ã€€èª¤è§£

Cho,.. machi!
korewa gokai...

"Wai--  Wait a sec!
This isn't what it looks like!!"

========================

Yes, perfect. Misunderstanding desu yo. ^o^

問ç­" ç,,¡ç"¨
ですã,ï¼ï¼ï¼

Mondou muyou
desu wa!!!

"No more useless excuses!!!"

Very nice. :D I would've written, 'Explanations are futile!!!', but I love the way you put it. ^^

何にう
行きましã,‡

Nani o...
Ikimasho.

"Well really..."
"Let's go."

'Can't believe it...' could be another alternative for the 'Well really...', but no real complaints. ^^

C-Chan's translation was splendid, good work! ^o^

C-Chan

ã,,,、たー
「Pitkin]ひー 大好きー!! ^v^

Indeed a few bumps, but I guess it wasn't too shabby for a beginner.  
My confidence level is building now....  ^__^

I'll do the editing tonight then.  Given my time constraints, unless the manga panel is particularly small, I'll probably break it up like that: one day to translate, the next to write it all in.  -v-

Quote'Maji ka?' can be translated as something like, 'for real?', or 'I don't believe it (in the sense of 'I can't believe this happens to me!'), if I'm not mistaken. 'Eto' is just 'uhh...', 'err...', 'umm...' or such. If the male character's often interrupted when working/drawing, maybe he's showing some frustration like 'why do they bother me all the time...', but I don't know if I can come up with anything awesome for that purpose. ^^;

I'm thinking "You've gotta be kiddin' me...", which given the situation would actually second as a pun.  ^^'

"Aw sh*t" would be shorter, but methinks Toshiaki is only a pervert, not a foul-mouthed.  ^__^

QuoteCould it be that the little girl's (girl? Boy? I can't tell) name is 'Mami'? That way it'd translate quite well into, 'Mami also wants to model!' or 'Mami wants to be a model too!' (Or literally, 'Mami wants to try doing modeling too!', if I've understood the verb correctly.)

I was confused myself since I read somewhere that she was OS8 Tempo-tan.  Likely that it is a girl; otherwise, Sonata-san's reaction to the undressing part might not have been as extreme.  ^^;

I originally thought she was slurring "Nani o" or something, but if her name is "Mami" then it begs to wonder who she's supposed to be.  Some random character or an actual Mac component?  '__'

Hmmm,.... -__-

*ponders*

*stares at Aurora and Alfamille*

QuoteAgain, if I continue from my version of the earlier lines, this one would be just the 'Pweeze, pweeze?', maybe with some 'I wannas' thrown in too.  

At this point I want to make it known that I'm not sure if my translation is any more accurate than C-Chan's original. Just my hunch at use... ^^;

Well no, I think I would lean more towards yours, just cause I wasn't 100% sure this was a question.  (I didn't see any "-ka" anywhere).  ^__^

QuoteNothing to add. This was difficult for me to phrase, and the thought seems to be there. ^^

Okey-doke.  ^__^
I'll see about ironing out his sentence structure, since it feels a little strange.  Maybe some more informality, since he is just an average perverted joe.  ^^

QuotePerfect. Toriaezu can also be translated as, 'for now', but C-Chan's translation is better.

*squeals*  Thank you!  ^__^

I'll change that to "First off" during the edits.  Again, the whole informality thing.

I believe dubbers frequently replace "Haaaaai!" with "Riiiiight!" since it's the only thing that would sound halfway decent in English ("Yeeeeeees" doesn't carry the same melodic inflection and "Aaaaaai" sounds too Irish... ^v^;).  
Not sure if this is a well-loved practice, but at this point there's little else we can do.  ^^;

QuotePerfect.  

*squeals again*  Thank you again!  ^v^
Sonata-san strikes me as the classy-type -- in any case, the only real way to translate all her embellishments (desu wa) is to just add some embellishments of my own (spot of...)

QuotePerfect.

Well okay, this one's overdone.  -v-'

Anyone who's watched Azumanga could've gotten that.  ^^;

QuoteYes, perfect. Misunderstanding desu yo. ^o^

Yep, but definitely figured misunderstanding wasn't informal enough.  ^__^
Also considered "This isn't what you think".

I'll see what comes out of the Cutting Room Floor...  -v-

QuoteVery nice.  I would've written, 'Explanations are futile!!!', but I love the way you put it. ^^

I might just go with yours, since it's shorter ("useless excuses" is something of a tongue twister) and it seconds as a reference to "Resistance is futile!" -- just the right thing to say before you beat the crap out of someone.  ^____^;

Both sound awkward, though,... but then she is the classy-type, so you have to kinda keep things complicated.  If this were Mac OS[X]-tan on the other hand, you can count on some liberal amounts of obscenities.  ^v^;

Quote'Can't believe it...' could be another alternative for the 'Well really...', but no real complaints. ^^

C-Chan's translation was splendid, good work! ^o^

Unfortunately in that panel I'm limited in space, but I'll see what I can do.  -v-

Anyway, thank you Pitkin for helping me out.  ^___^

Now we're officially in the translation business!  ^v^

C-Chan

Shoot and a half.... So much for "done by tonight".... -v-
(sorry, got caught up with torrents and stuff)

Tomorrow it is, then....  ^___^

C-Chan

Awww... no one else posted anything.  *sadness*  ;__;

Well, hopefully this will draw the masses.... -v-

Or at least Alfamille.  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

HA HA HA! Toshiaki got PWNED! And "EXCUSES ARE FUTILE!!!" is an awesome line! :D

But do I dare ask or consider what Mami's prison collar could be for?

C-Chan

Hehe... I was wondering that myself, but figured it'd be safer if I didn't touch that one with a 6-foot pole.  ^^;

"EXCUSES ARE FUTILE" was actually a compromise between Pitkin's suggestion and my own, and so far it seems to be working.  ^_____^'

NewYinzer

Excuses Are Futile!

Hehe...great line! I think I'll use that someday...

C-Chan

Someday?
Use it now!
Excuses are futile!!! ;^0^;

...Hehe... -v-

Anyway, time to move on to the next one.  
Looked simpler, but actually turned out to be MUCH harder than I thought.  Will desperately need Pitkin-dono's input on this one.  -v-

======================
======================

つき合って
ã,,ただã'ã,‹ãªã,"て
本å½"心かã,‰æ,,Ÿè¬
ã,,たしますã,

Tsuki atte
itadakeru nante
Honï½"ou kokorokara kansha
Itashimasu wa

=====================

ã,,ã,,,ã,、俺ã,,丁度
新しã,,方法ã,'
探してã,,たトã,³
ですかã,‰

Iyaa, Oï½'ï½... mo chouï½,,o
atarashii  houhou o
saguï½"hiï½"ï½... ita TOCO
desukara

=====================

新しã,,
方法?

atarashii
houhou?

=====================

ã,,え、
お気になさã,‰ãš

Iï½...,
O-kininaï½"aï½'azu

======================

ã"、ã"の
強烈な快æ,,Ÿ
たまã,‰ã,"

ko,kono
kyouretsu na kaikan!
tamaran!!

======================

ドãƒ"ュã,·

"DOBYUSHI" [sound of something squirting?]

======================

ã€,ã€,ã€,えã€,ã€,ã€,
ã"ã,Œã¯ã€,ã€,ã€,
何?  ã€,ã€,ã€,え?

...e...
kore wa...
nan? ...e?

======================
======================

I'm guessing its using some cultural references, hence the reason why something things don't sound familiar at all ("Toco?", "Tamaran?").

Won't try a guessed translation, but the gist of it all seems like this:

Sonata is complimenting the creepy see-through guy for his wonderful pose work.

See-Through Guy is saying something about trying out a new technique.

Sonata is wondering what this new technique is.

See-Through Guy is saying how much it's on his mind.

See-Through Guy has a bout of passion, where he professes his love for this very pleasant thing.  ("Tamaran" is a doushinji, but it could also be half-a-million other things)

Sonata is apparently awed by the enthusiasm.
(Or wondering what the heck she's covered in.)  -v-;

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"

QuoteCould it be that the little girl's (girl? Boy? I can't tell) name is 'Mami'? That way it'd translate quite well into, 'Mami also wants to model!' or 'Mami wants to be a model too!' (Or literally, 'Mami wants to try doing modeling too!', if I've understood the verb correctly.)

I was confused myself since I read somewhere that she was OS8 Tempo-tan.  Likely that it is a girl; otherwise, Sonata-san's reaction to the undressing part might not have been as extreme.  ^^;

I originally thought she was slurring "Nani o" or something, but if her name is "Mami" then it begs to wonder who she's supposed to be.  Some random character or an actual Mac component?  '__'

Hmmm,.... -__-

*ponders*

*stares at Aurora and Alfamille*

First off, thanks a lot on those translators for their efforts translating the Mac manga...

I believe "Mami" is a japanese name of a girl. Although the wierd thing is, if she is not a Mac-tan.....how come she does have an apple logo on her shirt? And what's up with those chains around her neck...

Like you, this is very confusing to me. But what if maybe Tempo-chan decided herself to be called "Mami" since some girls at a very young age like to be called in on other names (which is also normal to a child's innocence). The character only showed once in the manga. I'm still not very sure, but still there is 80% chance that she is Tempo-tan.

C-Chan

QuoteFirst off, thanks a lot on those translators for their efforts translating the Mac manga...

Which till now includes only Pitkin and I.  Who's up for a little help?  ^___^
*eyes Codi-san, wherever she may be*

Quotebelieve "Mami" is a japanese name of a girl. Although the wierd thing is, if she is not a Mac-tan.....how come she does have an apple logo on her shirt? And what's up with those chains around her neck...

Eek!  @__@
If that stumps a professional Mac user, we're screwed.  ^^'
We might as well give up and call her the mystery girl.  ^v^

QuoteLike you, this is very confusing to me. But what if maybe Tempo-chan decided herself to be called "Mami" since some girls at a very young age like to be called in on other names (which is also normal to a child's innocence). The character only showed once in the manga. I'm still not very sure, but still there is 80% chance that she is Tempo-tan.

Hmmm,... kinda sounds like a streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.....  Ã,¬___Ã,¬'
But at this point we really have no choice.  -___-
Her chances are more 50%/50%, but I guess that's enough for me to call her Tempo-chan.  Ã,¬.Ã,¬

Later on more kids appear, whose identity is also a mystery, so I wonder what we'll make of those....  -___-'

C-Chan

Oh right, forgot to post this here.  ^__^

Page 4 is ready!  ^v^

Page 4 - Translated

Page 5 translation is in progress!  ^___^

Sorry about the URL link, but the image isn't exactly G-rated.  ^___^;

NewYinzer

Since when has anything been G-Rated in the Mac Manga?

C-Chan

Hehe,... well, you know what I'm getting at.  ^___^;

Page 5 floats the same boat, so I'll have to link it as well.  ^__^;

But the comic page that Fedora-dono will set up will surely be wild and uncensored.  -v-;