Translation Thread

Started by NewYinzer, August 06, 2006, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

ZOMG! Some of the other Mac comics are quite...

...perverted! Anyway, keep up the good work!

*thinks*

Wow...I've been posting a lot! And to think I found out about the OS-tans in May 2006!

rdhdtwns

Pitkin!!

I got it translated.

MAC祭ã,Šã¾ãŸä¸ç™º
爆弾ã,,不発

The Mac matsuri is again a misfire.
The bomb is also a misfire.

不発 = misfire.. that was the only translation i could find in the dictionary. .-.;;
So cute it\'s deadly!

C-Chan

QuoteZOMG! Some of the other Mac comics are quite...

...perverted! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Keh!  You ain't seen the half of it!  ^__^'
[or maybe you have, which is why you said that.... -v-]

Anyway, now you see why I'd love to bring the Mac Manga to the masses!  ^v^

QuotePitkin!!

I got it translated.

MAC祭ã,Šã¾ãŸä¸ç™º
爆弾ã,,不発

The Mac matsuri is again a misfire.
The bomb is also a misfire.

不発 = misfire.. that was the only translation i could find in the dictionary. .-.;;

YAY!  It's Codi-san!  ^V^

That's from one of the pics at the gallery, right?

Translation sounds about right (poor Mac-chans can't get their festival.  ^^')

And in case anyone is interested,...

MAC祭ã,Šã¾ãŸä¸ç™º  

Likely sounds like this:

MAC matsuri mata fuhatsu

Anyway, this is the last bit of work I can invest in the Mac Manga until about a week later.

Page 1 is not only full of kana/kanji, but the artist's handwriting seems less than average.  ^^;
Before we can even begin to translate, we have to know what's being WRITTEN first.  

I tried my best annotating the text, but without proper recognition of complicated kanji and with this dismal handwriting, I could only go so far.  My Xubuntu machine has some really good Japanese language apps that were of big help (especially KanjiPad), but again would've definitely helped if the writing were legible.  ^^;

Here goes nothing....  -___-

Toshiaki [Panel 1]:
9姉さã,"
ちã,‡ã¨
お願ã,,が
ã,ã,‹ã,"だ
ã'ど

Sonata [Panel 2]:
ã,ã,‰
[blank]さã,"

Sonata [Panel 2]:
ヌードモデルですか?
ええ芸è¡"のたã,
ですã,,の[unknown - 膏?]ã,"で
させてã,,ただきますã,

Sonata [Panel 3]:
すぐ[unknown - 浮標?]ã,,たします
かã,‰æŒã¦ã,,くださã,,ね
そã,Œã«ã—てã,,[blank]さã,"かã,‰
モデルのお願ã,,だなã,"て
ã,,,、と芸è¡"のすばã,‰ã—さã,'
[unknown - 介?]か、てã,,ただã'たのですね

Sonata [Panel 3 lower]:
美しã,,絵はそã,Œã,'
見たã,"お心ã,'ã,,
美しくしてくã,Œã,‹
ã,,のです
また絵ã,'[unknown]くと
ã,,う二とã,,...

Sonata [Panel 4]:
...[blank]さã,"
é–"ã,,てã,‰ã˜ã,,
ますの?

Toshiaki [Panel 5 onomatopoeia]:
”ポã,¿ã€ãƒã,¿â€

Sonata [Panel 6]:
... ... ...
... ... ?!

Sonata [Panel 7]:
フã,±ãƒ,,
ですã,ï¼ï¼

Sonata [Panel 7 mumbling]:
またく
そしたã,³ãƒˆ
だã,ã†ã¦...

C-Chan added the following  5 minutes after last message :

Gist of it is that Toshiaki is asking to draw Sonata-san, she agrees if its done in the nude, and begins rambling on about either a) how beautiful she'd look or b) how much of an expert she is with nude modelling, or c) all of the above.
Before wondering how gorgeous the painting would look like, she seems to realize that Toshiaki isn't saying anything.  Realizing he's being a pervert again, she beats the crap out of him and storms off muttering in disgust.

NewYinzer

You know, this reminds me of...

*represses urge to compare everything to Love Hina*

...a certain scene from...

*tries really hard not to compare everything ecchi to Love Hina*

...a very funny Anime show I was watching...

*resolve begins to weaken*

...I can't quite remember the name...

*starts shaking*

...but it was ecchi, and was called...

*resolve breaks down*

...Mahoromatic! Bet ya didn't see that one coming!

*starts laughing*

Do you see the picture of Steve Wozniak in the background?

C-Chan

BWAHAHAHA!!  Kinda figured that was him, but wasn't too sure.  ^__^

Is that his face on this portrait too....?

Aurora Borealis

No, that one is Steve Jobs

C-Chan

Takes a Mac fan to know a Mac fan.... -v-'

*puts on dunce hat*

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : Aurora Borealis

No, that one is Steve Jobs

And the one on the right standing with a very good suit is you know who.... :P

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Gist of it is that Toshiaki is asking to draw Sonata-san, she agrees if its done in the nude, and begins rambling on about either a) how beautiful she'd look or b) how much of an expert she is with nude modelling, or c) all of the above.
Before wondering how gorgeous the painting would look like, she seems to realize that Toshiaki isn't saying anything.  Realizing he's being a pervert again, she beats the crap out of him and storms off muttering in disgust.

XD AHAHAHA~! ThAt's why I love the 4koma! Best OStan 4koma ever! (on obvious reasons!)  ;010

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Yep, definitely stagnant.  ^^'

Oh well, when you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.  -v-

Probably getting ahead of myself since I'll be drop-dead busy for the next week or so.  But I definitely want to start now, at least with the Mac Manga title page:

After the 20th, I'll try to give page 1 a shot....

Wish granted to give a shot at Waka... http://wakachan.org/os/src/1163409738207.jpg

thanks for this a lot!  ;010

I didn't know you can upload pics w/o registration on Waka :(

Pitkin

The comic at hand right now looks pretty difficult, but I'll take a look at it, in case I could get something out of it; seeing C-Chan's good summary of the main idea, though, I believe my potential translation will only awkwardness into the spoken lines. ^^;

C-Chan

QuoteAnd the one on the right standing with a very good suit is you know who.... :P

*squints*  Dear GAWDS!  @o@
So OS9-kun looks innocent and a good boy and stuff, but is, in actuality, a Mafioso!  ^v^

QuoteXD AHAHAHA~! ThAt's why I love the 4koma! Best OStan 4koma ever! (on obvious reasons!)  

Hehe,... well I'm no Mac user, but also consider them to have the best 4Koma.  Well drawn and outrageously funny, and also perverted enough to cater to the perverts.  ^___^'
Love the character designs for OS9 and OSx-tan.

QuoteWish granted to give a shot at Waka... http://wakachan.org/os/src/1163409738207.jpg

thanks for this a lot!  

I didn't know you can upload pics w/o registration on Waka

Huh, you didn't know that?
Eons ago, I was inches away from uploading my first Amiga pic (without registering), but thanks to I-forget-which-pic, I saw first hand how easily their "Toshiakis" slaughtered pics that weren't to their liking.  So that (and a few other incidents since then) is what turned me off from their board completely, but as I clarified before on Topicless, feel free to put stuff their if you want to.

I don't care if they make fun of my translation, since I know it's bad.  But promise me you'll kick their butts if they start making fun of how I drew in the words....  `v'

QuoteThe comic at hand right now looks pretty difficult, but I'll take a look at it, in case I could get something out of it; seeing C-Chan's good summary of the main idea, though, I believe my potential translation will only awkwardness into the spoken lines. ^^;

No problem and thank you Pitkin.  ^__^
However, if it really is hard, we can always forget about it and switch to Page 2 which is simpler.  -v-

Japanese lessons are going, so I might be able to provide passable reinforcement when I return.  ^__^

NewYinzer

*727-200 appears out of nowhere, does a flyover of the forums*

November Yankee Fower Fife Ate Niner Checking In, VFR On Top.

*jetblast*

It looks like the Mac Manga is going well. This crazy thread which I founded has finally lived up to my original vision, even though I did not do any translating. The admins seemed to have cleaned up the forums, which I find is a good thing. I'm currently trying to get through the last pile of work before the end of the trimester. Expect posting to pick up around thanksgiving.

NewYinzer Out.

*jetblast*

C-Chan

QuoteIt looks like the Mac Manga is going well. This crazy thread which I founded has finally lived up to my original vision, even though I did not do any translating. The admins seemed to have cleaned up the forums, which I find is a good thing. I'm currently trying to get through the last pile of work before the end of the trimester. Expect posting to pick up around thanksgiving.

Bwahaha!  ^v^
If not for the super-ultra-kawaii DR-DOS AVI that Kildall-san would approve and I will worship you for, I could almost swear all this flying around makes you look like James Bond....  Or Di Caprio in that aviator movie... thingie.... Ã,¬ï¼¿Ã,¬  

But yeah, I guess I accidentally got involved in this thread quite a bit.  Translating manga is good practice for Japanese learning -- I've see the kanji for "watashi"ãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Ë†Ã§Â§ÂÃ¯Â¼â€°
and "nan" (何) so often now that they're becoming second-hand.  -v-'

Before I restarted work on the Mac Manga, I figured a little warm-up after a one-week hiatus was in order.  Check out them apples... or should I say, 'them Windows'....

Should look familiar if you've been at Waka or Niijura lately....  -v-

Not that I can verify if this is an honest-to-goodness translation, but that's what Pitkin-san and Codi-san are here for.  ^__^

The original for comparison is at Waka or Niijura -- I'd direct link, but not sure if it'll work.  -v-

NewYinzer

I have seen that comic before! It was on Waka a few days ago. Anyway, good job translating!

QuoteBwahaha! ^v^
If not for the super-ultra-kawaii DR-DOS AVI that Kildall-san would approve and I will worship you for, I could almost swear all this flying around makes you look like James Bond.... Or Di Caprio in that aviator movie... thingie.... ¬_¬

Hehe...I'm trying to keep the forums a bit different from your average forum. A "normal" forum would sound a little like this:

W9GFO: yo homies where can i get some pr0n?

GQ: me too

W9GFO: did you see that rab episode yesterday? funniest sh*t ever

GQ: wtf?

W9GFO: dis is off da shizzle

LM: wazzup?

GQ: nuthin

W9GFO: where can i get meh pr0n?

GQ: go here: www.**********.com

W9GFO: thanks dude how do i get spyware off?

LM: hit computer with hamemr

C-Chan

QuoteI have seen that comic before! It was on Waka a few days ago. Anyway, good job translating!

Thank yinz.  ^__^
Posted it up on Wak as well, just to make sure know one here assumes I'm trying to bar them from posting there.  -v-

Doubt anything will come of it, though, but oh well at least I did my part.... -v-

QuoteLM: hit computer with hamemr
Yeah, I wish those particular types did that more often.  ^^;

Alfamille

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
Hehe...I'm trying to keep the forums a bit different from your average forum. A "normal" forum would sound a little like this:

W9GFO: yo homies where can i get some pr0n?

GQ: me too

W9GFO: did you see that rab episode yesterday? funniest sh*t ever

GQ: wtf?

W9GFO: dis is off da shizzle

LM: wazzup?

GQ: nuthin

W9GFO: where can i get meh pr0n?

GQ: go here: www.**********.com

W9GFO: thanks dude how do i get spyware off?

LM: hit computer with hamemr

"Word."  LOL! ;019  ;001  XD