Future Of Processors

Started by 11076ddz, November 08, 2010, 01:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11076ddz

i figure this is a interesting topic to talk about.

if you didn't know processor chips are reaching the limit of power. alot of economist and technicians say in the next couple years they will be unable to make a core faster. because the components are getting down to the atomic level. the only option for silicon chips is quantity they are up to i believe 32 core servers and intell released their 8 core consumer computer awhile back called the V8.

Alternative Cores:
Diamond:
everyone herd the bogus advertisement of diamond processes being the future cause u can run them hot enough to cook your meals on. for the small small price of a couple thousands. change you 5GHZ into 100GHZ.

Negative index of Refraction Core:
Negative index in the simplest terms is basically fiber optic version of a processor chip. taking our 5ghz consumer cores to a staggering 500000 GHZ. i was not able to find too much meaningful information especially since this technology is new and a couple decades away from use. and well theoretical

Quantum Spooky Matter Core:
its a concept Einstein hated information traveling faster than the speed of light. by entangling 2 atoms you can shoot information instantly. when u think about it and its only a guess, you can do infinite calculations at any given moment, time no longer being a issue.

Any Ideas or comments?

NejinOniwa

Well, for one, stop playing with physics like it's a toy, second, QUANTUMS. THEY ARE THE FUTURE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer
Or at least, that's what it seems like at the moment...personally I have a few prints in the works related to it, but nothing is above stage 3 at the moment, so it's not prioritized unless no suitable replacements show up within time.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

11076ddz

have u seen negative refraction index processors?
they defy reality and common sense.  ;010  

they say they will be here in the next decade or 2 if the idea is still viable.

basically it bends light without wires, on the atomic scale. basically a invisible chip! XD so far they have only done large scale tests they managed to bend red light and microwave, there is a small shadow being shown.

NejinOniwa

NRI is feasible, and not in the least illogical. The use predicted and experimented so far, however, is cloaking devices. Which is most definitely not a processor. At all.

11076ddz

but can u really deny the application a lot of scientist have been linking to the processor development as a spinoff?

stewartsage

While materials science isn't my field of expertise I have heard something about negative refraction.  More in the defense applications sense then computer science.  Can't really see it as a terribly valid potential application; a link to said scientists expressing such applications would be welcome.

11076ddz

the estimate processors running hz at 1,000,000x higher

Bella

Quote from: "SoulTaker916"have u seen negative refraction index processors?
they defy reality and common sense.  ;010  

they say they will be here in the next decade or 2 if the idea is still viable.

PROOF OR IT DIDN'T (of should I say, WON'T) HAPPEN.

11076ddz

i meant NEGATIVE INDEX OF REFLECTION DEFYS COMMON SENSE. they already achieved it. not processors.

NejinOniwa

Common sense is flawed. Human thought lacks capacity, so this is obvious.

11076ddz

its more like... math is incomplete and they have known this for while

NejinOniwa

A masked man was seen leaving the scene...

Chocofreak13

@____@;;;

to think, they might have achieved faster than light travel, personal holograms, virtual reality that encompasses all the senses, and instant computing within my lifetime. it boggles the mind.
click to make it bigger