Translation Thread

Started by NewYinzer, August 06, 2006, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

YAY!!  Thank you Pitkin-dono!  ^__^
A little booked at the moment, but will promise to transcribe your marvelous translation onto the comic when I get a chance!  ^v^

Don't worry about the other comic,.. we'll take it nice and easy, slowly but surely.  ^__^

NewYinzer, uh,....
Well, check Aurora's thread.  ^__^'
[essentially "thanks", but still had two left.  ^^;]

True Macs are expensive, but presumably the quality offsets it.  Still, Linux does beat it hands down, so you advocating it is perfect-enough for me.  ^v^

[Still wish Amiga were an option, though.....  -v-]

NewYinzer

QuoteNewYinzer, uh,....
Well, check Aurora's thread. ^__^'
[essentially "thanks", but still had two left. ^^;]

What did you mean? My pictures weren't uploaded to Wikipedia?
*gets in F-4*
To Wikipedia! And beyond that to Cupertino!
*flies off*
Several Hours Later...
*lands*
What's going on?
*gets out of F-4*
They appear to be uploaded and on the page. What's ze problem?

C-Chan

Hehe.... you didn't visit Aurora's thread, didn't ya?  ^__^

Ze problem is that I only posted 4 OSX-girls.  I am, in fact, making six of them.  ^^'
Uploaded the 5th one (tiger-sama) a few hours ago.  Leopard-sama will be ready soon.

So,... like I said,... double trip for you.  Or in this case, triple trip.  ^v^;

BTW, why are you using a vintage jet?  ^___^

NewYinzer

QuoteHehe.... you didn't visit Aurora's thread, didn't ya? ^__^

Oh dear...I guess I've got another trip to Wikipedia coming soon!

QuoteBTW, why are you using a vintage jet? ^___^

I has a nice look and feel to it. I'm using it for flight tests of the AWG-222 Missile, which is due to appear on the B4-K4 next year. As for the B4-K4, her last few flights have gone well and she'll be ready for combat by next year.

C-Chan

Hehe,... almost forgot to do Pitkin this favor...  ^^'

Well, enjoy!  ^v^

Pitkin

Wunderbar, C-Chan. You smoothened the crude spots on the translation, and now it's hilarious! ^o^

Aurora Borealis

HAHAHAHA! Those Mac-tan comics are awesome! I hope more of those get translated! :D

And I saw the updated Mac-tan roster in the Wikipedia article, but I don't think that OS 8-tan is a one-shot character anymore now that I've thought of a rendition for her too.

C-Chan

Thank you Pitkin.  ^__^
I know she says "ME-MO-RII", but figured "Memory" is too complex a word to say when you're growling like that.  ^v^
Hence the use of "RAM" instead.  ^.^

I know what you mean, Aurora, so next time Alfamille shows up you ask him.  Eventually I'll make Wiki icons for your Macs as well, so if there is an issue I can simply compromise on both OS8 designs as well.

If it's simple enough, I'd love to make the translation of that Mac comic into a separate project.  ^__^

I'm assuming this one's the cover:

Tried my hand on a crude translation before, but naturally a quick verification wouldn't hurt.  ^.^

Top left-hand corner: ANIME ba ket-tei (~"Decisive Anime", "Educational Anime"?)
Lower right: Masshi Manga (~"Kid's manga"?)
Lower left: Uso desu (~"Just kiddin'") ^___^'

NewYinzer

QuoteThank you Pitkin. ^__^
I know she says "ME-MO-RII", but figured "Memory" is too complex a word to say when you're growling like that. ^v^
Hence the use of "RAM" instead. ^.^

I know what you mean, Aurora, so next time Alfamille shows up you ask him. Eventually I'll make Wiki icons for your Macs as well, so if there is an issue I can simply compromise on both OS8 designs as well.

If it's simple enough, I'd love to make the translation of that Mac comic into a separate project. ^__^

Hehe...RAM! Great translation!
BTW, I hate to beg, but I think we need an image for OS8 of Wikipedia. Alfamille's uploaded a small image for her, but it would be best to have an "official" image.

C-Chan

I'll see what I can do, but I'm a bit booked with preparations for Youmacon... -__-

Still, I did manage to quickly "collage" the following Wiki icons:

...So I might be able to squeeze in a mini OS8 and eliminate the "one-shot" reference (which is bound to attract a purist or two.... ^^;).

Should still have the hat, but with a slightly older look.

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

BTW, know you're bucked completely, but if you do manage the time to upload these to Wiki, please add them as "Public Domain" since I did not draw any of them.  Probably best to reserve "GNU" for Wiki avis drawn from scratch.  ^__^

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Hehe,... almost forgot to do Pitkin this favor...  ^^'

Well, enjoy!  ^v^

THANK YOU! That's really a good start!  ;019  ;012  ;001

QuoteQuote from : NewYinzer

QuoteThank you Pitkin. ^__^
I know she says "ME-MO-RII", but figured "Memory" is too complex a word to say when you're growling like that. ^v^
Hence the use of "RAM" instead. ^.^

I know what you mean, Aurora, so next time Alfamille shows up you ask him. Eventually I'll make Wiki icons for your Macs as well, so if there is an issue I can simply compromise on both OS8 designs as well.

If it's simple enough, I'd love to make the translation of that Mac comic into a separate project. ^__^

Hehe...RAM! Great translation!
BTW, I hate to beg, but I think we need an image for OS8 of Wikipedia. Alfamille's uploaded a small image for her, but it would be best to have an "official" image.

I just wanted to clear that I like Aurora's rendition of OS8. But what I'm aware of is that I dont wanna have issues on those futaba traditionalist...

I mean I'm sure some of them won't even believe there is an OS8-tan, but of course I gave a link where to find that original OS8-tan. Now if I quickly replace it with Aurora's version, those people will bring up comments like "this isn't included in the original version!...or this isn't included in the old  mac storage warehouse!".  

It's a fact that some of those purist and traditionalist doesn't recognize the international artist around the web who only wish to fill a girl mascot in each OS and give life to it...:(

#$%! Wait I have an idea!......why not put Aurora's version of OS8-tan on the right side!  ;012  ;001

C-Chan

QuoteTHANK YOU! That's really a good start!   Smile at army !

You're welcome, Alfamille.  ^^

When I return from Youmacon and other matters of business, I'll speak with Pitkin about starting an official translation project for the Mac comic.  Exposure to that comic will surely boost people's opinion about the Mac-tans.  (not saying that everyone's a pervert, but,.. you know... hehe... -v-')

QuoteI just wanted to clear that I like Aurora's rendition of OS8. But what I'm aware of is that I dont wanna have issues on those futaba traditionalist...

I mean I'm sure some of them won't even believe there is an OS8-tan, but of course I gave a link where to find that original OS8-tan. Now if I quickly replace it with Aurora's version, those people will bring up comments like "this isn't included in the original version!...or this isn't included in the old mac storage warehouse!".

It's a fact that some of those purist and traditionalist doesn't recognize the international artist around the web who only wish to fill a girl mascot in each OS and give life to it...

#$%! Wait I have an idea!......why not put Aurora's version of OS8-tan on the right side! Smile at army !

Well again, when i return, my hope is to create a Wiki avi for OS8 that merges the two designs.  Since Aurora already based her design loosely on the baby OS8 one (which is cute, but not particularly my thing.... -v-'), merging the two won't be as hard as [say] creating the hybrid Leopard-chan.  ^^

Essentially Aurora's older girl look, combined with the Rastafarian-style apple hat... ^v^'

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

QuoteTHANK YOU! That's really a good start!   Smile at army !

You're welcome, Alfamille.  ^^

When I return from Youmacon and other matters of business, I'll speak with Pitkin about starting an official translation project for the Mac comic.  Exposure to that comic will surely boost people's opinion about the Mac-tans.  (not saying that everyone's a pervert, but,.. you know... hehe... -v-')

HEY! There's one guy at Wakachan who's name is "Ren-do" I believe. He posted 3 Mac 4komas. Is he or she one of you guys?

Maybe that person saw the OS9's description on the List of OS-tans page in Wikipedia. Because I kinda gave a link to where the Mac 4koma to be seen

Also that convinced myself to upload the 4koma on which you and Pitkin translated. I wish the administrator of otakubell will approve it.

C-Chan

Not me.  ^__^
And given the opinion of Macs around here, I'm not sure if anyone else is digging through those Mac comics at the moment.  -v-

But yeah, probably saw your link.  ^__^
As for posting on Waka, I can only envision two outcomes:

1) Silence...

or...

2) The "usual" replies for abstract stuff out of the blue....  ^v^;

*sigh*

Wish he would've posted something here.... -v-

BTW, it's great that you donated that to otakubell, but hasn't that site been a bit stagnant these past few months?  '__';

C-Chan

Yep, definitely stagnant.  ^^'

Oh well, when you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.  -v-

Probably getting ahead of myself since I'll be drop-dead busy for the next week or so.  But I definitely want to start now, at least with the Mac Manga title page:

After the 20th, I'll try to give page 1 a shot....

C-Chan added the following  6 minutes after last message :

*squints eyes*

*sweatdrops*

I don't mind the quantity of the characters.  But the size, JEEZ!
That's DAMN SMALL, and I don't mean the Linux-tan....  ^^;

At least I can read the shout bubble in the bottom as "FUKETSU desu wa!!"

Sounds like a polite and lady-like way of saying "FILTH!" or "PERVERT!", but wonder if there's a funnier way of translating that.