Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? [grin]

Started by OldSkool, October 24, 2006, 01:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSkool

If you really knew me, you'd know that one thing leads to another...
it all started earlier when looking for an open-source program update that I found out that microsoft had earlier this year made a streamlined, non-commercial version of it's entire visual studio development tools available for free.

but I digress, searching around for more development goodies, I came across something that's been around for a while, MS Agent. If you've ever used office and had to deal with that blabby paper clip, or used file search and seen that yellow dog, you know what I mean.
Well, MS actually has a little easy-to-use app for creating characters for it:

http://www.microsoft.com/Msagent/downloads/developer.asp
(scroll down to Agent character editor)

Maybe it's a little obscure, but tell me what you think.
OS-tans Might be the best use of it ever conceived, and a hell of a lot better than that paper clip.

Alex Stankevitch

Hell yea, im gonna have a go at that and get a little XP-tan telling me what to do  ;025

C-Chan

I think this was sort of thought up before....  -v-

Perhaps not the Office Assistants themselves, but something close to it....

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?p=5806#post_5806

C-Chan added the following  33 seconds after last message :

BTW, did I forget to mention today that there's no school like "OldSkool"?   ^____^

NewYinzer

You made it over 1000 posts, C-Chan! Welcome to the club!

As for the purpose of this thread, I'll try it out when I get some extra time!

C-Chan

CaptBrenden

You bastards! is see what youve done there! I bet it was that cursed forum games!

Palm tan rules!

and like, a dos cat office assistant would rock.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Hey now, no forum games here!  Ã,¯oÃ,¯
The +1K count is just pure and simple pig foraging, sticking my snout where it don't belong and stuff....

*turns back with indignation*  Ã,¯_Ã,¯

CaptBrenden

wasnt you i was talking about :P  I really dont care tho, if you compaired word count Im sure it would negate all of those ones

Xyanide

Well making an OS-tan with this must have been thought of before, but how would you be able to see it without using a help or search instance?
i want OS-tans on my desktop damnit :P lol

CaptBrenden

the assistant sits there as long as you want it open, you just need to have office running.

there are window mascots that sit on your windows too, but they dont do anything but sit there and look pretty normaly