OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteHopefully, though, the Annex list might inspire you to create OS-tans you hadn't considered before. ^___^

Perhaps...I liked the first page and the backstories behind the different families and factions. It also answered some questions I asked regarding the relations of the different Windows-tans. It kinda makes me want to do a magna about the different groups...if only I could come up with an good idea, let alone muster the attention span XD

C-Chan

Thank you again, Bella.  ^^

A manga's a big job, so certainly wouldn't want you to overextend yourself like I have.  ^^'

But certainly if you need ideas, I have plenty to spare.  ^.^

While not working on a manga per se, my next big project will in fact be a "visual novel" of sorts (I call it a "micro-OVA").  If it's successful, I'll probably integrate more elements of these backstories into them.  ^__^

For the first planned micro-OVA, however, the setting will be back in 1985, before any of these factions existed.  -.-

chuk90

What does it mean if their breast size get bigger? :|

C-Chan

It means you gave her more RAM....  -v-

I'd show you the perfect picture illustrating the point, but...

a) You'd have to be over 18 to see it.  ^^;

b) It involves a Mac-tan, which may not appeal to a hardcore Vista fan such as yourself.  -v-;

c) Not sure if this is the thread for it.  I mean I don't mind anything being posted here, but I kinda haven't touched this thread in months.... -.-;

NaGeL

konnichiwa C-chan and C-One!
this topic is great!!! i have found all the info i was wondering abot the Os-tans.
Arigatou!^^

is there a posibility that your goinng to make the same database with the Console or program-tans? like Firefox or norton?
i would be really happy, it would help me with the fanfic i write on my own language, if i know them better.

Tsubashi

Well, the annex thread has somewhat been discontinued in favor of our OS-tan wiki. It's not finished, but we hope to eventually include all OS-tans.
Still, what Senpai did here was amazing, and really helped start the wiki. It's probably why he is such a great wiki contributor/moderator! ^__^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Thank you NG, thank you Tsubashi-san.  indeed, the Annex has been discontinued, but fortunately the Wiki is intended to cover Console and Program-tans as well, so to answer your question,....  yes and no.

Yes,, we'd love to do the same for Console/Program-tans (although it will be MUCH more difficult), and no it won't be here in the Annex page.  ^___^

BTW, hopefully in your fanfic you'll feature some of the non-Windows-tans you've seen around these parts.  ^.^

CaptBrenden

Speaking of discontinued.. I was under the impression we locked this too.. I need to go through alot of old closed topics and make sure they are really closed
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Even though I may not like it, I really don't see myself doing anything else here -- though I liked it, it was also a bit of a resource drain.

Very well, we can lock but not delete.  -.-

Fedora-Tan

If you want to participate in improving this topic, please PM me. It's locked to prevent vandalism.

MaccasWell

Could all posters re-post as soon as possible as there is a lot of broken links (404 Errors), and could some of you who posts through Photo Bucket get them out of there and put them in the forums where they are supposed to be posted?

I'm sorry to sound like I am winging, but I (and I strongly believe many others agree) know that many have had problems accessing Photo Bucket either during registration or when logging in after registration.

Also there are (as I said), a lot of broken links not only on this page but other links in other parts of this forum, especially where access to pictures are required.
Climbin\' Back Down The Well!

NejinOniwa

Well, most imagery is private user-uploaded pics in the first place - afaik, the gallery isn't easy to use for such purposes, but I dunno.

Anyway - many posts by many different (and possibly dead) users mean lots of work for the admins. They have PLENTY of such already. I wouldn't load this on them for nothing - you'll have to ask nicely and see.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

half these people don't even access anymore. it feels a little lost, sadly. :[

and what a random necropost. and who's complaining? this is the first i heard about that.... :\
click to make it bigger

Alex S

Speaking of necropost, when did this get unlocked again?

I get the impression that it was locked previously by the discussion on this page (Fedora even posted so...).

Aurora Borealis

This one is very outdated and should be closed.

The current version is here, with discussion in this thread.