You don't need a MAC to run OSX 10!

Started by Dr. Kraus, April 25, 2010, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Found this and saw that Apple could lose some money with cracks such as this . You don't need an iPad or Macbook anymore, don't spend $1200 on a Macbook anymore! Just get a nice (compatible) netbook and run OSX 10 if you like it more than other OS' out there!

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/12/17/osx-netbook-compatib.html

Sora

That's it. Now apple will have to abandon their old, overpriced computers and work solely on the iPod. It was their biggest source of income anyway.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

don't forget the new marvel, TEH IPAD~~~

but you couldn't already do that? :\
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Keep in mind, piracy or no, installing OSX 10 on anything but an Apple is a clear violation of their EULA and might possibly open one up to legal ramifications.  Granted, no individual has had charges pressed against them for installing OSX on non-Apple computers, but just ask Psystar how serious Apple is about that EULA.

Anyway, I'm surprised that page is still up given Apple's litigious nature.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Steve Jobs is the founder of the PITA association.

And like, why the hell would one want to do that in the first place? ;_;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Sora

Because a MacBook pro costs $25,000 (I think... it might be higher than that.)
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

No, I mean why you would want to ruin a computer by installing OSX on it...

Sora

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"No, I mean why you would want to ruin a computer by installing OSX on it...
Out-of-pocket mac-fans?

NejinOniwa

That, my dear, is the worst paradox ever created.

Chocofreak13

nej: i've been curious as to a mac's capabilites.....i've never really used one, so i'm just curious.

maybe you could have one just as a sort of "pet"? like how one would keep an exotic animal in a cage, like a showpiece.

install it on a crappy computer?
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Steve Jobs is a flipping maniac, sooner or later someone is gonna get pissed off and kick him out and get Woz back in apple so it can have its former glory back.

JA8956 / Patrick

Well i guess that piracy stuff won´t work, if you use a genuine copy. If Apple tries to pull you to a court they have no winning chance in Germany, because you have a genuine DVD and installed to only one computer or mac, other thing is if you download some image from the net and put it on your machine.
Don’t get confused by some company´s license agreement, lots of parts are simply useless. Same thing was the story about the Microsoft OEM versions in Europe, Microsoft claimed that those OEM versions are only for new computers and manufactures, well Microsoft lost on the court and now we buy the OEM copies of vista and win 7 for joust 200$ (ultimate version ! ).
Same stuff goes for apple in the other way, I wonder when they have the first fight with the law?

PizzaDrill

If you already own a copy of OSX, wouldn't the downloading of one be covered under fair use? The only thing I can think of that it would break in that case would be the EULA, which is very rare for individuals to go to court over.