Need some help Identifying all of the OS-tans and OS-kuns.

Started by IodaFett, July 15, 2006, 05:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IodaFett

I here have a picture:

http://www.wakachan.org/os/src/1150697982654.png

And I know the second and third rows have them, but can anyone list them off for me as they appear?

I'n just having a little truble when it comes to recognizing all of them.

C-Chan

Quote from: "IodaFett"I here have a picture:

http://www.wakachan.org/os/src/1150697982654.png

And I know the second and third rows have them, but can anyone list them off for me as they appear?

I'n just having a little truble when it comes to recognizing all of them.

Hey there,

Might be me, but I seem to get a '403' opening your link.  ^^'
Can you double-check, or maybe describe how we can find it on Waka?

Darknight_88

Here's the image: (I could open it from my history. Accesing directly from the link is forbidden)

Ok, lets see if I can name them...
Second Row:Me, 2k, XP Pro, 95, 98 SE, 98, InuT Sever?, InuT, NT (mother of 2k, XP, etc), CE, XP Home (Homeko), Saba (any of them), 3.1, Vista-kun, Vista-tan, Mac (never been sure of what version...I just know its Mac), Mac OS9, "Pizza-tan", Norton...and then, the last 3 are unknown to me.

Thirde Row: XPpro-kun, ME-kun, 2k-kun, 98SE-kun, 95-kun, XPpro-kun (olive luna theme), XPpro-kun (another luna theme...I dont know in what version of XP), XPhome-kun (Homeo)...unknown, galaxy angel characters Milfeulle, Ranpha, Mint, Forte, Vanilla, and I dont know the nameof the other one, ...unknown, Nijiura memes: Yamada, WE-tan, Astaroth (OS-tan related, but not OS'es...and finally...Masked Rider

The rest aren't OS-tans (however, they make cameos sometimes, like Daijinjou), just nijiura memes/adopted characters.
No, I wont name all of them.

CaptBrenden

every time I see that picture its got even more characters on it.... -.-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Alfamille

Darknight is right  ;010  ....90% of it are not OS tan related...probably other Nijiura characters

I think I saw Nijiura maids there like Medoi, Modoi, Kudoi, Madoi, Hidoi, Yakui,  Nemui, Kurai, Shibai, Shitai, Chikoi, Dorei, Yowai, Usai, Inai

CaptBrenden

.......yeah what he said.    -.- I wish I could do pixil art

C-Chan

If you ever worked on any old-style game editing, pixel art isn't terribly hard.  But working on 100+ pixel characters, that's hard.  VERY hard.  FREAKIN HARD!  @__@

That's a helluva lot of memes.
Aside from the ones already mentioned, I see the Panic painting (first row), and Chiyo-chan and Osaka from Azumanga Daioh (last row) doing some,... unmentionable things. @___@'

CaptBrenden

OMG WHAT IS SHE DOING TO CHIO CHAN!! O.O  

the funny thing is, that it could be something compleatly inoccent that just looks wroung and no normal human would understand just because it her.

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"OMG WHAT IS SHE DOING TO CHIO CHAN!! O.O  

the funny thing is, that it could be something compleatly inoccent that just looks wroung and no normal human would understand just because it her.

YAY!  We're playing horsey!  ^0^'

But anyway, you can blame the Waka folk for that.  THEY'RE the filthy ones.  I'M just innocently parroting off what they said.  ^___^'

Punk

I thought i'd ask in this already made thread instead of starting another one.
Who are 2 of the 4 in this picture? I know there's Firefox-ko & Thunderbird-ko.

*Note* Image resized so I could attach it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Life is 90% Maintenance."

brougeXP22

i have no idea who the others are but i think i shall keep that pic for my self ;013  *saves to F drive*  ;010

NewYinzer

ZOMG! The top pic has more Rozen Maiden crossovers! As for the second one, the one on the bottom is SeaMonkey-ko. As for the one on the left, it might be Sunbird.

Aurora Borealis

Sunbird? What's that? As in what kind of program is Sunbird?  ;013

C-Chan

Hmmm,... ya guys sure that's not Nvu-tan?  'v'

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

Certainly her dress fits the logo color scheme -- besides that, there's an anchor for one of the toolbar icons too.  ^__^

Another big clue is that she's listed in Wiki as a Moezilla:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moezilla

And now that we're on the subject of the Wiki article, why did they change Firefox's avi?  O_o
Not really feeling the new one....  -___-

C-Chan added the following  23 minutes after last message :

Hmm,... according to the Wiki article discussion, there seems to have been an awful lot of complicated back-n-forth with those avi's.  

Guess very few of the original avi's are GNU or public domain.  -__-
I suppose eventually we can remedy that, and perhaps add freely licnesed entries for Opera, Seamonkey and Nvu (now that we know what the latter two look like).  ^__^

Anyway, let's move on to other unidentified OS-tans.... -v-

Noticed this one first in the Running OS-tan wallpaper series, and bumped into her again at Kazumi....

The name says "Odyssey" and she's listed as an OS, but never heard of an operating system named Odyssey (though I do know a game console named as such).  ^__^

Punk

Come to think of it, the file name did have nvu and seamonkey in it. What is seamonkey though? Never heard of of either Nvu & Seamonkey.
"Life is 90% Maintenance."