pencil cases.....

Started by Chocofreak13, April 14, 2010, 09:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i'm a nerd. hell, by being a member of this forum, i'm a nerd AMONG nerds. ^^

anyway, that's not the point. one of my nerdy characteristics is that i like to sew (yes, i have made clothes before). during nejin's visit, he saw a little thing i had cooked up for myself at the beginning of the school year last fall: an os-tan pencil case.

i am going to make one for nejin, provided he provides me with his mailing address.

i was thinking of this in class yesterday when i had a revelation: why shouldn't i make some for the others too?

here's how it goes: basically, you can either ask me to make a design or provide one, but if you make one for yourself make it 8 & 1/2" by 11", divided in half (take a sheet of paper, fold it in half, and have a design on either side).

now, don't expect me to just start throwing pencil cases out at people. i'm only going to provide these for people i consider "friends" or at least REAL members. if i get spammed by a million requests from people who joined yesterday, i'll shut this thread down post haste. (these things DO cost money. not very much, but they DO. )

anyway, just provide a design (or an idea of one) and a mailing address.... ^^;

ps. they're NOT waterproof.
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

aw too bad >_< i guess i needs to talk to choco more >:3
My my, aren't you lovely~

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: "zjhentohlauedy"aw too bad >_< i guess i needs to talk to choco more >:3

Lol same, I'm not very active...

Chocofreak13

sorry guys... ^^; you gotta remember shipping too.....

but if you give me a design, i'll keep it handy and make one when i get the chance ^^
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

yeah. shipping over here will be a terrible terrible idea :P

hmm maybe you can show us some of what  you have done so we can get an idea? :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

oh cool :3

is that iron on or something? D:

Chocofreak13

printer fabric; that's why it's not waterproof. you stick the fabric in an inkjet printer, and then you sew the result to a piece of cloth, with a zipper inbetween. sew up the sides, and you have.....
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

that's pretty cool D:

choco maybe you should try tucking the ends of the zipper to make it look neater :3

Chocofreak13

hmm, it's more than just that, the zipper is actually longer than the fabric so i couldn't sew those pieces on. :\

this zipper was 7". maybe i'll try to find a 5" next time.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quite neat thing, really. I'd be very excited weren't it for my omni-capable backpack (the one that carries the behemoth-top LAMBDA)...with that subtracted, though, the sheer nerd-factor of owning one such is very high indeed (and my outward nerd factor doesn't exactly need trimming DOWN, if you get my point). I'll see about getting a design done, although the tempo is pretty rough on me right now (plus I caught cold with this amazing timing, combining jetlag and heavy-as-mountain workload with sickness all at once).

Oh, and any interestees - just to remind you and save you from possible IRL spamman - it's too dangerous for your mailing address to go alone. Take this!

Mauu rates are rising, good times.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

wat is with pm button in post? o___o don't get it....

i'm sorry you're sick *hug*pat pat* chicken soup, man....

and yeah, design whenever you can. ^^
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Oooh pencil cases!  I'm sure 2k-san will keep ME-chan & XP-san from crashing your pencils and pens.

Bella

Looks great, Choco-san. :D

Chocofreak13

if you guys want one, domestic shipping is much cheaper than international. ^^
click to make it bigger