Main Menu

More IBM-tans

Started by stewartsage, January 11, 2010, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

OMG, Stewartsage-- you ARE the hardest working man in OS-tan business. O.O

I wish I could go through and comment on each, but I'll just say that they all sound about right (especially considering that I don't know much about CDC or RCA) . I really love your concept for OS/360-tan; a buddy over at dA was considering making an MVS-tan, but I don't know if there's a big enough difference in the system to warrant different characters. Initially, I imagined CANDE-tan/kun might be a good sidekick for MCP-tan. xD

Haha, that pin is awesome. I'll trade you this one! http://www.multicians.org/mulimg/you-would-b2.jpg

Anyhow, here are a few uber-speeddoodles:

http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/art/Mainframe-tan-designs-150642435

-I think I ended up making GMOS-tan look more like Queen Elizabeth in the 1550s than Queen Elizabeth II in the 1950s.
-SCOPE-sama I tried to give a slight Grecian flare... for the heck of it I guess.
-NOS/VE-tan
-The sisters IBSYS and BESYS

Quotelemme know if artz is needed, but it looks like bella and aurora got it covered. :3

Please to join in if you want! The more the merrier I say.

QuoteI'm coming up with some concept sketches for these new characters.

Yey!

Bella

Ooopsie, double post.

stewartsage

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Uwah, you're really a Sage here, aren't you. >.<

Not so sure about that...

Quote from: "Choco"lemme know if artz is needed, but it looks like bella and aurora got it covered. :3

Artz is always needed Choco!

Quote from: "Aurora"I'm coming up with some concept sketches for these new characters.

That NOS-tan sounds like a total jerk! Poor SCOPE-sama.

With SCOPE-sama being an associate of Cray, I imagine that she'd be friends with Cray-1-tan.

Hooray!

Thats what happened after Cray left..... At least she triumphed though.

I think so, I mean even though he did leave CDC to form his own company that doesn't mean his creations can't get along.

Quote from: "Bella"OMG, Stewartsage-- you ARE the hardest working man in OS-tan business. O.O

A bit of an overstatement I think....

To tell the truth the only other two RCA OSs are shrouded in more mystery then GMOS-tan.  Glad to hear you like OS/360-tan, she was actually the last one finished ^^;.  That's the exact same problem I had, it seems most of the early OS/360 derivatives are just OS/360 for different systems or just OS/360 with a funny mask.  Holy Gateway Arch MCP-senpai!  It seems a large Midwest group is springing up to compete against the east & west -tans.

I got a 403 error?

Already!?

-That works, she looks appropriately regal.  I really like Siya's punch card dress design.
-SCOPE-sama! Hmm, it worked out pretty well.  Got the eyes pretty well down too.
-Poor NOS/VE, she tries so hard to make up for her mother's behavior
-It took me a second to figure out what IBSYS-san was doing, then I lol'd.  Good to see BESYS repping Bell Labs!

Aurora Borealis

Yay! As a Midwesterner, I'm glad to see there ARE some OSes from the Midwest after all!

stewartsage

Now I just need to discover where they're hiding all of the Southern OSs.  I want to do at least one more CDC-tan and an NCR-tan, but there doesn't seem to be much inspiration for either of them (TMX & OS^3)

Aurora Borealis

Here are some concept sketches!

stewartsage

OS/360 looks good! I was a bit vague with her style of dress, but your design pretty much pegs it.

Same can be said for RCA TSOS-san, and the headphones are a nice touch.

haha, KRONOS and MACE

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! :D

In the OS-tan wiki, I added the new characters from this thread into the list, but are ALL the characters introduced in the thread mainframe-tans?  If so, I was going to make a section for them, since the 'Other OS-tans' section (where they are tentatively located) is getting so big.

stewartsage

Welcome! :)

I think so, yes.  The only one that's questionable to me is DomainOS-tan, but even there I don't know where else she'd go

Aurora Borealis

On the wiki, I added the mainframe-tan section!

However, I'm not sure if I got all the Mainframes on the list, nor am I completely sure if all those listed are true mainframes. :-/

Could also use some help with their articles. I can't do this alone!

Chocofreak13

you know, i was going to say something, but then i left this window for about 20 minutes and completely forgot.

*fweep* everything looks great, everyone! keep it up!! *fweep fweep*
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Oh no!  I'm sure it'll come back to you.

Bella

Quote from: "stewartsage"Holy Gateway Arch MCP-senpai!  It seems a large Midwest group is springing up to compete against the east & west -tans.

I got a 403 error?

Quote from: "aurora"Yay! As a Midwesterner, I'm glad to see there ARE some OSes from the Midwest after all!

Yeah, I used to think all of the really early OSes were from the East coast! Now it would seem that the midwest could be the OS cradle of civilization... xD

Oh, and this was the link I posted:

Interesting designs Aurora-san! OS/360 is pretty cool looking, and TSOS-tan is very pretty too. :)

I'd help with the wikiing, but I'm lazy as hell and stuff. :(

stewartsage

What link Bella??

Agreed on the wikiing, I keep starting to turn outlines into proper articles before getting distracted and giving up.

NejinOniwa

THIS link:
http://www.multicians.org/mulimg/you-would-b2.jpg
Which turns up a 403 for hotlinking, so let's do this:
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS