Mac Intro Screens Throughout the Ages

Started by Bella, November 06, 2009, 10:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

So, I was browsing a bit on Youtube, when I found this wicked compilation of Mac OSX intro screens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gov-XY7mDPE

And lameass one for Mac System 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyn8WlnNFs4

A blink-and-you'll-miss-it one for System 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpooSss9wVs

Does anyone else have any intros to share? They can be of any OS...

Aurora Borealis

Wow! Mac OS 8 has a really long and flashy one! Yes, I do like it!

Bella

Aurora Borealis

YA RLY! ;006

Hey! I didn't know that Mac OS 8 and 9 had intro screens- I thought only Mac OSX did! o_o

Red-Machine

Yup, I recognise them.  I have a Performa 6200 right now, with OS 8.1, 64MB RAM and it's been ethernet'ed so I can surf the web (and download games & apps, bwahahaha!)
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

Man I used Macs K-12 and never saw an intro, stupid network

Bella

I didn't know about ANY intro screens until I set up our iMac... when I switched it on and it greeted me with one, I was like "zomgsqueeeepretty!!!" xD

And Red Machine, that is SO cool that you still use system 8.1 and have it connected to ethernet!

QuoteMan I used Macs K-12 and never saw an intro, stupid network

Did you ever see one be started for the first time? That's the only time the intro plays...

stewartsage

Yeah, I went back and thought about it and realized I'd only ever seen one switched on for the first time.  A nice shiny new eMac, before four years were gone it was beaten to pieces.  Literally.

NejinOniwa

Quote>emac
>beaten to pieces
Who did this great deed? -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

The entire student body of SHS, somehow we're the only district in this part of the state with macs.

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Bella"And Red Machine, that is SO cool that you still use system 8.1 and have it connected to ethernet!

I know!  But, due to some utterly poor build quality on the x200 series, intrenet performance is S L O W.  Basically, to cut costs, they put a 64-bit processor on a 32-bit motherboard, with 16-bit RAM and 8-bit drive controllers.  All of this couples up to make probably the slowest computing experience of all time... ;065
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Aurora Borealis

I've used the x200 series before, and it's not good. Some of the worst-designed Macs ever!

Bella

Quote from: "Red_Machine"
Quote from: "Bella"And Red Machine, that is SO cool that you still use system 8.1 and have it connected to ethernet!

I know!  But, due to some utterly poor build quality on the x200 series, intrenet performance is S L O W.  Basically, to cut costs, they put a 64-bit processor on a 32-bit motherboard, with 16-bit RAM and 8-bit drive controllers.  All of this couples up to make probably the slowest computing experience of all time... ;065

...And that thing RUNS? ;013

Sounds pretty slipshod, but I bet my HP laptop is slower. Dx

Aurora Borealis

With all the clashing bittages, I'm also surprised that series of computers was able to run at all!

NejinOniwa

The reason they all run is that Jobsy put one of his little pet imps in each one of them.
They do the running.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS