Anime dead in U.S.?

Started by MisterCat, January 09, 2008, 10:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

no, i suppose not. but in all fairness, sora and others were depicting the pirate as "the bad guy". i was retaliating/defending by shooting it back on the producers, who are one of the roots of the problem s/he was bringing up.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

But the point is, it's still wrong.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the producers", but if we're being literal here, those are the folks that front the expense for a project and are involved in the promotion.  Without them - no animu :(.

This isn't like the record industry, it's a lot more involved.

There a number of people who put meaningful work into these shows, and a number of people involved in making the show available here.  The expense involved in doing this kind of stuff is outrageous so for the asking price, it's not like they're robbing you blind or anything.  I'm not trying to make the case for you to buy this stuff, but only that you refrain from making it sound like some corrupt "industry" trying to swindle you out of every last dime.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

IDK is right, in some parts that I can decipher at least.
The costs involved in the animation industry are enormous compared to what the record industry juggle - and they have a lot less to juggle with, too. If, say, SONY Music drop a few balls out of the air, it's not a big deal for them economically (although they'd still whine and sue for it) - but if Kyoto Animation drop the same amount of assets, they're in for hard times. The animation companies are many and large, and operate largely confined to the 100-odd million japanese viewers - of which maybe 50-70% are remotely or more interested in what they offer. Granted, they receive a large wad of cash from the sponsors and TV stations, but that's barely enough to make it out alive - to profit off it, they need the viewers to purchase.

Just a fact-pointer: it can easily be deducted the animation companies have a lot less to juggle with from one easy look at the amount of legal crackdowns we see on fansubbing etc - which is, quite simply, miniscule, from what I see. The reason for which being that they simply don't have the record industry's fat wad of cash to wave at the lawyers, judges and everyone else in the chain of justice - and even less to bribe them with.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Exactly, but is my English that poor?

NejinOniwa

Ehehe ^^ No, I was more talking of what I can decipher from analyzing your arguments and putting together my own facts, which are rather lacking in volume on this subject. -w-;

IanDanKilmaster

Well, you deciphered well, as you hit the nail right on the head.

I think you struck a good balance between explaining it out while also avoiding being overly in-depth.

NejinOniwa

Hey, a writer's gotta be able to write things, ne? No matter what they may be about, fiction or facts. -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger