How did you learn to draw?

Started by Alex_Reetz, October 11, 2009, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Reetz

How did you learn to draw anime?I am trying to use my own style, but It seems to noobish :(

Chocofreak13

^^ YEARS of practice, mah friend. and books. LOTS of art books.

i got my first "how to draw manga" book in 01'. before that, i was trying to copy wht i had seen in sailor moon. xD
here, i'll post some of my early work compared w. something moar recent:

[attachment deleted by admin]
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I lol'd at pic#2. -w-;

Then again, I'm pretty much self-taught, so I guess I don't have much say -w-; I usually take a few good pictures and use elements from them, morph them while drawing and shoop some whoop over that. Works like a charm.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

I suggest studying real human anatomy before concentrating completely on animu style. You see, it's a style, and a style is something that you apply on something, like in this case experience and knowledge of realistic anatomy.
And yeah, like it was earlier mentioned, the most important thing: lots of practice.

Remember to be open to critique. Some people cant handle it and ignore it completely. Those dont have much of a future.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Vash342

I take a pencil with a large as Al Gore's nose eraser.

Then I take a lined piece of paper.

Then I take a circle and draw some little eyes and a mouth.

I draw two red socks and two stubby arms.

Then I draw some short hair, and a small mustache over the mouth.

TADA! Hitler Kirby! ;025

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

LISTEN UP
THE BEST WAY TO LEARN HOW TO DRAW
IS TO TERRORIZE /B/
WITH YOUR DRAWFAGGOTRY
SUCH AS THIS

I love myself now <3

Vash342

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"

OMG its gary from pokemans with muttonchops

NejinOniwa

He's the Angry French Guy...

but now that you mention it O_O

Vash342

And I thought KISS kirby's were scary....

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Alex_Reetz"How did you learn to draw anime?I am trying to use my own style, but It seems to noobish :(

I am self trained, but I already knew the fundamentals of drawing which my father teach me...

(he is a real artist and portraits he made are really beautiful. Also my brother is good at drawing. It is only me being very poor at drawing...  ;018 )

Also in my life I read tons of books at home and comic books (No kidding)

And also I read "How to draw" lessons books at school.

I was fascinated by Anime and Manga, so I praticed to draw it.

;hi

Added after 3 minutes:

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"He's the Angry French Guy...

but now that you mention it O_O

It seems to me quite scottish guy kind of type...  ;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

like i said, practice. in portfolio club last week we did quick sketches. have somone pose for you, and in 30 seconds/1 minute/2min/5min/ect sketch that pose best as you can.

an never stop trying! if i had listened to my dad then i wouldn't even be on this site today. >:3
click to make it bigger

Soulraiserz

Personally i just doodled enough in class that eventually my doodles became something. Influenced by the anime and manga. If my scanner works i'll scan some past works.