SEGA Leaks PS2 Emulation Possibility

Started by coldReactive, September 22, 2009, 02:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Yay, Virtual console: Playstation Edition.

What next, PS1 & pocketstation games?
Oh no wait, thats for the next decade nostalgia gamers...

Sora

If you want to play PS2 games, get a PS2. They're still around and selling...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Red-Machine

Aye.  I think Sony needs to know when to walk away...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Probably, that's what they're trying to do...by slowly diverting every PS2 player to buying a PS3.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

coldReactive

Quote from: "Sora"If you want to play PS2 games, get a PS2. They're still around and selling...

Not next year when the 10 year life cycle ends. Unless they want to break that life cycle. Plus, I barely see stocks of PS2s in places, and a lot of people are getting confused about the PS3 slim as it says on the box:

limited backward compatibility, see manual for more details.

But doesn't mention if it's backward compatible with PSOne or PS2 games.

Also, why have PSOne b/c? Oh yeah, I know why, they want to sell PSOne games on the PSN.

Red-Machine

Limited backwards compatibility probably means just PS1 games.  My brother has an original 40GB PS3 and it can only play PS3 and PS1 games, even though you can create a virtual PS2 memory card...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Sora

So I'll just hang on to my PS2-tan for now. I have so many PS2 games I haven't finished...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Maybe...should I get one before it's too late...?

Meh, screw that. We can emulate it later. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Well, as the article states, it may not even be emulation, but simply having games remade specifically for PS3 (like the recent Metroid re-release on the Wii).  As much as I would think emulation is much better idea, simply due to cost-efficiency, Sony's luck in getting emulation to work on their console leads me to believe they'll be opting for remakes instead.

Still, this form of emulation isn't new, as stated in the other thread, Microsoft is already doing this on the XBLN, so for Sony to adopt a similar system would make sense.

The Choice of a New Generation.

I-tan

So I should be asking Sony when I get that 3rd Jet Set Radio game? or should I wait for another sonic game?