Computer tech blog

Started by Dr. Mario, March 11, 2009, 04:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mario

It would be good, but any hot spot... Ruby straites too easily, and it will end up having spectular COD... Including having sharpnels buried into the wall! =x=

My X-ray laser to be constructed, would have fins all over on the tube, like what you have seen on the microwave oven magnetron tube. And lotsa PC fans (power effeciency reason)!

BTW, have anyone heard about the event in East Helena, Montana, USA on 14th of August?
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Smokey

Hmm, cooling fins are a good idea, yes...

And i haven't the slightest clue about what happebned on the 14th...
Perhaps something to ask in topicless...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Dr. Mario

Yes. I'm going to use Copper, and possibly Beryllium Oxide (BeO) for the bore. But, kids, DON'T try this at home! BeO is nasty, but I have worked on it before, always cut it while immersed in water to prevent the dust from getting airborne.

BTW, I was only asking in a way, since I felt that there may be some forum users here who ARE Helenans. I'm a Helenan. I will explain.

Added after 59 minutes:

Here's the pictures of ASARCO in its former glory.

Added after 11 minutes:

ASARCO's smokestacks were the most important landmark in East Helena. Why, you ask. Because ASARCO was the company that established its hometown, East Helena. It was where its workers used to call home. And ASARCO was here for over a century.

Now, on 14th of August, the landmark had to go bye-bye. I have witnessed the whole thing, the ka-boom and thud. Why destroy the smokestacks? Blame it on EPA.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Smokey

Ah, sou...
Yeah it's a shame to see landmarks get demolished... In the town i was born in, they plan to demolish the iconic bell tower wich houses the city's carillion on the city hall's square to make room for a road and a gaudy new city hall... well that and they've built an apartment complex on the market square...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Yeah, it sucks to lose an important history piece. What I hate about demolitions, is that they're usually funded by crybabies who care little about the history. My Japanese wife was pissed off about what have been happening in my hometown (Helena) - she value the history like she do water. I understand that, but there's no stopping the dynamite-totting bastards, anyways.

T_T Rest in peace...

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Ya, there was a lot of fuss about the demolishing of the old railroad workers' quarters down at the tracks, but I couldn't bother caring much, just a little...

But one has to say one thing, though.

ALL HAIL THE LORD OF DESTRUCTION, ALFRED NOBEL.

>:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Mario

;020  Apparently true...

If destructions never happen, if ever - then the law of physic would get so f**ked up that ABSOLUTE IMPOSSIBLITY would be a everyday reality.
                                    O_O
A neko exploding then regenerating itself out of nothingness?

Now, that would be f**ked up!

Smokey

Schrödingers cat? A cat that is in both dead and alive untill an observer appears?
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Suddenly, Schrödinger, EVERYWHERE!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Mario

And the Crouching Flying Fang Tiger Ninja clan!

What if OSX-kun actually exists and is planning to take out M$? That definitely would make reading the news more strange. (Hey, at least Bill doesn't have time to read the news, does he?)

Dr. Mario

Oh yeah... Intel made their Nehalem families of the CPUs Smaller... Smaller... Smaller... Smaller... Smaller...
They have been releasing the 32nm CPUs lately.
Um, AMD's CPU will sill be superior, anyways.
They said Nehalem is superior? MEH! They would eventually find out all of that benchmarks aren't all that honest (even I don't trust Intel's numbers. Plain LIES.)

Some gamers being impressed with Intel Core i7 will not be so impressed once they finds out that RISC architecture actually have a upper hand over CISC ones (Crysis proves that facts once again.)

AMD will start selling the 32nm Phenom II next year. They will be the speed monster that will scare Intel away. (last year, AMD broke Phenom II's speed record, more than double: it ran at 6.5GHz clock, ALL FOUR CORES!)

*walks away*

Dr. Mario

Eh? Guess my thread's as dead as a meat... I guess I will have to remove the thread soon...

However, anyone are still welcome here as well as for the time beings.
If revived, I will just leave it alive here.

Dr. Mario

;014 Been a while, and this threads and other of my threads are already post-mortem... Ah, what the hell...

Anyways, I'm thinking about rebuilding a laptop and put in PowerPC G4 (or G6-7 if I could find a good one...) and flash a firmware containing basic BIOS callbacks and an x86 interpreter software so I would just enjoy around surfing websites, like YouTube, only more efficient and faster (not having to gamble all of the horsepower on the battery life, something that PowerPC is now good at.) It would kinda be like bring Transmeta Crouse CPU back from death, only stronger and faster. (If you guys are wondering what I'm going to do with Altivec, I may as well as reassign that SIMD FPU for x86 SIMD (MMX, 3DNOW! Professional, SSE1 - 4, maybe SSE5 if there's a 256-bit Altivec 3.0 VLIW FPU which is now present on Power7 processors)