Microsoft banned from selling Word in US.

Started by coldReactive, August 12, 2009, 12:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

heh, no, not really... most text was processed in .TXT files back in them days... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Back in the day, there wasn't anything to format anyway, only OS/2 could do those things before MSWord monopolized shit halfway -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well, you could give your files any extension you want, but they'd still be simple TXT files... That's where .NFO comes from...

Added after 28 seconds:

Before M$ stole it and used it for theys sysinfo crap...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

Oh, I had nearly forgotten that files were a lot simpler back then so there wasn't need for different, fancy formats! I thought word processing platforms were like the home computer market overall in the 70's and 80's: A large variety of platforms each with their proprietary formats and accessories, all of which are incompatible with any other platform. ^^;

Smokey

naah they were too busy ripping off hardware and turning it into completely incompatible stuff in those days
Thanks Fedora-sama