OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

eeto, I have no idea if this has been brought up, but how about juzo kun's renditions of some linux distros?
I mean it's in the wiki, but i don't think I've seen any mention here...
http://juzo-kun.deviantart.com/
http://www.jkhp.it/OS-tan/

Can't ignore her work.

Possible conflicts? I've taken the liberty of comparing the two.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28920887/
Apart from the hair length and difference in detail due to art style... looks like no conflict.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29061729/
Green theme, short wavy brown hair... Other than the difference in costume, looks good to me.

Fedora-tan seems to already have a design with the blue hat and all...

I think that's it...

As for differences in costumes... There are oodles of variations for OS-tans, so it doesn't matter too much. ^^

C-Chan

Speaking to the choir, SleepyD.  ^.^
Can't find a pig that's a greater fan of Juzo-kun's work than I....  ^v^

Truth is, despite the LOOOOOOOOOOONG appearance of the Annex as it is now, it's still not finished yet....  ^^'

Consider it the setup of steel beams that precedes the completion of a buliding.... ^^'

Not just Juzo-kun, but I still have to add descriptions for Aurora's OS-tans as well.  (plus a good number of her actual OS-tans...  ^^')
Why I threw in data for my -tans first was really just to get their threads locked -- otherwise, I would've waited my turn too.  -v-'

There will be plenty of conflicts everywhere, but my solution is to try to pick  the best of both worlds.  Love elements of Aurora's Fedora-chan, but also Juzo-kun's, so the obvious solution is to combine them (at least for the Wiki-style avatar).  Preferrably with the clothing, since it's only natural for characters to change their clothing every once in a while.  ^__^

I wish I could devote more time to hurrying up with the Annex, but time is short for me, and without my supervision C-One can't really do much on her own.  -v-

Obviously C64-tan still needs to work on her AI a little more..... Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

C-One

[protesting]  CCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!

NewYinzer

C-Chan

GYAHAHAHA!!!!  ^V^

I'd have done it if I could, but I'm hardly a C64 Basic expert, ya know!  `v'
Tried typing in "REBOOT" and she just slaps me....  ;^~^;

Wanted to reset, but don't know where C64-tan hid the reset button on her.

*blushes*

And I'm way too pure and modest to go "searching" for it, mind you....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

NewYinzer

Hmm...what happens if I push this button?
*pushes button*
What the?
*NewYinzer gets trapped in Dilspace*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

C-Chan

Serves you right, ya perv...  ^v^

*sweatdrops*  You were being a perv, right?  ^v^'

*sweatdrops profusely*  I mean seriously, which button did you press...?
I don't want to get stuck in Dilspace too....  @v@'
I don't even like pickles!  ^^;

*eyes C-One's keyboard interface fearfully*

C-One

*crawls closer to C-chan*  [menacingly]  Cccccccccccccccccccc.....  

C-Chan

*falters to the ground in fright*  Gyahaha!!!  Stay back!  Bad!  Bad android!  Go away!!  No!!   GAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!  ;^0^;

*runs away, crying out hysterically*

NewYinzer

From Dilspace: Vote yes on proposition 4269: Android Rights Amendment!
*thinks*
No, I don't think I was being pervy. I just pressed the C= Button the Left!
*thinks*
Harem Anime is good!
*shots fired*
Mysterious E: You Perv!
*shots fired*

Aurora Borealis

I was wondering how you'd make wiki avatars for the OS-tans that have multiple character designs. A compromise!

Unless... I can draw wiki avi's for my versions of those particular OS-tans while you draw ones for the other design or so.

So, for the OS-tans with multiple designs, what do you more specifically have in mind for combining them?

C-Chan

Hohoho... don't know yet.... ^__^

I'll find out once I get to them.  -v-

Naturally it's gonna be case by case, just as long as they more-or-less match the style of the preexisting OS-tan avis currently up on Wiki.

Keep in mind this shouldn't be too much of an issue.  Most of your OS-tans are original (such as GEM-tan, Leopard-tan, etc), so 9 times out of 10 I'll be basically drawing Aurora fanart.  ^.^

(With TWO artists supporting a single design, they'll be on their way to canonhood! ^v^)

The Wiki-style avi's themselves will only be like my own mini fanart of those particular OS-tans, since the majority of them will be meant to stay in the Annex for the time being. (Loading Wiki with too many new one-shot OS-tans will likely get the purists rallying... ^^')
Besides, the "Known Depictions" links are the most important part, since they will include (as it's set up know) all known depictions of that particular character, be it by me, you, SleepyD, NewYinzer, Darknight or unknown artists.
For the canon OS-tans (e.g., ME, XP-tan) with TOO many depictions, I'd have to link to sample galleries (such as ours, Niijura, Troubled Windows, etc.)

Returning back to the Wiki Avi's, for OS-tans with TOO many alternative depictions (such as Vista), I may have no choice but to follow Wiki's route and simply choose my favorite design (in Vista's case, the Rozen Maiden-style goth girl).

Then again, I was also bouncing the idea of holding a referendum here (or on another thread) to choose, once and for all, what will be the OS-tan Collections-Approved Vista design.

We may not be a Futaba or a Niijura, but I think we've all done enough to earn the right to choose a favorite design for that soon-to-be popular OS-tan.  `v'

C-Chan added the following  58 seconds after last message :

Quote from: "NewYinzer"From Dilspace: Vote yes on proposition 4269: Android Rights Amendment!
*thinks*
No, I don't think I was being pervy. I just pressed the C= Button the Left!
*thinks*
Harem Anime is good!
*shots fired*
Mysterious E: You Perv!
*shots fired*

Fufufu....  ^.^

As the ol' saying goes, "the proof is in whatever Mysterious E says".  ^v^

NewYinzer

Returning back to the Wiki Avi's, for OS-tans with TOO many alternative depictions (such as Vista), I may have no choice but to follow Wiki's route and simply choose my favorite design (in Vista's case, the Rozen Maiden-style goth girl).

Even though I abhorr Rozen Maiden crossover, I do like the goth girl style Vista. For me, the "Big-Tittied Loli-Jutsu" didn't win.

QuoteWe may not be a Futaba or a Niijura, but I think we've all done enough to earn the right to choose a favorite design for that soon-to-be popular OS-tan. `v'

Soon to be popular, eh? You must know something, eh?

C-Chan

(Horde-of-Massive-Windows-Users + Massive-M$-Advertising-Campaign)
/
Monopolistic-Stranglehold-on-Businesses,-PersonalUsers-and-Gamers-Who Will-Inevitably-be-Forced-to-Upgrade

=

Instant Popularity  ^__^'

So how about that referendum, eh?  ^v^

I could really use an official Vista design, as I'd hate to rack my brain over a modern Windows OS (much rather rack it over an obscure vintage one).  -v-'

And you're right, ultra-endowed designs wouldn't cut it for me...  -v-'

NewYinzer

QuoteInstant Popularity ^__^'

Just add water!

QuoteAnd you're right, ultra-endowed designs wouldn't cut it for me... -v-'

We do not need more Shikijou Saori knockoffs...