favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

I presonaly thing the extra stuff made chrono cross less endering.  You cant have a really compelling story if your characters could be differnt each play through. I like those old turn based RPGs, but I play them for the deep well written stories, and I feel those stories lack with proper depth without the set characters.  If I want something I can play differently each time, I play a freeform RPG like oblivion or fallout 3.

Ah yes, both of those games go near the top of my list
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

kaineru

Hehehe, I guess that's why I like crossovers so much.... I like extra things to do in whatever I play, Chocobo's Dungeon 2 made my happy caused it had me playing the EX part, and Bahamut Lagoon the same. Chrono Cross made you play multiple times to see everything. Thousand Arms had me try to get the most kisses on every girl, Super Robo Taisen gave me a hard time recruit sp characters like the super robot destroying Bonta-Kun and a lot more.... I guess I like thsoe complicated and weird games much...

Chocofreak13

today i bought final fantasy chronicles on amazon. :3
click to make it bigger

kaineru

Chronicles?

....? The GBA FF?

Smokey

Isn't that on the PSP?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

the PS1 version, the one released back when ps1 was still sold in stores. xD
it comes w/ FF4 and Chrono Trigger. :3 (prefered the latter)
click to make it bigger

Smokey

O_O coolness...

PSX rules... ^_^ Still playing Metal Gear Solid...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

kaineru

Oh that one... I think I have that one...

Smokey

Yeah, cool game, huh? There's not many games that can top that (unless we're looking at graphics, but that's not important... ^_^), and i'm a die hard PC-game fan...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I'VE GOTTEN SUPREME COMMANDER TO WORK AGAIN

PRAISE BE...ER...ME! PRAISE MYSELF FOR ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN! HUZZAH!

...self-theist, is that even a word? -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Quote...self-theist, is that even a word? -w-;

Technically what you're referring to would be called autodeism, but I guess if you build up a framework to worship yourself that would make it theistic, ne :P?  So yeah, be your own Personal Jesus, noitch!

EDIT: Thought of more appropriate prefix...  also, to keep this on topic - have you tried Twin Snakes, Smokey?  I know there are a few fanboys that complain about it (changes in dialogue, cinematics, other silly stuff), but it's still the method I prefer when playing the first MGS.  You do know there's a version of it for the PC as well, right?

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Well, I'm not exactly worshiping myself...it's more like a Suzumiya complex.

The amount of times my thoughts seem to affect the world around me is scaring.
This weekend I was in my room, swinging around my Bokken for practice...and then started thinking about stuff, and the word "Destructive" pops up in my head, pretty clearly.
Seconds later I loose my grip on the Bokken, and it flies out of my hand into the wall.
There's a huge dent in that wall now. It wasn't a hard swing, but it still made like a 3cm hole in the damn wall.

This is getting fuckin' creepy.

IanDanKilmaster

We should probably move this discussion to Topicless (that is, if there is anymore to discuss after this post), but I too notice how my thoughts seem to have an odd effect on the world around me.  Some days I'll just have a whole series of these odd coincidences.  Think about some random movie I haven't seen in awhile and then see something about it on TV.  Think about someone I haven't spoken to in forever and they wind up visiting/calling me.  There's other things too, but those are the ones that just stand out in my mind.  Anyway, I don't really place any kind of serious relevance on such events, but they can be fun (sometimes disturbing) to think about.

On topic, what's your (everyone in this thread) favorite god game?  Right now mine is SimCity 2000, but that really shouldn't count because it's the only one I've played (I really want to try Black & White).

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Well, if Overlord counts, that's my call. -w-

B&W (and I think there's a 2 too) seems pretty interesting. I might DL it and try. Post results hear. -w-

Smokey

SimCity 4 with Rush hour... Real calm game, and fun too (also challenging...), with the micro- and macro management... Beats the crap out of B&W... IMO... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama