Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I dislike when people only make enough half ***ed posts to get teh pr0nz, especially if their posts are primarily necroposts but at least they are not bots -_-

Should there be some changes to the rules to crack down on those kinds of posters and excessive derailment of threads? Just this afternoon I closed down a thread in the OS-tan Talk section because there was pretty much nothing more anyone could contribute to it.

Smokey

ah yes the death of a thread, one i actually witnessed....
But i agree that it is a bit annoying (i know i am too), but at least it's not malicious...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteShould there be some changes to the rules to crack down on those kinds of posters and excessive derailment of threads? Just this afternoon I closed down a thread in the OS-tan Talk section because there was pretty much nothing more anyone could contribute to it.

Not really, as Capt-sempai already pointed out, it's already against the rules to spam or necropost...

Quote4 - Forum posts
You must post when you have something to say only. Posting small posts ( <= 10 words for example ) without any real interest will be erased. Ultimately, it is up to the thread owner to decide if such posts will be allowed or not. If unsure, please contact thread owner AND post smart in the meantime .

Any revision is pretty unnecessary, according to the rules any of these spammers/necroposters are already eligible for disciplinary action.  Of course, as Capt-sempai also already pointed out a certain number of us (including myself) have already violated the rules numerous times when it comes to spammy posts.  Now I would say these incidents (even when they get a little out of hand) are hardly malicious or that detrimental to our forum, but in the interest of fairness (that is, since rule 7 does not exist)...

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Basically what we'd need to get rid of these kind of things would be a bigger mod/admin team, which, aside from that purpose, wouldn't do us much good at the moment, I believe. Long story short, RAGE all you want, but do not feed the trolls.
Or the zombies, for that part.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Most hilarious spam yet, at least. 'w'
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, and wouldn't you know it, it's in the most popular section here.  I thought it would've been noticed and promptly deleted by now...

Aurora Borealis

I now deleted it though i was tempted to just close it because it was the most WTF-worthy piece of spam I've ever seen!

Smokey

never even followed the link BTW...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

After reviewing my post, I should apologize for any perceived rudeness on my part - I never intended for the post to come out that way.  Gyah, lazy post -__-;.

IanDanKilmaster

Smokey

There is no post...

Really
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Well, believe me, last night (or was it early this morning) it was there.  I'm guessing someone caught it, but why wasn't the poster b&?

CaptBrenden

Prolly was deleted by aroura, who doesnt have the power to ban/delete members herself. she prolly removed the thread and submitted the member to tsubashi for deletion
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Oh okay, didn't know, sorry.  Is there some secret part of the FAQ that explains the powers each authority has?  It's amazing how long I've been a member here and not know that...