Main Menu

Location Location Location

Started by L33t 4g3nt, May 08, 2005, 01:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

It was originally bigger, but Sweden (which is also next door), kept taking chunks out of our landmass.  Apparently they thought that was OK, since we had been at war and stuff (by no fault of our own, it was all Denmarks fault since they were running the show at the time).   Some of us keep asking them to give it back, but we've had little luck so far.

rdhdtwns

Don't come to Norway.. alright, if you don't want me to :/
What's so bad about it?

I'm still living in the southern USA, heh.
So cute it\'s deadly!

CaptBrenden

buncha bullies, taking your lunch monie and your land.  i can just see a country tan for norway jumping up and down waving her arms saying give it back give it back! as Sweden tan holds it just out of reach
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Silentbob

Yeah, at least we coulda shared.   But it's OK really.  Because we got the North Sea, which is full of delicious oil.  Sweden got the Baltic Sea which Russia used as their personal toilet for years.

CaptBrenden

a russaian toilet... i could imagin it would look pretty bad..... comrad.

SleepyD

Now I shall blabber on with meaningless stuffs.

Aust-Agder... seems people want to go there, what with the tourism thing, according to wikipedia. (Yes, I went and looked for what county you lived in. I'm bored and doodling with a mechanical pencil...)

Bahaha, Afghanis-tan. XD;

Japanese toilets are fancy.  haha I knew I should have taken a picture of that thing when i was there....

CaptBrenden

afghanis-tan is funny.  I have to admit they hit Merikan right on the head.

Silentbob

Quote from: "SleepyD"
Aust-Agder... seems people want to go there, what with the tourism thing, according to wikipedia. (Yes, I went and looked for what county you lived in. I'm bored and doodling with a mechanical pencil...)

Yeah, the town where I live is actually quite nice during the summer, lot's of stuff happening in the town center all day long.  

It's being somewhat remodeled these days, so there's been a lot of construction going on, but I hope they'll be finished before next summer.

panithan

I'm at Thailand! The land of smile!
Even there was a coup at 19 Sep. A few days later, I see a lot of people taking photographs with the soldiers and tanks.

SleepyD

totally forgot about this thread.

Capt: Agreed, Afghanis-tan is funny. XD

Bob: Jeff likes pictures. ^^

....I really need to upload the ones I took in Japan.

Quote from: "panithan"I'm at Thailand! The land of smile!
Even there was a coup at 19 Sep. A few days later, I see a lot of people taking photographs with the soldiers and tanks.
yush, I'm sure anyone even remotely following the news knows about that.  At least there wasn't any violence...

I went to Bangkok... what was it, 3, 4 years ago? All I did was follow my mom around as she shopped... I wished I got to see more.

...laksa is spicy. lol

CaptBrenden

Your lucky your not in the military sleepyD cus thats the city we do not mention.

Not if you value your junk.

Come to think of it I never got to visit tailand.  Shame really.  hit half a dozen countries in that area but never Tailand.

panithan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
Come to think of it I never got to visit tailand.  Shame really.  hit half a dozen countries in that area but never Tailand.

It's Thailand. T-H-A-I-L-A-N-D
Not Tailand, actually - -;

C-Chan

Um,........ not sure how to say this, but I get the impression "Tailand" was misspelled intentionally......  One of the Captain's long stories, I'm sure.........  Ã,¬___Ã,¬'

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Your lucky your not in the military sleepyD cus thats the city we do not mention.

Not if you value your junk.

haha, right... having gone to an all-boys high school, I can figure the repercussions of mentioning that name. Maybe I should refer to it by its full name then:
Krung Thep Maha Nakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanu Kamprasit

Longest city name ever.

Raffaele the Amigan

It is not difficult to spot italy (my country) on a world map...

it is that which has the form of a boot...

And this is Naples and Vesuvius Volcano:

Best known in the world for:

Pizza!

Pizza as ists original neapolitan aspect: soft and thin...

[No crunchy and thick as many people may think it should be...  ;014  ;022 ]

Spaghetti!

(Here with sea"fruits")

Mozzarella cheese!

The only cheese in the whole world which smells of milk and not stinks...  ;010

Babà (pron:b-ah b-ah) cakes:

It is a cake from Poland adopted in austrian Wien as very complicated and for special occasions only, full of candy fruit and cream.

In Naples it arrived with Austrian domination in 1700 and soon becomes citizen of Naples transforming it a very "citizen walky cake" for very busy people to be consumed quickly.
Reduced, with no candy fruit and cream anymore. Jut a sprice of Rhum or Limoncello and maybe a little whipped cream if you want to consume it by seat at a table of a cake parlour.

Zeppola cake:

This is another neapolitan dish that is actually conquering world.
Best known with its plural "zeppole".

And finally Sfogliatella recipe cake:

Limoncello lemon liquor

Vulcan Vesuvius:

Pompei archeological site:

Capodimonte Museum with Farnese Collection and other masterpieces:

Caserta King's Palace:

Which you sure had spotted in "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" movie, as it was the location for the Naboo queen's palace:

Or again you could had seen this palace accredited as "the Vatican" into Mission Impossible III.

Mandolino:

And this musical banjo-like instrument introduces you to neapolitan music!

Never ever heard "O sole mio" or its variant by Elvis Presley "It is now or never"?

Eduardo De Filippo comedian writer:

Author of "Filumena" tragedy and the "Ghosts of Naples" comedy.

(actor John Tuturro is actually porting "Ghosts of Naples" in a world tour)

Pulcinella:

Also world known as "Mister Punch", a character of the Comedy of Art.

And finally for your eyes...

Sophia Loren:

Oscar Award winning actress

Which inspired also Carl Barks comic maker for Disney's Uncle Scrooge Magazine villain character of Magica de Spell:

That it is all from Naples!
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]