The Laws of Anime

Started by destroyrhawk, June 27, 2006, 05:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"doujinshi or however you spell it Im fairly cirtan is a fan manga.  Non professional usualy based off of something.   and H doujin would be the hentai equivelant.    the other thing your talking about, I know what you mean but I cant think of the word at the moment

Quote from: "NewYinzer"Doujin is fan manga! See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Djinshi

Quotec) that girl anime/manga thing...or does that begin with an s?
I can never remember which of them
Do you mean Shoujo-ai?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoujo-ai

Correct. A Doujinshi is a manga based off of another published manga.  Some doujinshi groups have gone on to make original stories and have become quite successful.  CLAMP and TYPE-MOON come to mind.  Somehow, I've seen that a bunch of people consider all doujinshi as H, when it only makes up a portion of all doujinshi.  So, basically, to dispel this image, not all doujinshi is H.  

Girl anime/manga, is shoujo anime/manga.  Shoujo means "girl" in Japanese (One of many words for "girl" it seems).  These stories are usually focused on relationships between people... I consider Honey and Clover a very good shoujo anime/manga, and I do recommend it.  (Meaning, males can enjoy this stuff too.  Not all are just "chick-flick" dribble.)  

Shoujo-ai, as mentioned by Yinz, would be the girlxgirl relationship stories... (not necessarily H, but if so, that would be termed yuri)  

hope this helps

CaptBrenden

see, i was gonna look it up on wiki too... but then something shiny caught my attention and I forgot all about it.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

SleepyD

I didn't read the wiki, but after reading it, apparently doujinshi isn't necessarily based off of another work... I can't seem to get a good, solid definition for it on wikipedia....

NewYinzer

With Wikipedia, as much as I like it, you get what you pay for.

CaptBrenden

Sometimes they seem to fabricate stuff... there is alot of assumptions and the like on wiki..like Halflife.. the marines in it.. it did alot of assuming and wrote a whole article on why they do things like use apaches and wear beretts when marines dont do that...  When it was simply Valve didnt do enough research on marines when they made the bloody game.

nobody

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Sometimes they seem to fabricate stuff...

Well, they do. I mean, wedo. That's the hole problem at Wikipedia: wrong definitions are as valid as right concepts just because that are "our" concepts.

Spysweeper

Nice I like they had something like this for cartoons

Gummster

This reminds on the unclopedia article 'The laws of anime physics'
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_Anime_Physics

Both fairly funny stuff.

NejinOniwa

Uncyclopedia is bad for your mental health, and will make your power levels go way OVER NINE THOUSAND.

(translate)

AAAAA AAAA AAAAAAAAAA, AAAAA AA AAAAAAAAAA! AAAA.

Therefore we approve of its usage and recommend you to go here:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Grue
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

its allmost as bad as encyclopedia dramadica

Darknight_88

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"its allmost as AWESOME as encyclopedia dramadica

fix'd :D

NejinOniwa

Not at allssu. ED is boring, unfunny crap. They also think that U are a bunch of retards. That is of course true, but it's better to be a funny bunch of retards than to be an unfunny collection of carnal idiotssu, ne?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"ED is boring, unfunny crap

of course ED is unfunny. kekeke

anyway. I like senseless things, senseless funny things. but i don't find uncyclopedia funny. all i see is cursing this, cursing that.

I don't really think there should be any law to anime. since these laws break creativity. breaking the laws will boost creativity make a show more interesting so having no law is not good for creativity. having no law is basically what the law of anime implies so the law of anime..... . ;026  ;026  ;026

i got lost... nevermind..
My my, aren't you lovely~

SleepyD

Quote from: "zjhentohlauedy"
I don't really think there should be any law to anime. since these laws break creativity. breaking the laws will boost creativity make a show more interesting so having no law is not good for creativity. having no law is basically what the law of anime implies so the law of anime..... . ;026  ;026  ;026

i got lost... nevermind..

Not sure I get the last part, but I pretty sure the point of these laws is to point out the uncreative-ness of certain anime. ^^

So in that sense the laws agree with your opinion (I think). ^^

dijiko

I remeber seeing this a while back. Funny stuff!