Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

This is pretty old and may have already been addressed before, but all the time I've been spending in the H-section it's been kinda hard not noticing.  This thread is promoting pirated material...hyah, I'm such a dirty snitch.

EDIT: It seems Tsubashi-sama's solution for the bots has worked, but has also attracted a good deal of spammers/necroposters.  Not really a big deal, because I'm sure forum regulars have noticed, but just a little annoying.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

wow, you're actually sifting through the old threads?

Respect

*gives respect-points to Ian*

Added after 7 minutes:

BTW has anyone noticed the randomness and uselessness of juanjisimo's posts?
Smells like spam to get to the hentai to me...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Domo, but you do me too much honor.  It's a thread I've known about for a long time, but I thought it had already been reported to the mod or admin.  It's old but not buried, you can find it easily on the first page of the H-section.  I really don't think the Feds or the RIAA are gonna come down on this forum just because of one such thread, but it is a violation of forum rules and there are a number of forum members who would feel much better with it gone.  It's also a magnet for aforementioned spammers/necroposters.

Smokey

I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

QuoteBTW has anyone noticed the randomness and uselessness of juanjisimo's posts?
Smells like spam to get to the hentai to me...
A case of blue-collar spam/troll/generally unwanted person, I'd say.
DO NOT FEED.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

too late, he's probably already looted the hentai section
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I doubt he's been let through the group join by Tsubashi, so that seems unlikely...

CaptBrenden

nothing in the rules against posting just enough to get to that section
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Nothing in the rules to allow it, either ~v~

Smokey

i know, but those posts were really borderline-spam, and spam is (tasty) not allowed
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

coming from you two, thats pot calling the kettle black.

Smokey

i may have derailed a lotta threads, but i don't spam...
Plus i am getting more and more on topic recently
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

Only cus Im getting after you. But one line off topic posts are actually mentioned as being against the rules, yet people give you leniency on that. Give the person a break. Personaly Im all for making the H stuff open to people from the begining to avoid this problem.

Smokey

i was just mentioning, not really acusing.....
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteOnly cus Im getting after you. But one line off topic posts are actually mentioned as being against the rules, yet people give you leniency on that.

See rule 7, prior to deletion...

QuoteGive the person a break. Personaly Im all for making the H stuff open to people from the begining to avoid this problem.

Well, the whole reason this was implemented was to prevent bots from spamming the H-section.  While I must admit all the "spam my way to 10" posts are pretty annoying, all the necroposting is what really pisses me off.  Then again, this still beats having to deal with bots in the H-section every other day -__-;.