Main Menu

CAR-TANS!!! XD

Started by Kotaro, July 02, 2008, 09:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cockleshell

Needs moar prius-tan.

She'd be really efficient and rather futuristic-looking...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

QuoteAnyone have anything useful to say about car tans? anyone?

Yes, I have.

And that is, TL/DR,

pics or it didn't happen~

More seriously though (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?) I think you'd need a starting point. /jp/ has some of the related stuff i think, and if you look hard and at the right time you might find stuff at, say, /o/ or /n/. Dunno though, since I never go there.

waka/nc/ is also possible - I've seen some things like it there before, didn't save though - but that board's the slowest board in history, really. Don't expect any express delivery, regardless of what you /r/.

Speaking of which, you can always try /r/ or /rs/. Might help if you're lucky.

Lastly Danbooru works for most things, if all else fails.

Don't blame me for anything, although you always blame me for everything anyway, so meh.

Added after 1 minutes:

Also OH LAWD, not a car but still. SHIT. I lol'd.

[attachment deleted by admin]
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

wow, reguardless of the assumption that everyone boards like you, you actually put some thought into posting and said something midly useful. I am shocked.

That prius looks pretty similar to my car. I like the look of it. Toyota huh? Ill have to look up some stuff about it.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Likewise, captain, I am shocked that I had to read your post 5 times before understanding that first line.

Hm.
I wonder how an old Volvo-tan would look like. All blocky and square? Pfft.

While them french cars are all curvy and tech-savvy. Hm.

Why do I know shit about cars anyway?

CaptBrenden

I think you hold the record for the most said without anyone understanding it.

Personaly Im not much of a car person. Ive seen a couple that I thought were pretty cool, but I cirtanly dont read any hotrod magazine or anything of that sort. I reserve that kind of geekery for guns and military hardware.

You remember how VW used to release those differnt versions of the jetta?  Like the jetta music and the jetta trek?  Do they still do that?  Those would make for excellent tans with personality.

NejinOniwa

I highly doubt it.

One thing that's funny though, nowadays a car's got two selling points:
Environment-friendliness
Safety

unless you put one of those, and preferrably both, on your ad nobody's gonna care. Or maybe they will because you DON'T, I dunno, but that's what everyone really looks for nowadays isn't it?

CaptBrenden

Eh, safety yes, the how green it is?  maybe there but I dont see it too much here.  We have out bunny loving tree huggers, but they apperently dont sell cars.

Aurora Borealis

Too bad that cars aren't as nearly as stylish as they were in the 1950's-1970's. A lot of cars these days are so drab and utilitarian! Couldn't we keep the style while making the cars more efficient?

I'd like to see or possibly draw a few car-tans including:

Model T-tan
DeLorean-tan
Viper-tan
and a Hummer-tan!

CaptBrenden

Ehh, hummers are ghey :P  Now a Humvee tan, that id be all for.  

The delorean might be interesting too. Someone had one of those on the base i used to be stationed at. I could hardly belive that I was seeing it. Prolly belonged to some high muckity muck general.

Unfortunatly except for the charger and the Humvee, I dont know enough about any of those to make a tan for.

NejinOniwa

Eh, safety yes, the how green it is? maybe there but I dont see it too much here. We have out bunny loving tree huggers, but they apperently dont sell cars.
I could barely understand that. Sorry, but half the time you're completely incomprehensible to me. I'd need a special Cappy Language Filter installed for that to make sense, and that'd take some time to code.

Anyway. What about the weirdo versions some cars have today, like the Renaults and their trapdoor windows? That'd make for some interesting materials.

IanDanKilmaster

QuotePersonaly Im not much of a car person. Ive seen a couple that I thought were pretty cool, but I cirtanly dont read any hotrod magazine or anything of that sort. I reserve that kind of geekery for guns and military hardware.

I guess I'm kind of a car person, not an expert by any stretch, but since when am I an expert at anything XD.  I used to have a Hotrod subscription, but after they started focusing on more modern models I started losing interest.  Of all the cars I've seen, my favorite is probably the '71 Dodge Challenger... or any Challenger from around that time really.  I don't know of any new cars that truly evoke any kind of passion from me.

QuoteToo bad that cars aren't as nearly as stylish as they were in the 1950's-1970's. A lot of cars these days are so drab and utilitarian! Couldn't we keep the style while making the cars more efficient?

I really really love stylish cars, I mostly prefer the classics, but there are a few today, that I like.  Despite all that, I really don't see why so many people get hung up on the aesthetics of "green" vehicles.  Up until recently, I wouldn't say such vehicles were designed with the common car person in mind - that is, they are designed practically for practical people.  Less emphasis is placed on appearance so designers can focus on making the car smaller and less heavy (lighter weight = greater fuel efficiency).  Anyway, now that it appears more people have jumped on the "green" bandwagon, I'd say it's more likely we'll see cars designed with aesthetics and efficiency in mind.

QuoteViper-tan

That shouldn't be too difficult to design.  The car has very striking features, and if anyone needs help with the concept, I can provide a few ideas based on the specs of the car.

I feel compelled to mention that Carroll Shelby get his old ass to work on a sexy, enviro-friendly car.

Quoteand a Hummer-tan!

If this whole "car-tan" thing ever does get off the ground, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone design one of those.  I have to say I never really liked the Hummer, it always pisses me off when some asshole has a vehicle that won't fit in a single parking spot >__<.  I should also mention that nothing screams "I'm overcompensating" like a Hummer, but as a guy who loves muscle cars, I'm really in no position to judge...

Here's hoping I get this posted before Nej or Capt make another catty remark about one another...-__-;

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Priuses aren't that green, Top Gear once pitted a prius against a BMW V8, had the prius "race" at highway speeds on their track with the BMW following her, and the Beemer was more fuel-efficient...

So a Prius-tan should hang out with moviestars and pretend to be green while she's actually not so...

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"Here's hoping I get this posted before Nej or Capt make another catty remark about one another...-__-;

Most posts of Nej lately can be ignored as far as i've read them, and the Captain just cares about this forum to let Nej rape it....
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Ignorance->Bliss=False, in this case, since it'd actually make some sense if you were trying to understand that I don't always troll, fgds.

Also this thread made me want to play racing games, so NFSUc get.

Anyway how's the spread of "green" fuels around the world? We've got charging poles for electro cars and some bio-gas stations, as well as E85 in most gas stations, but nothing outside the cities. We seem to be a pretty green nation i think, too, so I dunno if it's like that for other places too, or is it?

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteAnyway how's the spread of "green" fuels around the world? We've got charging poles for electro cars and some bio-gas stations, as well as E85 in most gas stations, but nothing outside the cities. We seem to be a pretty green nation i think, too, so I dunno if it's like that for other places too, or is it?

I have seen a total of zero in my state, and I seriously doubt the movement will make it's way to my small-ass town.  You'll find that I complain very often of the locals' resistance to change (to me it seems it's an attitude that's very common across the southern U.S.).  Even in my travels to and through Texas, I didn't notice any "green" fueling stations (emphasis on the word "notice").

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Texas, oh you.

True, that might be the last place that sees an automobile fueled with something else than petroleum...