Troubled Windows game project?

Started by Mokura, December 01, 2005, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Yo DeusEx.  ^__^

Sorry, 'fraid you arrived 3 months too late,...  ^.^;

No way am I gonna commit the mistake again of spreading myself thin with a hundred million different projects and never being able to finish a single one.  I'm not even 100% sure I'll be useful to you for the desktop assistant, but at least I'm more confidant with that project since it doesn't require even a 10th of the complexity as a full-blown RPG.  ^______^;

svetlana12ax7

hi i need more of this thing, can anyone tell me to the direct link for this kind ?
and i looking for the os tan series desktop mascot program
sample link below!
http://rapidshare.com/files/54049451/rbxpver2.1a.zip

galiant609

ummm... can I help?

How about using RPGXP as the game tool?

Alex S

Sorry for resurrecting this a year after its death, but this sounded like a good idea.  I have no idea how to program this but I have ideas: You can choose which team to be with (Win, Mac, Linux) and the choice alters the game (i.e. Windows team fights Macs and viruses, Mac team fights Windows and viruses, kind of like a difficulty setting.)

And an idea for a secret, hidden boss battle: Deranged ME-tan. She could probably inadvertently destroy the internet in an insane state, it is up you you to calm her down after finishing the main game.

Also, why not be able to choose your character for each team?

Spade777

it would really be awesome as a long term project

Cockleshell

Talk about necro...

Also: IDEA! What if, you picked the linux team, and you sort of "kept" grubs and had to feed them kernels and roots to gain points?

urhur, [/pun]
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

AnimeTheme

As one grows up, he will start realizing the difference between an unfulfillable dream and a real project.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

NejinOniwa

He will also be able to tell the difference between a banana and its image...

...meaningly that the latter can be burned on cd.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

TheApp

I'm not so good at desing too, but you're loking for a engine too, right? If yes, you should take a look at Scirra Construct - it's freeware and I saw somewhere that is damn easy to create plataform games with it.

Well, if you didn't gived up on it yet.

Chocofreak13

y'know, i've always wanted to use rpg maker to do something like this, but haven't had the time.

maybe once i get a better co9mputer i'll reset argo to XP and start the project. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Quantum

WARNING:  Unrelated Thought INBOUND!
---
I was thinking that the cast of OS-tans would be good for a one-off Touhou-y game (yknow, shmup levels with character bosses at the end of each)

The question is, who would be the playable characters?  There could only be about 2-3.

NejinOniwa

Well, depends on the setup...

You could go with, say, Linux-tan/XP-tan/Sonata (the classic trio), 95/2k/XP (the M$ contenders), XP/Vista/7 (the new NT's), or just something else random...it all depends on who the bosses are. I mean, you could easily just throw together, say, a game with OpenVMS/BSD/Viru-tan or something, to battle the Windows family or whatnot, but it has to be feasible story-wise as well...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

nej, the classic trio is ME, 2k, and XP. like neopolitan ice cream. :3
click to make it bigger