7-tan(Noob's Design)(loli!)

Started by Alex_Reetz, October 19, 2008, 12:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Me, oil? What do you think I'd use that for, eh?

I were, however, the one who stole a couple of blueprints from the navy last thursday... -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kiso

Woah... I guess that people DO get into making the '-tans' right from the "Milestone" stages... should have noticed that from the many Longhorn designs.

Anyways... I read the whole thread, here's my thoughts on things...

OP's Design: Cute.... not the "WOW" kind of drawing abilities, but cute.

Nuker's Design: That's fairly close to what I was thinking... and you even have good sense of representation.

VonDaab: Going classic are we? lol That's a nice touch of 2k there... though the real resemblance should be more Vista-oriented. Still, good one there dude.

+Nijiura+'s Design: Eeeh... I don't like it. Somehow, it looks to me like they took Naruto and Konahamaru and made them do some kind of weird "Fusion Style: OS-tan Jutsu" or something. Hmm... maybe it's their way of saying, "hey, it's Vista, but better." They somehow failed though... too much yellow... way too many sevens (as if we didn't know it was Win7-tan)... oh, and ninjas are so last OS.

But yeah, that might change as the OS comes to full release, like what happened with Vista.

Anyways, I also noted you people were pondering on 7's personality... I can do research on 7 to see how much of it can be applied into the designs... dunno' how accurate my info would be until official release though.

EDIT: At this point... I still am thinking what Shichiko (7-tan) should look like... maybe I will have my hand doddle it up to see how my thoughts compare to your designs people. Might not show them though. lol
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Nuker

Thanks. I still think the design could be improved though. That's why I'd really like to see your doodles/ideas. 7-tan is meant to be a 'community design', so yeah, if you have some drawings please show them, it's not like you can draw ings can be worse than the ones I posted, anyway.

(BTW, I've praticed, and my drawing skills -have- improved, but full-body drawings are still a real pain to draw. But I'm slowly getting better at them, too.)

Since MS will release the public beta in a month or two, I think it'd be nice to have some sort of beta-version of 7-tan ready by then. What do you think?

VonDaab

Oh you're still alive. Thats good to hear.

Beta 7-tan? sure, why not. Though, what do you mean with a "Beta-version"?

Nuker

Yeah, I have been busy with my uni exams (and I still am, don't question the mess that is the Italian university system if you don't want to get headaches) but I'm very much alive, thank you.

By beta-version, I don't mean a special version of 7-tan, but a 7-tan design that takes into account all the features of the beta and that may change when windows 7 is released.

Alex_Reetz

I like nuker's design, but the others are kinda eh.

I am testing out windows 7 for a design, but i wanna keep the loli persona.

I have a odd feeling the yellow was influenced by me( judging i spreaded my design like wildfire) i loled.

ALSO: WTF IS WITH THE NINJA SHIT! 95-tan was understandable, but vista  and 7's design's trans needs to die.

hicamajig

I like nuker's, and vondaab's 3rd design the best from what I have seen. OP's and nijiura's were alright.

Nuker

I'm Beta-ing Windows 7 right now :P

There should still be something like a milion and a half beta-keys by Microsoft around, so go grab one! ^^

On a side note, my scanner kinda died on me, so you'll have to wait a bit for my 7-tan drawings.

VonDaab

Eh, I would try the beta, but my PC is way too underpowered for that thing.

Nuker

Quote from: "VonDaab"Eh, I would try the beta, but my PC is way too underpowered for that thing.

Are you sure? The system requirements are these:

1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor;
1 GB of system memory;
16 GB of available disk space;
support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128MB memory (in order to enable Aero theme);
DVD-R/W drive;
Internet connection (to download the Beta and get updates)

VonDaab

This is what my comp says:
1.8Ghz = yes.
512Mb shared RAM = no.
500GB HDD = yes.
64Mb VRAM = no.

So... for me to run that, I'd need a lot more ram and a better Graphics card.(which in this PC is integrated, so no chance for update)

Smokey

Holy S***!!!
Since when did wind'ohs require so much HDD space?!

Oh wait i exclaimed that at Vista too...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

VonDaab

Quote from: "Smokey"Holy S***!!!
Since when did wind'ohs require so much HDD space?!

Oh wait i exclaimed that at Vista too...
Yeah, remember the days when a Windows could fit into 7 diskettes...

NejinOniwa

I remember that too, except it was 95 diskettes.

...LULZY. >w<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

heh i remember that dos was 1.44 MB (and the day that that 386 got win 95 installed on it... :D)...

But even XP'll fit on a 5GB partition with room to spare...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^