MorphOS 2.1 Monarch Butterfly Early Preconcept Sketch

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, October 17, 2008, 07:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

I just made an early preconcept sketch of MorphOS-TAN 2.1.

Design, character, details, infos:

MOS 2.1 is a 14 years old girl who loves playing softball...

As baseball she uses an Amiga Boing Ball...

When she receives Amiga Boing ball in her catcher glove, then emits light, and transform itself in an energy blue MorphOS butterfly...

Hope you will enjoy it.  ;010

-----

You may ask why I attached the file instead to link OSTAN galleries...

Unfortunately I had to attach the draw, because I could not upload it on my personal gallery in OSTAN-Collections gallery space.

Any time I finish the upload procedure, the server answers me:

"Last file could not be placed"...

;018

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

Hmm... Is this character so different from the other MOS-tans that I could not be posted in the older thread?

Oh well...
Her ball-holding hand looks bit dislodged at the shoulder and the humerus bone seems bit too long. Well, both of her arms are bit too long.(wrists should be at crotch level)
Neck bit too long and "tubelike".
Rest looks good.

Her design seems slightly plain, but cant really say more because I really havent researched MorphOSs outlook.

Also, THE MONARCH!!

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"....haaaa?
Uh oh.... Someone's missed an awesome TV-serie.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"Hmm... Is this character so different from the other MOS-tans that I could not be posted in the older thread?

Well, seems to me far better more polite and clear to make a new thread for any new real character created...

As long as previous MorphOS-TAn characters are more MAJOKKO magical girls, while MOS 2.1 is only a common girl with a special glove, it seems to me necessary create a new thread for distinguish it...

Oh well...
Her ball-holding hand looks bit dislodged at the shoulder and the humerus bone seems bit too long. Well, both of her arms are bit too long.(wrists should be at crotch level)
Neck bit too long and "tubelike".
Rest looks good.

Well, thanks, but this sketch has nothing interesting in anatomy, it is just a general compositing of the whole character without any will in precision...  ^_^

Her right hand is intentionally supposed to be photographed while catched in a moment in which she is moving her arm, shaking and waving it uncoordinated, to make muscles and shoulder fluid and soft...

A precise anatomy of the arm holding the ball (if IN POSE) should be like the right arm of a Riace bronze statue "A"...

And YES... I totally scrapped her neck... ;156  ;170

However I apprecciate your look at anatomy details and your critics...

If you want to, you can use this image and superimpose it any graphical correction as a teacher with blue pencil (red pencil = error BLUE pencil = BIG error)

Also, THE MONARCH!!

Is he a famous villain?  ;138

Seems to me some sorta design look of Osamu Tezuka cartoons...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

VonDaab

I tried to fix the errors, but I ended up tracing the whole thing, thus redrawing it...

I tried to keep the same proportions that were in the old drawing, so some things might be bit wrong. Also, I cant draw proper hands nor baseball gloves...

And that monarch guy... Venture Bros. (wiki it or something)

Bella

She's cute, Raffaele! I really can't critique anything that hasn't already been said, though.

And VonDaab, nice inking. :)

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"I tried to fix the errors, but I ended up tracing the whole thing, thus redrawing it...

I tried to keep the same proportions that were in the old drawing, so some things might be bit wrong. Also, I cant draw proper hands nor baseball gloves...

Ohoo... Bravo!  ;012

Yes, now I see your point...

But BTW the hands you drawn are almost correct... What was your problem in baseball hands and gloves?

My baseball glove was even worst than yours...

Seems to me both hands are almost correct...  ;018

Are you over-critic about your own works?  ;138  

-----

Call me crazy but your draw of MorphOS-TAN 2.1 recalls me something of Sigourney Weawer, the actress...  o_o

-----

QuoteAnd that monarch guy... Venture Bros. (wiki it or something)

Venture Bros. eh? Thanks for the info...  ;010

I made a note to myself to check that anime...
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

VonDaab

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"Are you over-critic about your own works?  ;138
Yes.

QuoteCall me crazy but your draw of MorphOS-TAN 2.1 recalls me something of Sigourney Weawer, the actress...  o_o
It's the hair.
But that just means that she got some retro feeling, and thats good.

QuoteVenture Bros. eh? Thanks for the info...  ;010

I made a note to myself to check that anime...
Yes, it's awesome, but not an anime.
Amerikkkan produced cartoon you see.

EDIT

Redrew the redraw, now without tracing.

C-Chan

Yo Raffaele-san,
Good to see you're being taken care of, but like I said about the older sketches you showed me, why not let 2.1-chan be simply MOSChan2 grown up some more?  '__'

QuoteYou may ask why I attached the file instead to link OSTAN galleries...

Unfortunately I had to attach the draw, because I could not upload it on my personal gallery in OSTAN-Collections gallery space.

Any time I finish the upload procedure, the server answers me:

"Last file could not be placed"...

Ah yes, I can confirm this problem, but there's nothing we can do about it aside from asking Fedora-Tan to fix the problem.  I'm already tired of doing that time after time, so hopefully someone else can take care of it this time.

Just PM him -- the notification will be forwarded to his private email.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"

Redrew the redraw, now without tracing.

I like the color scheme...  ;010

But IMHO the torso is strange... too tight... It is something like she has breasts but no lungs in the chest... ;138

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"Yo Raffaele-san,
Good to see you're being taken care of, but like I said about the older sketches you showed me, why not let 2.1-chan be simply MOSChan2 grown up some more?  '__'

Because I consider 2.0 almost dead...  ;020

1.4.5 is still alive because it is still in use by persons like me who couldn't afford 2.0/2.1...

2.0 lasted three months then was soon replaced by 2.1 to correct various bugs... So all people who had 2.0 soon replaced it with 2.1. Also 2.0 online download is no longer available...

As all butterflies, 2.0 Vanessa had a brief life... ;026  ;hi
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

C-Chan

.......................................Wait a sec...

You mean that cute adorable darling little girl I drew is supposed to be dead no?  @____@;

Tis a cruel world, I know,... but in this case, yeah,... uh.... no.  ^^

The C-chan must lodge a complaint now.  -v-

*sets up road block and protest signs*

Bella

^

I so agree. I've always thought to each his own, but it's sooooo much easier to get along with as few characters as possible.

I mean, by this reasoning we could have more Unix-sama's than you can count on two hands. But all the Unix releases, from UNICS to System 10, are considered the same character, just at different ages.

Aurora Borealis

NOOOOOO!!! They killed MOS2-chan!!

A real bummer too, as I liked MOS2-chan and thought she had a lot of potential. Still, I like MOS2.1-chan as well. She is very cute and sporty! :D

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"NOOOOOO!!! They killed MOS2-chan!!

A real bummer too, as I liked MOS2-chan and thought she had a lot of potential. Still, I like MOS2.1-chan as well. She is very cute and sporty! :D

I am still launching orrible curses since september, when 2.0 was dismissed, as I really sweated blood to draw her the best I can...

I wonder if it is the moment for a choice...

Use MOS-TAN 2.0 with different colors and consider her 2.1, while this new TAN actually called 2.1 could be renamed as 3.0, when it will be available MOS 3.0...

(Really MOS 3.0 already exists and runs on MACMINI... I saw a prerelease screenshot naming it 3.0)

What do you think folks?

Should I use 2.0 Vanessa design as reference for any 2.X MOS release, and keep 2.1 Monarch for being 3.0 in the future?

I hav my ideas about life and death of OS-TANS... Minor releases rapidly upgraded with no users left, should be considered dead...

But for a matter of improve this community, I think that the decision about life and death of MOS-TAN 2.0 must stay in your will...

Now it is up to you...

Choose and vote:

"YES" to MOS 2.0 to live and MOS 2.1 to became 3.0

"NO" to let MOS 2.0 to die and being replaced by MOS 2.1
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]