What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I recently realized the first anime I remember seeing was Speed Racer; I remember watching this...oh, I don't even know how old I was...probably 6 or so...

CaptBrenden

QuoteWoah, that musta been pimpin' o__o I watched some Black Lagoon on a big screen at Sakura kon, but that was the only anime I watched while I was there >.> It was pretty good.

indeed! it was much fun watching it, and the english voice actors wernt that bad. Really too bad about geneon US closing its doors.. they will never finish dubbing it.. ~_~  Anyhow, It was dissapointing that it was one of the few times during the con that I got to hang out with the toki :( Hanging out before the con was teh awsome :3
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

JA8956 / Patrick

my first one was Spirited Away

Smokey

Spirited away, you say?...

Hmmm.. that sounds interesting...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Smokey

OMG!!!
Did you see how hard they raped the title when they translated it into Dutch?! Man, Dutch is LAME!

Oh, eehm, sorry for bashing my native language before thanking you for the link...
It looks good. :D I'll go watch it ( i do hope that it's not licensed yet, because the nearest anime/manga store is 30 miles away and it's REALLY small, so they probably wouldn't have it right there)...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

JA8956 / Patrick

try amazon , they are good and cheap 10â,¬ are fine for it , !

Smokey

Hmm, that would be a great way to get Anime on DVD the way i like it...
(I now have Japanese dubs, wich is good, and dutch subs, wich i don't like...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Everything sucks when dubbed.

Damn near everything, at least.

Some things, however, suck so much they become OH HILARITY.

Also, doesn't everything sound awfully awkward when translated into your native language, especially from Japanese...?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Yeah, only i once watched Ice Age with Flemmish dubs...Now THAT was hilarious... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Raffaele the Amigan

Although I must say this thread is strange because official thread "your introduction to anime" already exists here:

http://www.ostan-collections.net/topic-169.html

...but I want to comment here because I want to answer to NejinOniwa and Toki who have a question:

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Ok, off-topicness detected.

To return a bit, any of you guys know any viking Animu? I's detected shortage much, ef.

Quote from: "Toki"Viking anime... viking anime... Record of Lodoss War almost... not really. I don't remember. o.o It's been a while.

As I said in the other thread there is an interesting Anime of 1974 that in Italy it is named "Vicky il Vichingo" and original name was "Chîsana baikingu Bikke" [EDIT]original german name is "Wickie" [/EDIT] and it is a co-production of Austria + Germany + Japan.

I believe it should be japanese animation while characters are german...

I remember it because it was the first japanese anime in Italy, and it is historically remebered for that.

I saw it and was quite good (even if a bit linear in the plot) and sure aimed at child audience.

Also I remember a Viking movie from TOEI, in which Hayao Miyazaki realized the Character Design.

Film was a flop in Japan, and sure it is very very very SAAAAD plot movie,  But Miyazaki was so good that he became very respected and gained many positions in TOEI management...

Movie was called in Italy with various names, because it was considered sad and violent and it presented a very lame editing of the scenes of the story (european cuts? american cuts? censorship cuts?), and marketing tried to change its name to enhance its poor appeal.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_grande_avventura_del_piccolo_principe_Valiant

I don't know if there are english version (but sure there should be one... At least now that Miyazaki has become famous, a modern version of this movie then it should had been re-mastered)...

Name of this film is "La grande avventura del piccolo principe Valiant" / "Il segreto della spada del sole" / Horus â€" Principe del Sole, original name is "Taiyo no ÅŒji - Horusu no daiboken".

So if you are searching for Vikings related anime now you know what to search for...

You can search for an entire serial cartoon, and also you can search for a movie...

[EDIT]

OK from articles of Wikipedia in my country I extended the search and I reached the english names and versions of both these anime...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking.

(YAY! I'M DA MAN!  :smoke: I knew it was original european character design... The article confirmed it...  ;010 )

Also I discovered that in Italy there are selling DVDs of Vicky...

Here this link brings you to the italian Opening theme from DVD:

http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=45fd9b0cc6d55f5d5f838cbfc3184a25

Here are some images:

As being orignally a german cartoon, I bet that Vicky should be famous in Germany too, in the seventies...

So it is more logical that there should exists also a german release of DVDs.
Also, German are famous to be precise, and very professional, so I hope that german version should feature multi-language soundtrakcs (german, english, japanese)...

Check for it on E-Bay or Amazon...

Also I found that american name of Prince Valiant/Horus is this:

"Little Norse Prince Valiant"...

Now check E-bay or Amazon or even the "Mule" for searching it, because it should be very very rare and I think it is not sold anymore...

[EDIT END]

Added after 46 minutes:

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Everything sucks when dubbed.

Damn near everything, at least.

Some things, however, suck so much they become OH HILARITY.

Also, doesn't everything sound awfully awkward when translated into your native language, especially from Japanese...?

Sorry, I could not subscribe your point of view...

Here in my country dubbing it is very professional, and often it reaches very high quality.

Unfortunately as here in Italy were dubbed more than 500 japanese cartoons, and many were imported in the seventies, there were an inflactioned market of anime, professional dubbers were used too often for real movies, and cartoons are considered just a market for childs, that it must receive no quality attention, and this lead to a certain number of lame dubs...

"Kimba the Lion" by Osamu Tezuka was sure LAME dubbed here in Italy.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Itachi_uchiha

my first anime...mmm
dragon ball? xD
yea...
but...captain tsubasa maybe...
i don´t remember >.<

mpoon

Voltron.  Old old anime kind of like power rangers except in the late 80's

Rulix

"Los Caballeros del Zodiaco"   or Knights of The Zodiac. =)

After it, Dragon ball came second.

Aegis303

I ve watched a few animes when i was small, but the first one i watched should be either Yu Yu hakusho, dragonball Z, or slam dunk.