PC-DOS-tan & PTS-DOS-tan

Started by C-Chan, September 04, 2006, 04:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

Woo, more meganekkos! Like Darknight-san said, PC-DOS-tan's expression is priceless; one can imagine she's been working like a nut for the past few months and now vents her feelings on someone who she thinks doesn't understand English. Oh yeah, and her glasses are omega-cool! ^_^

The PTS-DOS-tan... I might've seen the Miss Russia before in telly, as the first impression about her was that 'whoa, she really looks like a Russian-speaking OS'. I think that's the case. Well, that and the fact C-Chan'd mentioned PTS-DOS-tan only speaking Russian and... yeah. ^^; Good work, very good. *nods frantically*

NewYinzer

Bios for each OS-tan would be cool...
*scribbles notes*
Hmm...ideas. Lots of fun ideas, so little time. I guess that trying to revive Chevy Chase's career will have to wait...

C-Chan

QuoteWoo, more meganekkos! Like Darknight-san said, PC-DOS-tan's expression is priceless; one can imagine she's been working like a nut for the past few months and now vents her feelings on someone who she thinks doesn't understand English. Oh yeah, and her glasses are omega-cool!

Hmm,... I wonder if now would be a good time to say that those glasses aren't really mine.  They're literally just a rendition of MS-DOS-tan's glasses but from a different angle.  But oh well, at least it means I got the imitation part right.  ^__^

And yes, how you describe the exchange is spot-on.  That's why PTS-DOS-tan is my favorite, not just 'cause of the conflict of interest (she's 100% my design, and all... ^^'), but because she has a very caring side that a lot of people overlook, though in part due to the language barrier.  (That, and the hair...  ^^)

And yes, let the Meganekos come marching in!  ^V^
I can assure you, there WILL be more.  In fact, all x86 DOS-tans will require some eye wear in some shape or form.  -v-

QuoteThe PTS-DOS-tan... I might've seen the Miss Russia before in telly, as the first impression about her was that 'whoa, she really looks like a Russian-speaking OS'. I think that's the case. Well, that and the fact C-Chan'd mentioned PTS-DOS-tan only speaking Russian and... yeah. ^^; Good work, very good. *nods frantically*

Hmmmmmmm,....  `)'

*examines Pitkin suspiciously*

Well okay, I'll buy that.  `v'
But admittedly, she does take some getting used to since her design is so unusual and I didn't make her precisely drop-dead cute.  Interestingly-enough, I originally planned for a more "vixen" OS-tans, with designer clothing and a cosmoplitan attitude towards her.  But three things:

1) Given the nature of the systems, didn't think arrogance fit any of the DOS-tans.  Even PC-DOS-tan, who often acts arrogant, is really only trying to [over-] compensate for her vulnerabilities.

2) The clothing wouldn't have fit her craft, and besides I definitely didn't want to pay homage to the real-life "oligarchs".  ^__^;

3) The glasses were originally meant to be small and thin, but a picture of a Russian girl with those thick glasses inspired me otherwise.  She wasn't gorgeous but she was,... how shall I say this,... "pleasant".

So in the end, I switched to a more down-to-earth look, a very pleasant and unassuming OS-tan who regardless is still extraordinarily capable (if she can handle those basket weaves every morning, she can do anything!  ^v^').

QuoteBios for each OS-tan would be cool...
*scribbles notes*
Hmm...ideas. Lots of fun ideas, so little time. I guess that trying to revive Chevy Chase's career will have to wait...

Patience, my dear NewYinzer, patience....  One day, the bios shall be done....  -v-

But I still need some heights....

I crave for some credible heights...!

I yeeeeeeeeeearn for credible heights!  

Please give me my fix, dude!  @v@

*laughs maniacally*

*runs off to measure random OS-tans*

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Wow, what did I say about this being a breeze compared to last week?!!  X__X

Damn you PTS-DOS-tan and your exotic hairstyle!  \ _ /

But anyway, I'm back but not for long, so.....  ^__^'

I really should just shut up and call these "Post n Run" sessions....  -v-'

Two bits of good news!  ^__^

A)  Don't know how it happened, but I'm a Pig again!!!  WOOHOO!!  ^V^

*hugs self*
*kisses ground*
*rummages in trash*

It's good to be The Pig....  ^__^

B)  I'm finished with PC-DOS-tan and PTS-DOS-tan.  Hit a couple of snags, but finally got them more-or-less where I want them.  Enjoy...!  ^v^

- Note that the strong resemblance between PC-DOS-tan and MS-DOS-tan is purely intentional.  (they're twin sisters)

- And yes, that's a REAL hairstyle.  A Miss Russia contestant wooed me with her hair and I just HAD to put it on a OS-tan.  All I can say is that it's..... different.....  -v-'

- The text on PTS-DOS-tan's sweater reads "PTS-DOS" in cyrillic (well,... half of it, anyway....).

- Like MS-DOS-tan's keyboard, PC-DOS-tan always carries around her IBM thinkpad.  PTS-DOS-tan is currently carrying a giant nut driver, but she alternates computer tools based on whatever project she's working on at any given time.

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

Don't mind me if I take five, since that was quite a brutal undertaking....  X__x

But I will return to check on all the other posts....  ^^'

*scampers away*

Great work again! Just like Wikipedia promises....ongoing nice new characters!  ;019

Not to mention that those two have the almost the same resemblance as MS-DOS-tan especially PTS-DOS face expression  ;019

And what a nice senses for you to have the idea of adding the IBM thinkpad around PC-DOS

Overall great job! Thanks for that C-chan!  ;010

C-Chan

Thank you as always, Alfamille.
I figure I'm doing something right if I keep attracting those clapping Smilies.  ^.^

PC-DOS-tan is a given (MS-DOS-tan's twin sister), but you think PTS-DOS-tan looks like her too?  '__'

*stares at cute PTS-DOS-tan long and hard*

Hmmmmmmmm,.....  Well maybe just a little,....... Certainly has pigtails and a schoolish-type dress..... And a somber expression........  ^^

DR-DOS and QDOS might be a big departure though, since they're infinitely more GENKI by comparison.    ^v^

Kami-Tux

A QDOS-tan? I thought they were only of OSes... not sure whether QDOS even qualifies as one, it was so featureless...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

HAHA!!  Noooowwwww he tells me, after she's been on a roadmap for over a month....  ^___^

But rest assured, regardless of how simple and featureless she may be, as long as she's listed as an "OS" (hence QD-OS), she gets easy admission.  ^.^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QDOS

I have a lot more trouble with these additional -tans on the roadmap:

GEM - not, or at least didn't begin life as, an OS but rather as a GUI shell for DOS and other non-graphical OS.  Could still work this into a part of her personality, though (like saying she tries too act too much like a real OS, as if she were harboring some terrible secret).  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

C-One - the only Hardware-tan given priority on my list since she offers the Binteji Renmei much potential for humor.  Her actual character won't even be human, but android instead.  

BASH - popular command line shell, but you should know this huh?  `v'
Also gave her priority since she can offer a little humor to the Linux and Unix-tans.  -v-

C-Chan

*sniff*

Well, at least now all the DOSSE members will be together in one spot...  ^v^

All DOSSE-related material has been moved to the Annex, where updates will regularly be posted.  ^__^

*sniff*

Again, thank you all for participating in this thread.  ;^v^;
Time to close shop now....

*shakes can of spray paint*

X

CaptBrenden

seriosly.. with the huge deal your making.. I dont know why you didnt make a huge thread for your project to begin with...

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.