What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

I saw the original Ghost in the Shell when I was nine or so... I drew buff women in skin tight suits for months afterwards >_>
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Hey...Toki's back.... YAY!!! :D

Anywayz... Since I can't really draw... I've ben trying to figure out AI and Cybernetics since I saw GITS.... I still believe it's alot simpler than it looks, all we need to do is map our entire nervous system, program a suitable processor system and hook it up... Then we could use it for great medical advancements...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Toki

Um... yes ._. Mapping our entire nervous system is a peice of cake.... Mm cake <3

I'm doing my best to stay on topic!! So. The first animated movie to ever really have an impression on me was Heavy Metal xD Which I saw when I was four. I remember it very vividly.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

To be brutally honest my first anime was actually DBZ, but i didn't like it much, cuz the story just looped and looped...
My first proper Anime wat the old-skool-classic Akira... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

HIGH FIVE. * does it * Akira is so amazing, even if just for the fact that it was animated at 20 fps... * drools *
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

*high five's Toki* Yeah! Akira roolz... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

Robert

I enjoyed Akira. I was able to see it projected on an auditorium screen during a free showing at a university.

Toki

Woah, that musta been pimpin' o__o I watched some Black Lagoon on a big screen at Sakura kon, but that was the only anime I watched while I was there >.> It was pretty good.

Added after 2 minutes:

I just realized I never really watch anime at anime conventions xD I can watch animoos on my own time, you know o__o But it's good for people who don't have access to lots of animes I guess... Can they only show licensed anime at cons?
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

I would guess they can... (only show licensed anime)

Although over here (in holland) it's really confusing to understand what's what...
Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

My first was MMPPP. I kind of watched it on accident...
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Smokey

Eeeehm baffled here, MMPPP????
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, wikipedia tells me, and it looks like something i'd watch when i'm in a "Heck-why-not" mood, but i'm very title sensitive... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

MMPPP...that sounds like A: a politic party somewhere WAY off, or B: a strange, muffled sound effect.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

What about GOTYE? LOL

Game Of The Year Edition...
Thanks Fedora-sama

RoyalKnight

First one I watched - I didn't even realize it was anime at the time. Teknoman / Tekkaman Blade, which has since become one of my favorite series after watching it again in Japanese.

First conscious anime would be Vampire Hunter D.

First conscious anime series would be Gundam Wing, like too many other people.

Thurosis

my First Anime that i watched....

It was the Anime Movie from Hayao Miyazaki "Laputa, Castle in the Sky"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!