Soul Calibur II

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33t 4g3nt

Does anyone here play Soul Calibur II?

(thread comes with a cheezy "Topic Description" also :P)

Q4(V)

soul calibur 3 is release this year in the uk, so just wait for tht.

...... i haven't played SC2 but played 1, more a tekken person ..... can't wait for tekken 5 it going to be more like Virtua Fighter u can customize ur character.  :ph34r:  

FabianN

Well, I don't own it or anything, but I've played it at other places, and... I love it.

And this is coming from someone that normaly does not really like fighting games.

L33t 4g3nt

QUOTE (Q4(V) @ Apr 27 2005, 10:56 PM)
soul calibur 3 is release this year in the uk, so just wait for tht.

...... i haven't played SC2 but played 1, more a tekken person ..... can't wait for tekken 5 it going to be more like Virtua Fighter u can customize ur character.  :ph34r: [/quote]
I know SC3 is coming out the end of this year. And I have Tekken 5...nothing spectacular about it at all, even compared to SC2.

The problem I have with Tekken 5 is not the graphics, but the actual game play. The Tekken series revolve around the move list, and having to get each and every command right to do an action. Too much focus is given to having to press the right buttons rather than the actual fighting. You could be attempting a combo, then get stuck on the nth string and would have to start over. You might be hitting "bam, bam, bam, bam, mess up"...The character practically pause and end up standing in one place and can't even dodged to the right or to the left because side ways movement is sooo choppy. Then you start again "bam, bam...hesitate because you pressed the next button too early or too late..." etc etc etc...

Soul Calibur II, and hopefully Soul Calibur III, is blessed with every simple commands, less demanding combos, and an exceptionally good side step (or to be more accurate "8-way run" because you can practically go into a "jog" and strafe left and right around the opponent, while in Tekken you're reduced to a painfully slow sidestep). The one thing I have to say about Soul Calibur is that the fighting is so smooth, quick, and if you're a good player, the fighting could be almost seamless, chaining one attack after another. In Soul Calibur, does not include the many long x-amount of button combos that Tekken has, but focuses more on chaining together short actions together, picking moves that transition easier with other moves therefore creating a "quasi-combo."

I could write more about Soul Calibur, but I have too much homework to do.

Favorite character(s): Cassandra & Xianqhua
Longest Winning Streak: 20-0
Best Quality Winning Streak: 16-0 at the arcade in the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)

Sfon DeltaNovus

Yes, but not in the arcades. I like SC2 a lot, and am planning on getting SC3.

So far I'm good enough with Cassandra that I can do reasonably well against the "hard" difficulty level, and am finally learning to block. It has taken a while for me to get used to it, since when I first played it both 3d fighters and use of a block button was rather new to me. I am thinking of starting to learn another character rather than play Cassie all the time now that I am getting the basics down, but I haven't decided who yet.
-Sfon-
The wizard who rides in a magical cardboard box.

L33t 4g3nt

I would try Raphael, for a second character.

I think Raphael would be an easy character to learn. Plus, he's pretty decent w/ his attacks and defense, and his speed is not bad.

Shana Koram

:neko: well all have favorite characters in the games is Soul Calibur 2 its magnifice and that more wait to the soul calibur 3 5 moths and tekken sages its not bat and haver its perfect game its are fan on the sage all start in the frist game and more options in the tekken 5 add in the same game and to underestimate characters in the combat of the two games
Windows Xp Systems its the most powerfull in microsoft corporation

L33t 4g3nt

uh yea...Soul Calibur 2 is L337!!! EVERYBODY SAY IT WITH ME!

SOUL CALIBUR 2 1S T3H L337!!!!!!!!!!111111111 T3H L33T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shana Koram

:neko: yea its all greatfull soul calibur 2 its up and not have in the great game of few mouths and most people have the game if the videogame in the console

destroyrhawk

omg I enjoy soul calibar II alot.  My favorite character is Taki.  She is fast, a great acrobat, and some good damaging combos.  Plus she can distract males  that are prone to watching things wobble and bulge out of clothing.  Too bad there wasn't any skirts to distract those that like panty shots lol.  My secondary character would have to be Astaroth and the chaos made by his huge axe

Shana Koram

;010 taki its most efective with the combos and have a fast thecniques with other characters the problem its the air attacks its miss you with the ring out and have a fall attack be carrefull those attacks