What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyD

s'okay.

we still love ya. haha ^^

NewYinzer

I am currently not watching Anime of any sort. However, I'm hooked on the American animated serieses South Park and Dilbert. Still, that moped seems sweet.

Alex Stankevitch

Well im watching a few at the moment and my list moves VERY fast:

Final Approach:

One evening a 15yr old girl uses a jet pack to burst into a lads apartment and tells him that she is his fiance. This happened because there is a lack of childbirths in Japan and the government is using a supercomputer to link couple's together. As of now ive only watched the first episode...

To Heart 2 (waiting on episode 13):

Its a story about one lad who doesnt do soo well with girls but manages to make friends with a few. One of them is an alien, there are a couple of twins who are complete opposites of eachother, there is a quite teachers pet sort of girl, a tom-boy type of girl and the older girl. Not to mention the younger childhood friend who has fallen in love with the boy though he doesnt realise it, thats why im waiting for the last episode.

Ouran High School Host Club

You know the story to that  ;010

Mahou Senshi Negima

The story is about a 10yr old welsh boy who comes to an all-girls school in Japan and becomes their homeroom teacher, though he cant tell anyone he is a magician. This makes all sorts of problems for "Negi" as all the girls are older than him. This has been released on DVD.

Powerpuff Girls Z:

Basically its like Sailor Moon but with a powerpuff girl twist to it, I find it interesting.

Bokura Ga Ita:

A romance based anime with some humor as Nana and Yano love eachother but arnt completely sure what to do ect ect. I think its kind of slow but a good watch when your tired.

Ive also got these on my list to watch:

Kanon
Shakugan no Shana
Bokura Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru
I"s Pure
Girls Bravo[/b]

NewYinzer

It looks like a few people here are watching the same thing. Feel free to talk about it. I'll be here, sipping S. Pellegrino.

SleepyD

Alex: interesting list... ^^
I don't know very many of them, since usually I go for more action-y, serious ones.  Although, Jeff knows he needs funny in his life.
I liked Shakugan no Shana.  There was a bit too much loli for some of my friends tho. lol

Ouran is great.  I don't know if I can start a discussion about it tho. ^^;

I know Darknight has seen Higurashi.  Where is he?

well, I'll be back. discuss discuss. ^^

NewYinzer

I suppose that I would like action ones with romance, but South Park is on, so...
*sips S. Pellegrino*

Darknight_88

Quote from: "SleepyD"
I know Darknight has seen Higurashi.  Where is he?
buried alive by a mountain of homework
_o_

Yeah, I'm currently watching Higurashi (downloaded the latest episode, but can't watch it due to homework).

Also, I'm dowloading:
-Gundam Seed Stargazer (episode 2 just came out)
-Innocent Venus
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Welcome to the NHK

And in the waiting list (downloaded the entire series, but haven't see it)
-Genshiken (5 episodes)
-Rozen Maiden Traumend
-Jinki Extend

NewYinzer

QuoteYeah, I'm currently watching Higurashi (downloaded the latest episode, but can't watch it due to homework).

Downloaded, eh? Where are you getting the downloads from?

Darknight_88

NewYinzer

Peer-to-peer, eh? I use Limewire for music, perhaps I should consider BitTorrent for TV shows...

Ultimaninja

I'm re-watching Jing: King of Bandits.
Great anime, and just as great re-watching it...though not as great when in english dubbed...

Alex Stankevitch

Oh yea, im also watching Zero no Tsukaima, thats a good one. And Welcome to NHK when I dont have anything else.

I get all mine from BitTorrent via www.animesuki.com and for the older ones I use www.torrentspy.com

NewYinzer

I might give it a try.

Cover my back, Dr. Norton.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex Stankevitch

LOL, as of now ive completed Kaykuusei 2 and Final Approach.

Kaykuusei 2 is slow but it takes alot of understanding power and using your brain for the story. Not much in the way of plot-building as some episodes are interweived in a strange way involing time. If you want to watch be either half asleep or ready to comprehend.

Final Approach is like an average Government makes some poor lad have a wife anime, similar to Rizelmine without the Ecchi parts. Makes for an ok watch when you dont have anything else.

NewYinzer

QuoteKaykuusei 2 is slow but it takes alot of understanding power and using your brain for the story. Not much in the way of plot-building as some episodes are interweived in a strange way involing time. If you want to watch be either half asleep or ready to comprehend.

Like...2001: A Space Odyssey?