Main Menu

Linux Distros

Started by C-Chan, July 19, 2006, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

I might want to add an AMIX-tan to the list, but maybe later (besides, she'd be technically a Unix-descendant).  Still not sure if I want to make her living or simply mentioned in passing.

Aha, Darknight's gonna try the "school teacher" approach for Minix-tan.  If you ask my opinion, she sort of looks like a teacher already.  Something about the hair and the book....  -v-

And dear GAWDS, did I read that correctly....  @o@

*stares at sentence*

*stares at Darknight's avatar*

Impossible,... Surely the greatest of the great 95-tan uber fanboys is not making an OS/2-tan drawing!!  @o@'

I probably misread,... maybe he meant "95-tan drawing"....!  ^o^'

ACK!

Or I got it....

Could it possibly be....

A drawing depicting OS/2-tan being shish-kababed by 95-tan's Katana!!!!  @o@;
(Through IBM's fault again, no doubt.)

*gasp*  WOAH!!!  WHAT A TRULY SUGOI SITUATION!!!!  *v*

*ditches flag, grabs pompoms and starts cheering Darknight on*

A la bim, a la bom, a la bim-bom-bam!!!
Darknight, darknight, ra-ra-RAH!!!!  ^V^

C-Chan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
QuoteI haven't started to work with integrals yet. Actually, we're seeing logarithms and derivatives. Next semester follows Integrals.

Me neither. I'm just starting Trig this year. Seriously, we should get this thread on track, or Pitkin will be angered.

Don't worry.  ^__^

A)  This isn't an admin thread, so there's not the same taboo here.

B)  This is also MY thread, and I'm very permissive of tangents.  ^_-

C)  In any case, you're talking about schoolwork and that's useful regardless of the original topic.  ^__^

NewYinzer

QuoteI might want to add an AMIX-tan to the list, but maybe later (besides, she'd be technically a Unix-descendant). Still not sure if I want to make her living or simply mentioned in passing.

Aha, Darknight's gonna try the "school teacher" approach for Minix-tan. If you ask my opinion, she sort of looks like a teacher already. Something about the hair and the book.... -v-

For some reason, the prospect of an AMIX-tan or upgraded Minix-tan doesn't appeal to me as much...

*continues waving*

C-Chan

Fufufu,... ^.^
Neither will an EXEC-tan or a TOPS-tan, but they both have to get done eventually.  Too much history is riding on them.  -v-

NewYinzer

An IBM-PC-tan would be nice...

C-Chan

But,... that would be a hardware-tan again, no?  ^___^'
Then again, I wouldn't mind another pic like this:  ^.^

C-Chan added the following  11 minutes after last message :

BTW, I probably will mention AMIX-tan in passing after all.  Not only is she too obscure, but she'll probably be deceased as well -- one of the traumas that Amiga-tan has but keeps bottled up.

Don't mean to bring severity to what was once mostly comedy, but comparatively-speaking the Window-tans have had it very easy (post 3.1-tan, at least), and continue to be rich, popular, comfortable and more-or-less intact.  By contrast, the vintage -tans have lived through a lot, having had their fair share of triumphs and disappointments, prosperity and bankruptcy, unions and separations.....

*sad sigh*  -__-

SleepyD

hm... which brings up the idea of a more serious OS-tan comic...

haha, I love that pic.

C-Chan

Yeah, it'd be great to pursue a serious comic idea.
Can't say I have no shortage of funny, normal and serious story ideas.

But as always, time is our enemy.  -____-

DAMN YOU TIME!!!  ^0^

*contemplates drawing a Time-tan to slap her silly*

SleepyD

it would be like... one of those fictional things based on history and overly-dramatized. haha

C-Chan

Oh yeah, the 1989 "Purge" that left poor Lisa-tan traumatized is probably an over-dramatization of actual events.  ^.^'

But hey, I'm sure OS-tans see things a lot more differently than we end users do.  ^-^'

BTW, if you don't mind me being just the least bit curious, did you,.... you know.... um............?

*twiddles hooves bashfully*

Start,...... "the" drawing.......?  ^___^'

SleepyD

yesh, started... although, no artistic piece. just a bunch of doodles.

playing around with details here. ^^

C-Chan

Still,... SUGOI, SUGOI!!!!!!!  ^V^

*bows and grovels with appreciation before the great SleepyD*

Agent_Dark_Booty

I have some ideas, particularly for <a href="www.dragonflybsd.org" alt="DragonFly BSD">DragonFly BSD</a> and maybe a FreeBSD or two . . . but that'll come when I feel like finding the driver for that new printer I received . . . on an unrelated sidenote, anyone want a 486?

NewYinzer

Sound interesting. 486, eh? What OS is it running? I'll think about it, but only after I pry myself away from MegaTokyo...

C-Chan

Yo, the Agent hath returned!  ^v^
We're all ears on Dragonfly BSD.  For FreeBSD, you'd just be much-needed rio control, as there a number of would-be candidates floating around and few are particularly,..... well....... um.......  -___-'

Ahhh! All art has it's merit.s, so I won't say it.... ^__^

You know I used to own a 486 myself.  ^__^

Figure it'd be a great opportunity to test out all the vantage DOS-tans I'm drawing, but then again....
I'm still struggling to find the time to fix my SUSE machine....  -v-'

*sigh*

.....Oh, and NewYinzer......?

You reading Megatokyo now?  Ã,¬__Ã,¬
Question:  Are the characters finally out of that doggarn store?  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'
It seems like half the comic was stuck in that plot limbo....  -__-'

NewYinzer

ADB, the Dragonfly BSD sounds good, but I agree with C-Chan that with FreeBSD, you're gonna have problems.

QuoteYou reading Megatokyo now? Ã,¬__Ã,¬
Question: Are the characters finally out of that doggarn store? Ã,¬__Ã,¬'
It seems like half the comic was stuck in that plot limbo.... -__-'

Nope...still there. I'm up to strip 322 now, so it's a long road to travel. I checked the last strip, and it was the same store.