VonDaab's Art Corner

Started by VonDaab, December 21, 2007, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteHopefully seeming more of these my inspire me into making some of my own OS stuff.

Sounds great!

We are a very creative bunch around here ;010

VonDaab

Happened on friday:
*VonDaab gets home and boots his computer*

VonD: "Gee, I wonder what the interwebs has to offer me today"
*Clicks on browser icon*

Web Operator(?): ..."Oh, No you le won't" *Disconnects*

VonD: "OMGWTFBBQ!?"

The connection was cut off for 2½ days.
So I was without internet connection the weekend, how irritating.

Nevermind that.
I have been drawing, though nothing OS related.(in my opinion, there is no need for me to start posting irrelevant drawings in this thread)
At moment its my usual: No ideas ->No motivation ->Waste of time ->Annoyed ->Totaly not getting anything done ->Still annoyed.

Here I present a question, what way to go?
Any suggestions what to draw?

I've been testing the Mecha Musume thingie some. Currently, planning on
somekind of StuG III Ausf.G-tan, though StuG-tan has been already done like hundred of times.

Quote from: "Kiso"Hopefully seeming more of these my inspire me into making some of my own OS stuff.

*crashes thru a wall* OH YEAH!
It's always good with new art.
Inspiration? define it. Most people use the "lack of inspiration" just as a reason for their laziness. Henceforth, I have been using "lack of ideas" instead, eheh.

Gah! it's 00:48 and I already promised myself not to scan skribbles like this. meh, so this is some really early concept sketch of StuG-tan.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee258/VDaab/stugtan1.jpg
Some idea of making it bit more original by it being the StuG model that was in "wide" use in Finland in WW2.
I need to practice drawing tanks.

NejinOniwa

Oooh. Mecha musume. Hm hm hm -w-

If you want things to do, be sure to check in to the FOSA Preamble - hopefully we'll catch you there. Otherwise I have little ideas, and those I do have I hog for myself for the moment. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

Tiny tiny update.
Today on the way home I saw this one streetAdvertising with some lady dressed in a dress that looked like a bottle of some energy drink brand.
I came to think of "Energy drink-tan".
Lately I've been aswell playing on some Oekaki board, so I ended up making Energy drink-tan.

C-Chan

HOLY SMOKES!!!! Our very first Beverage-tan to boot!!!!!!!  @v@

Dang, VonDaab!  With all these pioneering feats, I'm gonna have to call you the Trailblazer soon.  ^____^'

This looks like an MSPaint job, so it's fabulously drawn in that context (and I do recall you have a bit of a cult following in the MSPaint thread, so  I think you know what I mean). That indentation around her waste freaks me out a bit though (like some invisible hand is pinchingher belly), but I assume that's from the shape of the energy drink bottle, no?  Would be nice to have her cap more visible, so it's easier to recognize that she's a sports drink.  ^.^

BTW, what's the brand name called?

VonDaab

Trailblazer..?

It's made with an Oekaki software, not mspaint.
If this would've been a MSPaint drawing, then I would've made it much better. meh.

Yeah her waist thingie is the forms of the bottle.
Cap got cut of because of the size limitations the Oekaki canvas had.
The real world Bottle:

Yeah, it's called ED, Energy Drink. I've never tasted it because im not really into the energy drinks.
I made her logo she got on her chest "ÖD". Just because I wasn't sure of the "copyright/advertising/or something issues" of the Oekaki site I originaly posted this picture on.

C-Chan

Trailblazer = "pioneer"

Oekaki, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oekaki

Aa sou,... now that you mention it, I do recall SleepyD talking about that every once in a while.  Very well, stand corrected -- looks fantastic for an Oekaki drawing.  -v-

*stares at bottle*

Yep, I knew it.  ^___^

Now you have to figure out which new pioneering effort you're gonna launch next....

VONDAAB LIST OF PIONEER-TANS:
======================

-Barcode
    -SU-47
    -ED Energy Drink
    -???

Bella

A drink-tan! I like her "cap" :P

BTW, did you draw your avatar?

VonDaab

Quote from: "Bella"BTW, did you draw your avatar?

That I did, Oekaki this one too.

Bella

Oooh, awesome! I really like the stylized look of it...

VonDaab

Pepsi-tan, fresh from the factory.

C-Chan

Let me guess,... Oekaki again, right?  ^____^

Haven't been a carbonated drink fan in decades, but doesn't mean I can't appreciate another cute beverage-tan.  This one has a more streamlined look (no visual tummy pinching) and visible cap -- and that trademark pout to your characters is still to die for.  ^__^

But whereas ED had a face that demanded cuddling, Pepsi-tan's expression very appropriately seems to say to me "I demand you pay me tribute in kidney stones!".  ^v^

VonDaab

Pout? My characters?

Yes, it's made with Oekaki.

VonDaab

StuG III AusfG-tan.

As a small note, even if this is the finnish version of the StuG, as far as I know none of them had the Armor "skirts".
I still added them because I like them.

Silentbob

You have Silentapproval, you art is immediatly accepted hello hey hello! :D  Or something like that. Keep up the good work, Von Daab.