Inkscape Tutorials

Started by C-Chan, August 26, 2007, 12:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

[Sorry to revive a (probably) old thread, but I felt like making my words be heard.]

Man... this is one nice tutorial. You should try making one with an adaptation for anime and/or manga. Or... you can develop more on creating complex effects that would be used in anime/manga. I would benefit from that... even though I found SVG to be quite easy to catch.

Either way, keep up the good work.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

C-Chan

Yo "Kissu".  ^___^

You actually caught me in mid-response to the FOSA thread, but figured I should probably put a word here too.

The tutorial was, as you say, meant to teach the reader how to use vector graphics to create Anime characters (as detailed in some of my earlier tutorials strewn around the forum, and as seen in the "Kagami" section).  However, I needed to cover basics first, which is why that's all you see up to this point.  

Truth is though, if we go forth with FOSA, then I think that will obsolete my Inkscape tutorial since users will be able to follow along INTERACTIVELY with what I was hoping to achieve with my tutorial.  And in a way that's a good thing for me,... cause hell, it takes quite a lot of time to write all this up.  ^^;

In any event,... if you'd like to study some of my drawings, feel free to check out my user gallery, as well as my "Open Sauced" SVGs in the Downloads section.  ^___^

Kiso

Well.. at least I have stuff to look on to that stuff you made... could help me get by learning stuff in a more interesting manner rather than "by-the-book" processes.

And yes, I know this one is more of the "learn-the-basics" thing, that was why I though of making the suggestion.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Tsubashi

Download quota is actually all used up for the month since tons of people downloaded ninjaku ^^'
Fedora-dono is the only one authorized to change those, but if you give me a moment I'll set up a mirror of the svg folder on my own sever.

Gomen nasai ^-^'
-Tsu

C-Chan

Ah good, Tsubashi-dono is here.  ^___^

In anticipation with FOSA, is there any way to make the SVG file format be attachable in a regular post?  I'd hate to have people stick them into ZIP files all the time.  ^^;

Tsubashi

Most certainly. I don't think we'll have security issues, so...

Done ^.^

Oh and, here's the link to the mirror ^.^

Edit

Obligatory test post

[attachment deleted by admin]
-Tsu

C-Chan

You're the best.  ^^

Kami-Tux' stuff is in there too, just so you know Kissu.  ^__'

Tsubashi

I wouldn't say "the best," especially since I might have to remove them. As you can see, any attached svg shows a live preview, and since svg is really just a type of xml, it wouldn't be too hard to code an XSS attack into one of them, or any number of other malicious things. Same principle behind the "No HTML" rule. I'll see what I can do to disable the live preview, though. ^.^'

Gomen nasai ^^'

Added after 7 minutes:

Ah! That does it! ^-^
-Tsu

C-Chan

"The Best" it stays.  ^^

Now testing....

Added after 52 seconds:

Beautiful!  JUST what I was looking for!  ^.^

"The Best" status has now been upgraded to "Genius!".  ^v^
[no exchanges or refunds]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kiso

Oh... that's nice... nice indeed.

I hope this is about enough help for me CC.

Also, thanks to you TsuTsu... I would have been half-lost waitting for that traffic limit to reset.

C-Chan

Fufu... didn't know I was a girl.  ^_____^

But CC's a fun nick,... wonder why no one thought of that one.  ^.^

BTW, I'm about ready to launch a super-update to the FOSA preamle, so you might want to check out what I already have written in there before I bury it with TONS of detail.  ^_____^'

Kiso

Worry now... I have read... also I have check out your SVGs... the're great.

I can't download them... but I got an alternative.

[Manual Downloading 1.Kiss]

-looks for a makefile-

-right clicks and views svg source-

-copies code into makefile-

-saves file as svg-

[/Manual Downloading 1.Kiss]

Hope that serves as a guide for interested peeps to follow.

Tsubashi

TsuTsu? That's cute! I don't think I've ever had a real nickname before ^v^

No problem hosting the mirror. I figure: I've got spare cycles/mem, so why ever not.

Though I don't quite understand what you mean by "can't download them." Right clicking and selecting "Download link" doesn't work? Odd, I've never heard of such a thing. Just plain clicking won't do though, since the version of firefox you were using renders svgs in the browser. Actually, come to think of it, most browsers (excluding IE, of course) render them. Gomen, I should have warned you ^.^
-Tsu

Kiso

That works too... I just had not much silence to think. Parents decided to call everyone to see some big boxing match event... and I was left with the after-headache.

But now that things are as silent as I love... I can think again and right click to "save targets as" without problem. ^_^

Oh and... there is always a foist time for nicks for everybody when I am around... it's a (friendly) tradition I carry for quite some time (read as years).