Main Menu

What Is Your Colour?

Started by Anahuyu, November 27, 2007, 10:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anahuyu

You'll be glad to know that "What is your favorite colour?" is not one of the questions.

What I am:

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b]

What I wanted to be:

But My personality just doesn't match

the image name is 'whatcolor_isXXX.jpg' as you'll notice on copying the url, XXX will be an MTG colour. if you didn't want to be what you got, post the image twice and above the second one put "What I wanted to be:" and change the XXX to the colour you wanted.

The big text below what I am is a link to the quiz.

The power of too much time.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Siya

IanDanKilmaster

ã,ãŸã— = red
ち = red
(I know these words are properly expressed in kanji, but given that I have not learned kanji, I thought it would be more appropriate if I stuck with hirigana)
Wow, seems to suit me well.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Pitkin

White... wonder if protective also means paranoid and jealous beyond limits. <_< >_>

Tsubashi

I figured I was white or blue. Guess that explains my deck choice when I used to play Magic ^^'
-Tsu

Gummster

Better watch out Ian and Nejin

NejinOniwa

Oi, oi. What covers 99% of all space?

YAMI DA.

The only thing faster than light is darkness, you know -w-

Icelilly

VonDaab

Hark! Here comst teh green guy!

Yeah... no idea why I got green.

Gummster

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Oi, oi. What covers 99% of all space?

YAMI DA.

The only thing faster than light is darkness, you know -w-

Yes but light = good and good always wins in the end.

NejinOniwa

QuoteYes but light = good and good always wins in the end.
That's because the winners write the history. And you always think of yourself as doing the right thing, don't you? Thus, whoever wins IS good by default - whether or not they are in a historical perspective.

Oh, and Light does not equal Good. Nuh-uh. Either you can say there are evil lights too, or you just go scientific and say, "It's a wave motion and photons - nothing like good/evil can be included in those."

Siya

Blue=better. *sips tea* -.-

Tsubashi

QuoteOh, and Light does not equal Good. Nuh-uh. Either you can say there are evil lights too, or you just go scientific and say, "It's a wave motion and photons - nothing like good/evil can be included in those."

In science, Light is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (about 400â€"700 nm). Light is commonly held to be composed of an elementary particle; the photon. There are, however, a million theories as to what it actually is, none of which are provable at this point. Light provides a convenient way to transport energy. It is necessary for photosynthesis, and thus also necessary for life as it is now. Regardless of Ethics and/or culture, things that preserve life are commonly held as good.

Besides which, in most religions and/or belief systems, White is designated as pure, holy, and virtuous. Even societal associations for millennia have followed this trend. Sorry nejin, but you've no valid points there either ^^'

QuoteThat's because the winners write the history. And you always think of yourself as doing the right thing, don't you? Thus, whoever wins IS good by default - whether or not they are in a historical perspective.

Ah, Touché ^.^
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

QuoteIn science, Light is electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (about 400â€"700 nm). Light is commonly held to be composed of an elementary particle; the photon. There are, however, a million theories as to what it actually is, none of which are provable at this point. Light provides a convenient way to transport energy. It is necessary for photosynthesis, and thus also necessary for life as it is now. Regardless of Ethics and/or culture, things that preserve life are commonly held as good.

Besides which, in most religions and/or belief systems, White is designated as pure, holy, and virtuous. Even societal associations for millennia have followed this trend. Sorry nejin, but you've no valid points there either ^^'

Rather than to say it is necessary I would say it is because we have it that it IS necessary. True, without the sun we would have no major source of energy and thus would have had a hard time to start the evolution chain at all, but if it HAD happened, then we would have adapted to a life without light, and thus, if we hypothetically reached a level of sentience equal to that which we have now, would we not think of light as a foreign thing, that can hurt us?
Another point would be the fact that energy, while it is necessary for maintaining the cycle of life, is still just a tool - unless you go religious on me (which, I can inform you, is not classified as a valid argument by me) you can't say it's purpose is to maintain our lifecycle, and thus it can be neither good nor evil. In my mind, non-sentient things cannot be good or evil, because the very definition of good or evil is to have a thought-out (ie, sentient) intention of actions malign or beneficial to your surroundings - sentience required for that, thus, and while we may think of them as beneficial, the sunlight might as well destroy us one day. We are only alive using a delicate balance.

And as a man of science, I'd rather say that it should be the other way around - light is only a union of differently energized photons/waves, and can act in many chaotic ways - whilst darkness is silent, pure nothingness, that will never do harm to anything or anyone. Another reason I think religions are dumb, as a whole.