Windows Vista

Started by Laevatein, February 08, 2007, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragenule

I used ultimate and when I was trying fsutil...well, take a look.

One reason why I haven't touched Vista in almost a month.
Dreaming in Digital,
Living in Realtime,
Thinking in Binary,
Talking in IP,
Welcome to our world!

95Direct

I am sticking on having XP on my laptop. Too much of a pain to try to update all of my programs and drivers (including drivers specialy for Dell XPS such as adjustable LED).

Eventhough my laptop can handle running Vista (I have tried it through a virtualization program), but as I said before, I dont want to go through the headache.

NewYinzer

A relative of mine has a computer running Vista. She has had problems running a printer off of a wireless router, constant pop-ups for updates, and slow running speed on a Core 2 Duo. It's been a headache for months, and I hope that the next service pack comes out soon.

Gussy Keniji

Mm, I'm not really leaning towards gettin a Vista, m' trusty XP doin fineso far so why get rid of it. Maybe when my XP crashes or somethin I'll think about it...

"Wut..."

NejinOniwa

E=mc2...

<.<
>.>
o.o

*hem* Sorry.
Currently using a Vista machine to connect, and I'm crying bloody murder all the damn time the freakishly bad OS makes its existence known. It's annoying, it's slow, it's paranoid, it's more graphic-spamming than the worst flash sites, but WORST OF ALL, IT'S FSCKING HOME BASIC SO IT AIN'T EVEN GOT AERO!!! 1 CR41 L43m4g3!!! D13!!! D1111111111333333333333!!!!!!!!!!

<.<

Sorry 'bout the 1337, been reading to much MT today for my own sanity...

//Nejin

Added after 35 seconds:

oh and also, i has a h4w4i sh1rtzor. it iz redz. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Silentbob

I did a Vista purge the other day.  Back to XP on all fronts now.  Won't do Vista until September when Crysis arrives.

NejinOniwa

W00t z4i13n7808! D37|-| 70 d4 |_|n1337 3vi1!!!

nicoruizmza

"Win Vista it's only for advanced users" saidme a teacher in my unversity because he is an Software ingeniery, but the thing is that is rigth because is complicated for all users that don't know anything more chat or some more.

Too many people callme asking if i can intall Win XP or another OS and said that vista have too much problems with games, programs, other things.

The true is that Vista need more development and be more easy to use for all
N.D.R.P. Estudios
NicoRuiz
;010

C-Chan

I did hear that Vista is a bit of a nightmare for developers, aside from that SP1 won't be released until an unspecified time in 2008 and will require developers to switch to a new set of APIs (routed to a Windows Security Center), thus potentially creating more incompatibility problems than it has already.

Speaking of which, I had to try out Office 2007 the other day in order to convert docx files to doc (a prerequisite to purging Windows Vista and setting up an XP/PCLinuxOS system on my friend's machine).  ^^'

It wasn't an ugly prorgram, but by GAWD it looked like they tried too hard to make it look futuristic (my friend said it looked "Mac-like".  I honestly didn't know if I was editing a Word Doc or surfing through Windows Media Player.  ^^;
Furthermore, anyone who might quip about OpenOffice's layout being 5% different than Office 2000/2003 would probably fair worse with 2007.  EVERYTHING is out of order and the fact that I use Word and Excel every single day at work didn't help much.  ^v^;

Even if you don't plan on migrating to another OS, save your money and stick with what's proven to work (consider an "upgrade" to Windows 2000 even.... ^___^;)

NejinOniwa

Well.....
With the Commision proven that M$ CAN be beaten by the law, it's possible that more changes to their attitudes may happen.
Then again, they might just also set right the other way and safeguard all they can what they've got left.

Hells how i hate proprietarism...

Bella

QuoteIt wasn't an ugly prorgram, but by GAWD it looked like they tried too hard to make it look futuristic (my friend said it looked "Mac-like". I honestly didn't know if I was editing a Word Doc or surfing through Windows Media Player. ^^;

That's one of my biggest pet-peeves with Vista. The GUI just about gave me a headache ;)

I'm at a point where I dislike Aero; I don't like Luna either and Luna with a glassy theme has even run it's course. At this point, all I want it an interface that just gets it done as efficiently and simply as possible.

Sure, shiny stuff is pretty and all, but when did OSs become more about looks and less about power, performance, stability and security, and just generally "working"?

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "Bella"Sure, shiny stuff is pretty and all, but when did OSs become more about looks and less about power, performance, stability and security, and just generally "working"?
When Micro$oft realized that the general consumer don't NEED all the fancy performance stuff as much as they need the fancy WINDOW FLIPPING stuff.

Silentbob

The first thing I do after installing an OS, is turn off all that stuff.  When they add more crap, just more work for me.    ;014

Bella

QuoteWhen Micro$oft realized that the general consumer don't NEED all the fancy performance stuff as much as they need the fancy WINDOW FLIPPING stuff.

;014 True that.

I used to spend tons of time prettying up my desktop, adding widgets and looking for 3rd-party themes and stuff...

...but then I realized, what the heck am I doing? How does this make my computer any more secure, any faster, any better at running PS or Inkscape or a word processor. I guess what I'm trying to say is, with a computer, beauty is as beauty does, and my measure of beauty is how well it runs.

I feel like I've had a real OS-awakening (<- XD).

IanDanKilmaster

^Agreed.
Substance>Style
Although a little extra style can be really nice when it doesn't come at the cost of functionality or, as you said, security.

The Choice of a New Generation.