Micro$oft vs. EU Commision - MICROSOFT DEFEATED!

Started by NejinOniwa, October 23, 2007, 06:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Yes.
Yes.
YES.
HELLS, YES!

It's true. While most of you guys may be based in the US or elsewhere, this will *still* have impact everywhere M$ holds power - which is, practically everywhere a computer store exists - and it's a big win for us all.
Yes, that's right - Monday the 22:nd of October the formal announcement that Microsoft will comply to the charges filed by the Commision in 2004 was presented. Thus they will have to open their source code to programmers who wishes to develop for their platform, WITHOUT the 3%-on-all-coming-profit stuff.

Hells, yes. We won.
We all won.

Also, the person who told me of this was my grandmother. I feel a little bit ashamed of that... ^-^;

(more info: http://www.news.com/Microsoft-finally-yields-to-EU-order/2100-1014_3-6214564.html?tag=nefd.lede)

//Nejin
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

You know, I always wanted to see a picture of Gates crying... now I know one of you guys can make it happen (find a picture of him after hearing about this case ^__^).

*does man-barr/open-source power fist and bows out of thread with a swagger in his step*

The Choice of a New Generation.

C-Chan

This is, of course, in the back end.  Though this likely won't work for an informed European consumer, you can be sure Microsoft will spin this as trying to expand interoperability and cooperation.  ^___^

Still,... it's nice to know that now someone other than the Chinese government can have access to the Windows source.  ^^'