The lighter side of computers

Started by Bella, April 28, 2007, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I don't know what was funnier, the joke itself, or hearing a man 60+ years my senior say it XD

Made this come to mind for just a second O__o

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/336/2/0/Mac_VS_PC_connection_by_Nire_chan.jpg

*Gets handcuffed and walked out of thread*

NejinOniwa

You hopeless, hopeless, HOPELESS girl... >w<
SAVETH!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Yes, I should probably have my head checked out for finding that so funny O___o

SleepyD

LOL...... oh, Bella....

"Hello, I'm a Mac."
"And I love you."
"Today I just... wait, wha--"
*MMMMWWAAH*

hahahahaha.... *bricked*

CaptBrenden

oh god, hide that from Icelilly quick!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

VonDaab

About a year ago my bro called me and asked if I knew anything about macs. I said that I knew something.
Next thing, bro arrives at my home bringing 2 first gen. imacs with him.
Anyways, ones HD was broken, unfortunately it was the one with the 333mhz processor. The other one had the older 233mhz processor but OS9 intact. 1stGen imac construction isn't the easiest to dissassemble so I thought that I could fix the processor problem by swapping them.
So I scavenged the other one and built one working with the 333mhz processor and Rams combined about 340Mb.
I wasn't happy with the OS9. Time to get a newer one.
So after several hours of fighting, I managed to install a warezd OSX10.3.
As a really smart guy, I thought about updating the OS, well...
At 99% in the update, the mac froze up. A real "Lol Wut?" moment.
Booted, and got this:

Fell almost from my chair.
At this moment, I couldn't do anything but just laugh.

Indeed macs can get messed up.

CaptBrenden

thats why she is characterized as carrying bombs, cus when she crashes she crashes hard

Tsubashi

Quote1stGen imac construction isn't the easiest to dissassemble so I thought that I could fix the processor problem by swapping them.

meh, They're not very hard at all. Nothing a screwdriver can't get you into. It's the old PowerMacs you have to watch out for. ^-^

QuoteSo I scavenged the other one and built one working with the 333mhz processor and Rams combined about 340Mb.

Oh? How in the world did you end up with 340Mb? There was only one 333 Mhz model released, and if I remember correctly there was only two slots for RAM. Besides which, the 333 Mhz model was only able to utilize 128Mb RAM anyway! ^.^

I've actually never seen that screen before, but did you try enabling verbose bootup? Might have helped pinpoint the problem.

QuoteI managed to install a warezd OSX10.3.

wait, nevermind. This is the problem!
-Tsu

Techno the fox

I just remembered...I've always been into computers...
Once when I was younger I bought a Hewlett Packard Pavilion Built for windows 98 at a discount store for $5.00.

Well, when I get it home...It doesn't work...
I spent HOURS looking at that comp, trying to get it to work...I even bought A 6 CD-drive set from ebay, And Messed up one of my monitors by stripping the cord....All with no results...

Well, A year ago I decided to go back and give it one last look.
I open it up only to find....It doesn't have a hard drive XD

That day I really felt like a DAU

Icelilly

A few days ago, some kids vandalized our computers that my class uses for programming. I actually thought they broke all computers when they didn't turn on. XD

Techno the fox

Oh, All the senceless violence -_-
2K-Tan Forgive them..

Anyway...My computer scared the Crap out of me today.
I turned it on, and all it gave me was...A variation of the blue screen of death..Just blue...Absolutely nothing but a mouse cursor..

I turned it off because it was apparently frozen, Then when I turned it back on it did it again.

By this  point I was freaking because I had alot of files in there that hadn't been backed up yet.

I turned it off, Gave it a few seconds to rest, then when I turned it back on it acted perfectly fine.
Just a random glitch I guess.

CaptBrenden

i once  made a black drawing of a white circle and a line that looked kinda like O---  and then set it as the flag screen saver on the school computers.. looked like a sperm swimming on every computer in the class XD

Bella

A few days back, kinda late at night, I was trying to finish some documents up. So I turn on K8 and--WTF?!?!?! It's the BSOD!

Needless to say, my heart just about skipped a beat. I immediately went for the power button (reflexively!) when...hey, this is the XP login screen....but...what just happened...?

Me, being the girl genius I am, decided about a week prior..."Wouldn't it be fun to set the Sysinternals BSOD screensaver: ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/BlueScreen.mspx ) on my computer?"

At that moment I remembered that sometimes when coming out of hibernation/standby, the current screensaver flashes on.

A real Duh moment...

Also, here are some delightful "Haiku Windows error messages" that a friend emailed me :D

The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

Program aborting
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask far too much.

Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Your file was so big.
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

Stay the patient course.
Of little worth is your ire.
The network is down.

A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone.

Three things are certain
Death, taxes and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

CaptBrenden

C-Chan

I'm not one for forwarding messages, but I'm gonna have to send that out to my friends tomorrow.  ^______________^

BTW, had a very similar BSOD moment.  My friend who I gave the laptop to recently panicked when he saw the BSOD on his machine after leaving it idly for a while, and came to me for help.  I asked him to move the mouse.  He did.  The BSOD disappeared and dropped him to the PCLOS desktop.

He set the screensaver to Random and apparently dropped in when it had cycled to the BSOD screensaver.  ^.^

Too bad he didn't stop by when the Guru Meditation would've been showing.  ^______^