Introduction to OS-tans

Started by Bella, April 22, 2007, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiko Taniguchi

Looked around on Wikipedia wondering what Wikipe-tan was.
Then I found you guys.
Drive fast... crash faster.

GBolt_0

I saw OS-Tan many times but I didn't give it much importance, because I thought of it like a singular case... Well, I was just wandering looking for Wii, and I found Console Girls... Googling around I found OS-Tan (I thought they were really cute!!!)... Eventually in Wikipedia I found this wonderful site!!!
I implore you to forgive my speaking of English, as I'm not so premium with it.

NejinOniwa

Hmm~ looks like we owe a lot to Wikipe-tan as for bringing in members...thanksgiving time maybe? ^-^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NaGeL

Bouncing XP-tan flash
troubled Windows flash
Google search
Wikipedia
then this site :D

FreeHero

Well I actually saw a OS-tan without knowing what it was, several months later I stumbled upon the XP-tan flash startup screen.  After searching I canme upon this site.

Techno the fox

I've been a fan of M.U.G.E.N for a few years...And so evenutally I came across 2chan's mugen "Nijikaku" and Found the best char in the entire game (In my opinion at least) was 2K-Tan, Then eventually I heard someone in another Mugen forum us the word "Os-tan" Searches on google Led me here...and the rest is history

Kyo-Chan

I stumbled apon a XP tan picture whilst flipping through the random article button.
:D thats how I found out.
Piinatsubataa pururun nanji! wai oh wai oh Piinatsubataa pururun nanji!

Internetspawn999

I found them while on waka chan and had to find out more about them.

NekOSaka

I was at my friends house one day and I saw an anime-esc girl(2k) with the windows logo, covered in, well... Anyway I was curious as to the origin of the pic and asked my friend if It was an official windows ad. (they sure caught my interest). He laughed and said no. I later looked into it on the net and eventually found this site.

ghosty1212

Quickly found it through Wiki. I was looking through some Harem Animes, and some OS things, and I found this. Can't remember to clearly, but yeah, Wikipedia is AWESOME.... ;010

windowsgirl

so umm i liked anime so i searched anime on wikipedia
then i saw wikipe-tan
then i saw os-tan
then i saw this site
Neptune: the OS that never was

sildias

I found myself about OS-tan quite similarly with you all.. I found it while searching randomly to Wiki.. (kinda forgot what exactly i look was..-_- )
BUt i do remember when, i found about the OS-tan 'TV opening' like video. in youtube.. I really though that the OS-Tan was made into anime.. and though ' How could i miss this anime??' ^_^

Smokey

quite by chance I found a folder labeled "Operative System Girls" while browsing someones filelist on DC++, looking for Postal 2.
I thought "hmmm interesting"and downloaded it, liked it -a lot- and asked my big friend Google if she knew anything about this phenomenon, she told me to go to this site and 750 pics later, here I am a registered user hooked on OS-tans :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

nagato

I was on a forum and a member created a poll about os-tan and had a link to this website.
Feb 4th 2008. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

"you wanna tangle red?" Stephen Colbert
"I wanna tangle." Conan O\'Brian
"How do you want to settle this?" Stephen Colbert
"I want to settle this a civilized way... with violence, violence ladies and gentlement." Conan O\'Brian
"Lets do it. Come on. I am going to kick your ass." Stephen Colbert.

mikoto

Oh, it's good question. I search with google 'linux anime girls' (I like anime and I like Linux ^_^). I found them on the some blog, I don't remember. And, by the one of the links, I found OS-tan on the wikipedia.
Thanks to this site and all people who draw OS-tans! I download more than 700 images, they are so cute!